The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, spenson said:

I have to admit I kinda like the changes for nurgle but I hope the cost of mortals won't increase too much to compensate for the 5++.

If not the 5+ ward would be broken. The Glottkin would be immortal x
Apart  from that plague mechanic looks thematic

I hope most Nurgle units will have a 4+ save. Otherwise we‘d have Stormcasts on steroids

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

If not the 5+ ward would be broken. The Glottkin would be immortal x
Apart  from that plague mechanic looks thematic

I hope most Nurgle units will have a 4+ save. Otherwise we‘d have Stormcasts on steroids

It's honestly what I would expect. Everyone should know by now defensively strong a save-stacked 4+, 5++ can be. I can't really see models with 18 or more wounds running around on a 3+, 5++. That sounds like it would be impossible to deal with for a lot of mid-tier armies.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What ?!?! Are u serious ? Jes SC have a 3+ Save but deal lots lots of Dmg. A 5++ Ward u have for every Nurgle Daemon now and if u run many BK u take the HoD and they had a Ward too, so not so much different.

24 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

. I can't really see models with 18 or more wounds running around on a 3+, 5++. That sounds like it would be impossible to deal with for a lot of mid-tier armies

In with Universe are 3+/5++ impossibel to handel ?! My Glutos had most of the Time 2+(or 1+)/ 5++ and -1 to Hit and die every Game ?!?! Every IJ on Drage every Teclics and his 60 Friends every KO find it very easy to Deal with him.

So Glutos on 21 Wounds 3+Save and 5++ would be nize...…(i here from a friend something like je will cost 700+ Points so..)

I find the Rumors and Changes very nize i just hope the Points will not be too high....

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

No new dragons for me then. I'd never really expected to be able to afford the big guys. But £68 for one Stormdrake Guard isn't justifyable to my budget. 😞

Which is a real shame because they look awesome.

You get x2 models but still. 

6 minutes ago, ibel said:

What ?!?! Are u serious ? Jes SC have a 3+ Save but deal lots lots of Dmg. A 5++ Ward u have for every Nurgle Daemon now and if u run many BK u take the HoD and they had a Ward too, so not so much different.

In with Universe are 3+/5++ impossibel to handel ?! My Glutos had most of the Time 2+(or 1+)/ 5++ and -1 to Hit and die every Game ?!?! Every IJ on Drage every Teclics and his 60 Friends every KO find it very easy to Deal with him.

So Glutos on 21 Wounds 3+Save and 5++ would be nize...…(i here from a friend something like je will cost 700+ Points so..)

I find the Rumors and Changes very nize i just hope the Points will not be too high....

I find your post kind of hard to read, but I get that you disagree. Here's why I wrote what I wrote:

@JackStreicher wrote that he hopes that most Nurgle units will stay on a 4+, given that apparently their 5++ is supposed to become army wide. I think that's likely what will happen, given that everything in Nurgle is already on a 4+ right now.

I said that a 3+, 5++ will be impossible to handle for a lot of mid-tier armies in that context, that is: If there are a lot of Nurgle units running around on that kind of save. Especially if points stay similar to how they are now.

A 3+ save is just extremely strong right now, because you can easily get to a 2+ ignore rend -1 from that starting point. It's basically 1 wound suffered for every 6 rend -1 hits. A 5++ takes that to 1 for every 12. Given that heroes have the option to heal 1d3 wounds per hero phase (and Nurgle will probably have a bunch of other means of healing, too), there is a good chance that Nurgle armies that stack several high-save characters essentially become unbreakable, specifically for mid-tier armies that can't stack mortal wounds or high rend easily. This is talking about a casual context, not competitively. Top tier armies can deal with this kind of stuff, but lower-powered armies would suffer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

You get x2 models but still. 

😀 Thanks, that takes the sting out of it. The qty in pack column said 1 which confused me. I thought it meant you only got 1 model, rather than a 1 pair!

At £34 per model it's an expensive luxury but justifyable at some point.

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

😀 Thanks, that takes the sting out of it. The qty in pack column said 1 which confused me. I thought it meant you only got 1 model, rather than a 1 pair!

At £34 per model it's an expensive luxury but justifyable at some point.

Still harder to square against the wife and kids for xmas.

"Sorry guys, Daddy needed another plastic dragon to paint ..."

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

A 3+ save is just extremely strong right now, because you can easily get to a 2+ ignore rend -1 from that starting point. It's basically 1 wound suffered for every 6 rend -1 hits. A 5++ takes that to 1 for every 12. Given that heroes have the option to heal 1d3 wounds per hero phase (and Nurgle will probably have a bunch of other means of healing, too), there is a good chance that Nurgle armies that stack several high-save characters essentially become unbreakable, specifically for mid-tier armies that can't stack mortal wounds or high rend easily. This is talking about a casual context, not competitively. Top tier armies can deal with this kind of stuff, but lower-powered armies would suffer.

Mhmm okay, healing Mechaniks and so, and Jes there are Munific Wanderers too (in CC) So jes Nurgle could be very strong in "Don't Dying" but I don't know if that would be Enough (let's be honest the 5 A BK will make the same amoung of hits than the 3A BK with exploding 6ses).

10 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

Still harder to square against the wife and kids for xmas.

"Sorry guys, Daddy needed another plastic dragon to paint ..."

Yeah, definitely something like that! I will probably wait and keep an eye on eBay when I have the money spare for split sets to get half a set/1 dragon (depending on if the sprues allow)

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

No new dragons for me then. I'd never really expected to be able to afford the big guys. But £68 for one Stormdrake Guard isn't justifyable to my budget. 😞

Which is a real shame because they look awesome.

It is funny that all these new dragons, which are soo cool but outside of my budget, have made me learn to really appreciate the Dracothian Guard so much more. Many dragons in myths do not actually feature wings including my favourite in Tolkien's legendarium Glaurung. Furthermore Dracoth actually more likely resemble 'descriptions of dragons' from explorers encountering large crocodilians and monitor lizards. I also think it is funny how people are obsessed with the taxonomic features of dragons which are non-standardized across cultures and regions even within shared borders. Even Tolkien described various dragon forms in his legendarium, with his original visions of dragons including mechanical iron dragons. 

In other words, I am going to rock a unit of my budget dragons and run my Dracothian Guard with pride! I may save up for one of the big dragons as I truly love dragons and they look really cool I will also keep my eyes peeled for them on second hand markets. 

Look at what was posted right after my love letter to dragons, lets hope they make this an actual annual tradition:
1cDof5oTwjqNilTo.jpg
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/22/dragon-week-the-draconith-are-taking-over-warhammer-community/

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

So probably $100-110 USD for the Stormdrakes, based off GW conversions. And $160-200 for the big dragons. Thats just nuts.

Edit: I based it off the conversion for the Triumph of St Kat from sisters as it is £65 and is $110. And combat patrols are £85 and $140.

Edited by HCMistborn
Clarification
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

So probably $100-110 USD for the Stormdrakes, based off GW conversions. And $160-200 for the big dragons. Thats just nuts.

Edit: I based it off the conversion for the Triumph of St Kat from sisters as it is £65 and is $110. And combat patrols are £85 and $140.

The price is high, but it follows the established model of costing you about 600 Dollarydoos for a whole army. GW always prices their models like this, partially so that there is no financial incentive to play elite armies over hordes, but mostly because they obviously make more money that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

It is funny that all these new dragons, which are soo cool but outside of my budget, have made me learn to really appreciate the Dracothian Guard so much more. Many dragons in myths do not actually feature wings including my favourite in Tolkien's legendarium Glaurung. Furthermore Dracoth actually more likely resemble 'descriptions of dragons' from explorers encountering large crocodilians and monitor lizards. I also think it is funny how people are obsessed with the taxonomic features of dragons which are non-standardized across cultures and regions even within shared borders. Even Tolkien described various dragon forms in his legendarium, with his original visions of dragons including mechanical iron dragons. 

In other words, I am going to rock a unit of my budget dragons and run my Dracothian Guard with pride! I may save up for one of the big dragons as I truly love dragons and they look really cool I will also keep my eyes peeled for them on second hand markets. 

Look at what was posted right after my love letter to dragons, lets hope they make this an actual annual tradition:
1cDof5oTwjqNilTo.jpg
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/22/dragon-week-the-draconith-are-taking-over-warhammer-community/

I'd love a sneaky: By the Way, how do you like this Idoneth Sea Dragon!? - Model

-One can dream :)

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

No chance that i never gonna pay 85€ for one unit.

I can remember in aos0 how i bougth for 25€ the city of sigmars(not citys at that time) cavalrys.

Then the increase to 40\45 with palladors etc.

Then the 50 of blood knigth......but i wont go beyond of 50 for a unit if it isnt a hero.

I guess each person have a limit and mine is 50 for non hero\behemots units and for sure 85 for these dragons is way beyond that limit

I find price limits like that tend to break when you actually see models in person. Some stuff seems really expensive for what you get when all you see it as is as a photo online. Photos make things seem smaller. See them and even hold them in person and suddenly they are EVER so much bigger

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

I find price limits like that tend to break when you actually see models in person. Some stuff seems really expensive for what you get when all you see it as is as a photo online. Photos make things seem smaller. See them and even hold them in person and suddenly they are EVER so much bigger

But with these we get a good sense of size because of the Stormcast rider on them.

The opposite effect - when I saw the original tease of the Stormcast chariot I thought it was AMAZING. But since seeing more views and angles on the webstore it's now in the meh category...

Edited by EntMan

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The price is high, but it follows the established model of costing you about 600 Dollarydoos for a whole army. GW always prices their models like this, partially so that there is no financial incentive to play elite armies over hordes, but mostly because they obviously make more money that way.

That's not completely true. Kruleboyz Sludgeraker costs half of what the bird cost and is in the same point cost region and has the same role (centerpiece, leader, monster).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The price is high, but it follows the established model of costing you about 600 Dollarydoos for a whole army. GW always prices their models like this

To claim knowledge over GW's obfuscating pricing methods is pure hubris of the highest order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4