The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Kitsumy said:

so rude to say that and ignore seraphons..... there isnt anything more beastly than dinosaurs!!!!

I can think of one thing more beastly... Beasts of Chaos
beastmen-2.jpg
Yet they are somehow the army I am most worried wont get a dedicated tome this edition. If they were to get souped I hope that they get a massive lore push and that they are not a foot note in the S2D tome 😭 

But paranoia about my favourite goatboys aside. 

Yes Seraphon better get some love during the era of the beast, they are the good guy beast faction and need some love! It also seems strange that there is indication that Kurnothi Aelves are not likely to get a dedicated release in the era of the beast also seems like a missed opportunity. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I can think of one thing more beastly... Beasts of Chaos
beastmen-2.jpg
Yet they are somehow the army I am most worried wont get a dedicated tome this edition. If they were to get souped I hope that they get a massive lore push and that they are not a foot note in the S2D tome 😭 

But paranoia about my favourite goatboys aside. 

Yes Seraphon better get some love during the era of the beast, they are the good guy beast faction and need some love! It also seems strange that there is indication that Kurnothi Aelves are not likely to get a dedicated release in the era of the beast also seems like a missed opportunity. 

Personally, if (and this is a big IF) GW decides that AOS no longer needs a rampaging army of furry bait it’s because they’ve found a way to intergrate them into each faction. Tzeentch fans have the ability to play an entire army of bird men throughout every Warhammer game, why shouldn’t the other gods get the same treatment? After all mutants make up a major part of the Lost and the Damned.

But most of all, it saves the brand new model kits from being scrapped because their faction doesn’t sell well *weeps in 8th Edition Tomb Kings models.* I really should’ve gotten into the game sooner…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Skaven and Ogor refresh for 2022!! Era of the Beast!!

I've set my expectations low for aos this year and am only expecting a single big release this year, so its ogors or skaven or Chorfs in my opinion (i'd be happy to be wrong though). Then we'll get a 6-7 tomes with a single model.

• Like 1

At least Seraphon got Kroak in Broken Realm and I feel like such a big centrepiece model isn’t some one off model they design without other stuff related to him.

that and they hinted in a White Dwarf that Kroak and Kragnos are set to square off in the Era of the Beast.

I dare say that Seraphon has probably the highest chance current of getting a rework 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

so rude to say that and ignore seraphons..... there isnt anything more beastly than dinosaurs!!!!

Of course I'd love Seraphon to get some love!!

49 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I've set my expectations low for aos this year and am only expecting a single big release this year, so its ogors or skaven or Chorfs in my opinion (i'd be happy to be wrong though). Then we'll get a 6-7 tomes with a single model.

Selfishly I'll take the Ogors...but Skaven do deserve it most.

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

At least Seraphon got Kroak in Broken Realm and I feel like such a big centrepiece model isn’t some one off model they design without other stuff related to him.

that and they hinted in a White Dwarf that Kroak and Kragnos are set to square off in the Era of the Beast.

I dare say that Seraphon has probably the highest chance current of getting a rework 

I agree. Wether it's this year or the next I believe Seraphon will be getting a refresh this Edition. 

Honestly, we shouldn't complain! We've been crying for years; "bring back X from Fantasy!" or "reimagine Y from Fantasy". We have craved nostalgia.

And Games Workshop in their eternal wisdom have obliged, for what is more nostalgic than seeing your setting overshadowed by 40K in every way? To live knowing there's no rumours to be had or releases to wait for? I for one applaud GW for catering to us greybeards who missed the days of WHFB!

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Honestly, we shouldn't complain! We've been crying for years; "bring back X from Fantasy!" or "reimagine Y from Fantasy". We have craved nostalgia.

And Games Workshop in their eternal wisdom have obliged, for what is more nostalgic than seeing your setting overshadowed by 40K in every way? To live knowing there's no rumours to be had or releases to wait for? I for one applaud GW for catering to us greybeards who missed the days of WHFB!

I think you give GW to much credit

or that they know who the greybeard are

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Hm, I'm not so sure; Lord Kroak already did try to keep Kragnos at bay and needed the help of a certain ascended Goddess of Murder to do so.

I believe that it's going to be Yndrasta and the dragons who will face off with Kragnos. She is supposed to be Sigmar's best monster hunter and she's on the cover of the core book. And the dragons have their own motivations, of course. 

Still Seraphon are, of course, in need and deserving of a refresh. 

Edited by Maogrim

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is there even anything announced for AoS that could go up for pre-order? I think everything that has been revealed is already out.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but no, there are literally no announcements for AoS, or announcements of coming announcements. Even this weeks community preview seems to indicate it will only be talking about 40K this week. Gotta do Tau codex previews 12-14 you understand, no time to confirm when or what the next AoS battletome will be.

14 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Hm, I'm not so sure; Lord Kroak already did try to keep Kragnos at bay and needed the help of a certain ascended Goddess of Murder to do so.

I believe that it's going to be Yndrasta and the dragons who will face off with Kragnos. She is supposed to be Sigmar's best monster hunter and she's on the cover of the core book. And the dragons have their own motivations, of course. 

Still Seraphon are, of course, in need and deserving of a refresh. 

In the White dwarf with the Seraphon Tome Celestial the specifically said that Kragnos and Koak will most definitely face off again before the Era of Beast is over. Kroak current objective is to re-trap him again. I mean Yndrasta and the Dragon can help Kroak, but it seems like both Kraggy and Kroak both going to go at it because of their history.

Edited by novakai

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is there even anything announced for AoS that could go up for pre-order? I think everything that has been revealed is already out.

The only thing I can think of is releasing the Red Harvest Warcry warband separately from the box but that about it really

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but no, there are literally no announcements for AoS, or announcements of coming announcements. Even this weeks community preview seems to indicate it will only be talking about 40K this week. Gotta do Tau codex previews 12-14 you understand, no time to confirm when or what the next AoS battletome will be.

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

The only thing I can think of is releasing the Red Harvest Warcry warband separately from the box but that about it really

Heres hoping for absolutely anything AOS at LVO.

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We really need another online preview or event with one, otherwise the next month will be another month with little releases for us.

Assuming the Idoneth and Fyreslayers tomes don't have any other new models to go with them, they could just show their cover in a article during the week. Vanguard boxes for Orks and Stormcast could also happen like this, but its a little too early to release them.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I look at the LVO Schedule I didn’t see anything about a preview event, just a GW hobby seminar

I've seen this as well and just hope that maybe GW will do something on Warhammer Community that weekend. So hopefully next weeks This Week in Warhammer article will announce that and if not then I've no idea when the next event is.

Just now, KingBrodd said:

I've seen this as well and just hope that maybe GW will do something on Warhammer Community that weekend. So hopefully next weeks This Week in Warhammer article will announce that and if not then I've no idea when the next event is.

Adepticon

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

We really need another online preview or event with one, otherwise the next month will be another month with little releases for us.

Assuming the Idoneth and Fyreslayers tomes don't have any other new models to go with them, they could just show their cover in a article during the week. Vanguard boxes for Orks and Stormcast could also happen like this, but its a little too early to release them.

yeah like they reveal Tau codex in just an article and they didn’t need a preview event to do so, so any small release like a tome can be done this way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Adepticon

yeah like they reveal Tau codex in just an article and they didn’t need a preview event to do so, so any small release like a tome can be done this way.

Adepticon is late March isnt it? If we have to wait 3 months for another Preview or AOS news that will not go over well with fans, even us patient ones!!

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Adepticon is late March isnt it? If we have to wait 3 months for another Preview or AOS news that will not go over well with fans, even us patient ones!!

I mean if the Deepkin is in February and Fyreslayer is in March it probably make sense along with one more small release afterward. When 40K decided to give a big update to two armies at once I can’t really see a big AoS release until those two armies get their stuff revealed.

Edit: sort of like what happen when Shadowspear was releasing, there where a lot of small releases for AoS until Slaanesh was release in May.

Edited by novakai
  • Sad 1