The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, BadDice0809 said:

This leak isn't potato cam. It looks pretty good.

Frankly I wish AoS got the leak treatment 40k gets. 40k leaks let them have an idea of what's coming down the pipeline for the next year. Meanwhile, AoS gets what? Long silence only broken when the self appointed arbiters of AoS leaks deigns to post some "cryptic" pic (could literally just say what's next but no... where's the fun in that? ;) ).

If potato cam leaks force their hand I'm all for them.

1643287028051.jpg

It was a potato cam pic, a maris piper potato maybe but a potato none the less. 

The fact someone broke the trust placed in them and potentially risked their job if they work for GW to put a bad pic of a model on the Internet a day before it was going to be revealed is just idiotic to me. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

The fact someone broke the trust placed in them and potentially risked their job if they work for GW to put a bad pic of a model on the Internet a day before it was going to be revealed is just idiotic to me. 

I agree. It takes away all the hype of the event. I'd rather wait till tomorrow to see the Nighthaunt model than a bad potato image today. Especially if it's the only AOS model Previewed. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Absolute shame, yeah.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

So do we think Idoneth and Dwarf soup announcement with no new models / spells / terrain plus nighthaunt with a new hero?

Or are they delaying Idoneth and Dwarfs for some reason?

Considering how the hype seems to have a deliberate 40k (30k?) bend to it, I'd not expect much more than that, yeah.

47 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

So do we think Idoneth and Dwarf soup announcement with no new models / spells / terrain plus nighthaunt with a new hero?

Or are they delaying Idoneth and Dwarfs for some reason?

I'm expecting IDK, Fyreslayer tomes revealed but that Nighthaunt will be released first, showing off their Tome and model.

With Nighthaunt jumping the queue because IDK and Fyreslayers have more units to be revealed!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m imagining it’ll probably be all NightHaunt (hopefully the boat thing included), their new tome and rereleases of all their stuff still stuck in Soul Wars with the ending being teasers for future Deepkin & Fyreslayers releases. (Fury of the Deep’s Aqshy realm rules might tie into this year’s Season of War)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Ech, i really enjoy leaks myself. Gives me some Warhammer too oogle at and talk about for the whole week, not just a couple of hours on Friday, plus that one model gets a whole day or two to itself rather than overshadowing or getting lost in the pile.

Someone is DEFINITELY getting fired over the Eldar leaks though, as they have been pouring out for months! 

• Like 4

Agreed I don't mind the leaks, and they are far more rampant in 40k. A lot of people seem to think it robs GW of the effort they put into the reveals but to be honest the reveals always seem pretty low effort. Corny skits and a couple spinning camera shots and flashing lights.

If they put more effort into the reveals I would be more sympathetic, give me more OBR style reveals with dramatic trailers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m imagining it’ll probably be all NightHaunt (hopefully the boat thing included), their new tome and rereleases of all their stuff still stuck in Soul Wars with the ending being teasers for future Deepkin & Fyreslayers releases. (Fury of the Deep’s Aqshy realm rules might tie into this year’s Season of War)

Mate I'm feeling a bit confident that this may be the case!! I've nothing to base it on but I feel like IDK and Fyreslayers will actually get more units.

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I'm feeling a bit confident that this may be the case!! I've nothing to base it on but I feel like IDK and Fyreslayers will actually get more units.

I agree with @Baron Klatz and my liege @KingBrodd, the legions of grief were left behind once the Soul Wars began, and that is a fate no death army should suffer. However, besides the obvious Deepkin, Ghosts, and Dawi goodness, I expect we'll get some kind of tease in regards to whatever "new" faction may be down the road.

• Like 1

I have no issue with leaks per say, but I have a suspicion a lot of them come from playtesters who don't need to worry about losing their daily bread if discovered.

My concern, if that's true, is somebody higher up in the sales department decides that if playtesters are causing such a ruckus then just scrap them entirely and go back to relying exclusively on the studio designers.

GW's always had a few drops leak out, but the veritable burst pipes they've had over in 40k for the last few months must have some people internally running about in a tizzy. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

New Nighthaunt book with fresh, interesting rules would be a big hit I feel. Ghosts are a sleeper hit, and I imagine you'll see an explosion of them in hobby groups if they get flavorful and useful rules.

Personal expectations are to see IDK and Fyrslayer books (leaning on a combined dwarf release to build off the end of BR:Belikor), Nighthaunt Battletome announcement and that's it. Anything more I'll take as a bonus, but I feel thats a pretty conservative expectation.

I think we're in for a good few months of heavy 40k focus.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I have no issue with leaks per say, but I have a suspicion a lot of them come from playtesters who don't need to worry about losing their daily bread if discovered.

My concern, if that's true, is somebody higher up in the sales department decides that if playtesters are causing such a ruckus then just scrap them entirely and go back to relying exclusively on the studio designers.

GW's always had a few drops leak out, but the veritable burst pipes they've had over in 40k for the last few months must have some people internally running about in a tizzy. 

That's the point tho, because someone wanted be the first to break the news, they risk spoiling it for everyone else. 

If external playtesters can't be trusted after signing NDAs then getting rid of the external playtesters is the logical solution. 

And if it was someone who works for GW and they lose their job, it's going to look great when applying for a new job.

I can see the conversation now. 

So why did you leave your last job? 

I leaked a slightly blurry picture onto the Internet of a product 24 hours before the company was going to reveal it, breaking the their trust and I was asked to leave. 

Right, so why did you do it? 

For Internet kudos from geeks, tho as I had to stay anonymous I didn't actually get any personal praise. 

Thank you for your time, but I don't think you're suitable for this position. 

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Not to throw shade at anyone directly because I don't know much about the process and the decisions behind it, but even with playtesters we still manage to have stuff like bonesplitterz and sentinels/gargants/drakes/horribly broken thing of the moment, so there's definitely something broken about the current process anyways.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

the legions of grief were left behind once the Soul Wars began,

There’s a substantial shake-up for the NightHaunt since Broken Realms that I’m looking forward to their new tome exploring. With the Necroquake closed off the majority of their endless waves from the Underworlds caused them to go from a Tyranid-like force that immediately replaced all their loses with new soulmatter(biomatter) to being slightly more conservative and digging in on their gains when they flooded the realms in their billions.

I’m hoping that’ll mean some nice flavorful sub-factions for them now that they’ve settled in the realms, like say a force that references the heroic ghosts of Hallost(noble spirits that hunted chaos invading their underworld during the Age of Chaos, had their lands threatened to be swallowed by the Nadir during the Soul Wars and now the 3.0 Core Book confirms Hallost is saved that fate and the hero ghosts are riding out to aid the Dawncrusaders) and it’d be nice to get NightHaunt that trade their ethereal rules for something like a 3+ Save by being Metal ghosts from Elixia in Chamon.

I Really liked Elixia and would like it’s flying sword banshees to get another go via the NightHaunt.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-ruins-of-elixia-en.pdf

0i44h421ea831.jpg

Also would be cool to see if they reference the fiery NightHaunt leader, the Lady of Ashes, that invaded the Ghyranite treetop cities from the Stormground videogame.(she ripped my forces a new one twice)

Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Storm-Ground-rec

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I expect we'll get some kind of tease in regards to whatever "new" faction may be down the road.

Fingers crossed we’ll finally hear from Silent  People or the Gloomspite will finally get more love with an armada of Grotbag Scuttler airships aiding them. :D 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They'd need to be listening to playtesters feedback for that to be any concern.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

They'd need to be listening to playtesters feedback for that to be any concern.

To be fair we don't know much of the process, maybe the feedback itself is poor, or the books are rushed out and it can't all be addressed, especially when maybe the book should have a second round of playtesting or something.

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

That's the point tho, because someone wanted be the first to break the news, they risk spoiling it for everyone else. 

If external playtesters can't be trusted after signing NDAs then getting rid of the external playtesters is the logical solution. 

And if it was someone who works for GW and they lose their job, it's going to look great when applying for a new job.

I can see the conversation now. 

So why did you leave your last job? 

I leaked a slightly blurry picture onto the Internet of a product 24 hours before the company was going to reveal it, breaking the their trust and I was asked to leave. 

Right, so why did you do it? 

For Internet kudos from geeks, tho as I had to stay anonymous I didn't actually get any personal praise. 

Thank you for your time, but I don't think you're suitable for this position. 

This is what I dont get, like you dont get fame or fortune or anything? What's actually the point? Reddit Karma? It just baffles me the risks people take for no gain. 

I mean, pretty obviously they leak stuff like this for some mix of self satisfaction and making folks happy* given thats it not the traditional other reasons for leaks IE Personal fame (Anonymous) and making changes (Books already printed) though i guess it might speed up faq answers slightly.

Afaik the external playtesters all have day jobs of some description so its hardly a career ender :P

Honestly though, i think a lot could be stopped by just having a coming soon section that just names the next three books for the main systems, no dates, no order, possibly even no other hints (But some hints would be nice!) so there is some idea out there already, lord knows the howling wastes of AoS future arent great right now and roadmaps are apparently a terrible idea with our current logistics mayhem, so aim for the middle ground?

That said, as mentioned, the Eldar leaks are wiiiild. 

*Some will ofc never be happy but most can be, for a little while :D