The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, Riavan said:

I don't think they said the releases were for malign portents. It just said four hero characters. It's much safer to assume he is one rather than not at the moment. Regardless you are reading into it wayyyy too much for gw.

I feel like if ur hoping for a diff order hero ur in for a bad time guy.

I completely disagree!!! 

Gw made it pretty clear each grand alliance is getting a hero for making portents (see warhammer community website)

The new Stormcast meatloaf (whom I love) is definitely not a malign portents release (ref: December 2017 white dwarf which releases him and makes no reference to malign portents except the back page)

Therefore there will be another order hero for  Malign Portents.

I could be wrong of course but the current evidence suggests I'm right

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Can't remember if I've seen it online but at the seminar they definitely confirmed malign portents was having a website

We speculated here a while back about the AOS website (equivalent to 40k, Underworlds, etc.) !

Glad to hear it was effectively talked about at the "official" seminar :) Anyway it makes totally sense, and also it means Malign Portents (with the new logo and all) is more or less "AOS 2.0" rule wise (because I think it will be a general AOS website, not just a Malign portents website - nor a War of Konor style website, because GW made no hint of Malign portents being a "global campaign" style event ...)

The Witch Takers

All Products

The Witch Takers

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar story

Tracking the stolen contents of a Chaos warrior's tomb, a pair of Sigmarite witch hunters are drawn into a deadly conflict that leads to bloodshed and damnation.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a look at the witch hunters of Azyr in the Mortal Realms, and at the ways in which the Dark Gods spread their influence over the innocent and peaceful.

THE STORY
Amidst the metal sands of the blazing deserts of Droost, a pair of witch hunters from the Order of Azyr discover the looted tomb of a champion of the Dark Gods – a tomb that is missing an ancient and dangerous artefact. As the pair set out to find who took the relic and see it destroyed, they find a trail of devastation and carnage – and daemonic trickery. Led to a peaceful oasis in the heart of the desert, the witch takers are drawn into a deadly conflict that will lead to untold bloodshed and damnation… 

Written by C L Werner

• Like 2

This quote from ADB's AMA is very encouraging.

I was a crazy-late adopter to Age of Sigmar. The Old World resentment hit me reeeeeaaaally hard, but I got a seriously lucky break, when WHTV asked me about helping them with some script work for their trailers. I had to sign a bunch of extra NDAs, and the end result that I’ve started seeing some insanely awesome stuff coming down the pipe for AoS in the future. And that finally turned me around all the way on the new setting.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

This quote from ADB's AMA is very encouraging.

I was a crazy-late adopter to Age of Sigmar. The Old World resentment hit me reeeeeaaaally hard, but I got a seriously lucky break, when WHTV asked me about helping them with some script work for their trailers. I had to sign a bunch of extra NDAs, and the end result that I’ve started seeing some insanely awesome stuff coming down the pipe for AoS in the future. And that finally turned me around all the way on the new setting.

I just hope ADB is talking about 2018 stuff :) But I keep faith we'll get great things for AOS soon ! Thx for sharing Chikout

3 minutes ago, xking said:

Droost  is a vast metallic  desert in the realm of metal.

Within Droost  is the khanate of Arlk where the story takes place.

The story is about two witch hunters, A male named "Talorcan" and a female named "Esselt" who hunt down a  khorne chaos artifact that can possess people(it can possess only one person at a time) . Turning them into murder monsters, Causing a lot of massacres in the desert towns. I won't  spoil the ending.

Is the name of the artefact, by any chance, Charu the soul-whip?

7 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

So my LGS has confirmed that gavriel is going to on pre-order THIS saturday. So he's not the Order "herald" for malign portents.

Which makes me wonder what they will release the 30th, they kind of have burnt all their cartridges they showed us (bar Orlock, but that's most likely going to go up the 23rd).

That's what I read in the WD too... Are the Orlocks 2018, then ?

I seem to remember that the 30th was no release at all last year ? Or was it the Christmas Week end ?

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That's what I read in the WD too... Are the Orlocks 2018, then ?

I seem to remember that the 30th was no release at all last year ? Or was it the Christmas Week end ?

Gang War 2 is 2018 - confirmed on the WHC website.  I guess there's a chance it will be January but I suspect it'll be out in time for the HH/Necromunda Weekender the first week of February.

In the back of my head I recall that we don't get a release window over Christmas and New Year from GW.  Probably the first lot of pre-orders will go up on the weekend of the 6th when there's the New Years Open Day.

Gang war 2 is February. It was mentioned on the recent stream.

January is probably a mostly aos month with a bit of love thrown to 40k in the shape of new demon codex and nurgle minis.

I' m really not a nurgle fan (comfortably my least favourite chaos minis)  so after what will be 5 solid months of nurgle releases I am ready for something else.