The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

If we look back at the accompanying text for the past rumour engines that have been solved, were they actually helpful clues?

Not that I recall.  I could be pessimistic and point out the UK news yesterday morning was full of news about Venus and Jupiter conjunction visible in the sky the night before ('stars' aligning), but i dont want to spoil anyones hopes and dreams :$

Edited by stato
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

This is the first rumor engine in a while I'll agree has a good chance of being Elven. That being said, if it is from and elf, I'd say the odds are better at it being a Shadespire squad.

Iam kinda skeptical of that.. as we have 4 other known warbands for Shadespire that dont include anything Elven. If it is Elven then it would make sense that its for AOS.

That beeing said, It could be 40K exodites, or Shadespire Stormcast bowmen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uveron said:

Iam kinda skeptical of that.. as we have 4 other known warbands for Shadespire that dont include anything Elven. If it is Elven then it would make sense that its for AOS.

That beeing said, It could be 40K exodites, or Shadespire Stormcast bowmen. 

It's less that I think it's Elven Shadespire and more that I think it could actually be elven(too many people see elves everywhere), but if it is, I'd guess it was shadespire.

24 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Saw this on Bolter & Chainsword amongst other 40k rumours:

Oh I hope that's a solid rumor. I've got my KOs built out and will have my Nighthaunt by the end of the year, and I'm hoping to get started on Nurgle at the beginning of the year. Get some share daemons to round our my Death Guard and then build our the AoS side. Pestigors would be awesome.

5 hours ago, Uveron said:

40K exodites

Is this a thing? Have they been an army in the past? Most 40k isn't my bag but from the bit of reading I've done on the fluff this would definitely be my army if it was a thing!

Is there any chance this could be for LOTR? Any rumor engine precedent for that? They do seem to be rebranding it to the "Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game" with next month's 'Battle Companies' book, maybe some more LOTR in the pipeline?

I do think it's most likely AoS though. Now this just has to be aelves this time, right? You know what they say about broken clocks. Or I am just a broken record?

44 minutes ago, awcamawn said:

Is this a thing? Have they been an army in the past? Most 40k isn't my bag but from the bit of reading I've done on the fluff this would definitely be my army if it was a thing!

Is there any chance this could be for LOTR? Any rumor engine precedent for that? They do seem to be rebranding it to the "Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game" with next month's 'Battle Companies' book, maybe some more LOTR in the pipeline?

I do think it's most likely AoS though. Now this just has to be aelves this time, right? You know what they say about broken clocks. Or I am just a broken record?

I don't think it can be Lord of the Rings. The Rumour Engine (as far as I'm aware) has only been for releases done from the main studio. LOTR is now handled exclusively by Forgeworld.

As for the rumour engine image. I don't see it being a Death thing, the arrows or bolts, whatever they are look a bit too clean for Death or Destruction. The metal work on the quiver leads me to think it's some fashion of Dark Aelf (Shadow aelf or otherwise), or it could be something Chaos as well (Potential Darkoath stuff?). I'd probably guess Shadow Aelves though, as I guess in theory we should be much closer to that release since we've had the little serpent on hand rumour forever now.

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I don't think it can be Lord of the Rings. The Rumour Engine (as far as I'm aware) has only been for releases done from the main studio. LOTR is now handled exclusively by Forgeworld.

As for the rumour engine image. I don't see it being a Death thing, the arrows or bolts, whatever they are look a bit too clean for Death or Destruction. The metal work on the quiver leads me to think it's some fashion of Dark Aelf (Shadow aelf or otherwise), or it could be something Chaos as well (Potential Darkoath stuff?). I'd probably guess Shadow Aelves though, as I guess in theory we should be much closer to that release since we've had the little serpent on hand rumour forever now.

There’s been at least one rumour engine from Blood Bowl (Goblin chainsaw guy) so there is some precedent for FW stuff. 

I had a dream last night. The new aelves were released alongside some death stuff. The aelves were made out of, or surrounded by (spirit hosts style) black fog/mist. Some were mounted. Their heads/hair ended in a dark mist, sorta like the dark aelf warlocks. Glowy eyes. Or singular eye, in some cases.

My subconcious is obviously getting big aelf cravings :o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Oh I hope that's a solid rumor. I've got my KOs built out and will have my Nighthaunt by the end of the year, and I'm hoping to get started on Nurgle at the beginning of the year. Get some share daemons to round our my Death Guard and then build our the AoS side. Pestigors would be awesome.

I'm trying to find it, but I remember reading a reference to Pestigors recently that had them capitalized and everything. Which backs up this rumour hopefully. That said I hope they add AoS Poxwalkers. With all these new cities about, it seems like a great time for Nurgle to spread some of his gifts...

27 minutes ago, BlooDeck said:

I'm trying to find it, but I remember reading a reference to Pestigors recently that had them capitalized and everything. Which backs up this rumour hopefully. That said I hope they add AoS Poxwalkers. With all these new cities about, it seems like a great time for Nurgle to spread some of his gifts...

The Blightwar booklet ?

And I really doubt the "pox walker in AOS" theme, if we get Pestigors instead... Even if plague zombies are cool in every setting !

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The Blightwar booklet ?

And I really doubt the "pox walker in AOS" theme, if we get Pestigors instead... Even if plague zombies are cool in every setting !

The best solution for the Pox Walker kit, is to put out a upgrade pack that can be used with existing 40k models for them.... and then in AOS for Zombies. 

I doubt it will happen but its the elegant solution.