The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

GSC/Custodes codexes have been delayed into next year.

Not a good sign for AoS going forward either. 

Most of the businesses i've heard from have said that the world shipping/supply issues will carry on well into 2022. I think this is just further proof of that and everyone needs to be a bit more understanding when it comes to timings of releases. 

• Like 3

It feels like gw just releases things that are finished and ready to ship at the moment. Harrowdeep and red harvest got released out of nowhere. If more things get delayed i think we can expect things like underworld models or warbands and maybe scenery or endless spells ahead of schedule.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I doubt it will put the rumoured 40K favouritism to rest, but I am still hopeful we get the Nurgle release on time. But yeah the future after that is looking a little bleak. 

I do think that this is why a roadmap is a good idea though as it would keep discussion of Age of Sigmar more alive.

The nurgle battletome has already been delayed a month so it should be okay for December. 

I see the opposite and wouldn't release a road map I don't think there has been a single codex or battletome this year that hasn't been delayed. 

I wouldn't want to have to keep telling my customers something I said would be out by X is now coming out in Y. 

I think GW has actually done a great job keeping up releases over the past 2 years, I wouldn't want the schedulers job! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

The nurgle battletome has already been delayed a month so it should be okay for December. 

I see the opposite and wouldn't release a road map I don't think there has been a single codex or battletome this year that hasn't been delayed. 

I wouldn't want to have to keep telling my customers something I said would be out by X is now coming out in Y. 

I think GW has actually done a great job keeping up releases over the past 2 years, I wouldn't want the schedulers job! 

I just want to know the order of upcoming Grand Alliances for AoS, at least that lets us speculate. I can see why they wouldn't do this as 40K players would want the same and see several years of just Imperium/Space Marine releases ahead... 😪

Also, I really want some focus in this down time giving us rules for the late 3.0 armies (Soulblight, DOK, LRL and HoS) getting some Battle Tactics, Grand Strategies, New Path to Glory rules and modern battalions. Don't care if it is White Dwarf or Warhammer Community but this should get seen to in order to at least let some of the recent releases function more fully in line within 3.0.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I just want to know the order of upcoming Grand Alliances for AoS, at least that lets us speculate. I can see why they wouldn't do this as 40K players would want the same and see several years of just Imperium/Space Marine releases ahead... 😪

Also, I really want some focus in this down time giving us rules for the late 3.0 armies (Soulblight, DOK, LRL and HoS) getting some Battle Tactics, Grand Strategies, New Path to Glory rules and modern battalions. Don't care if it is White Dwarf or Warhammer Community but this should get seen to in order to at least let some of the recent releases function more fully in line within 3.0.

But they already released almost all of the imperium books, thats the thing that made people angry. Almost all the imperium releases were in the begining of the edition. Heck, for the first months we had nothing but space marines. We already had all the space marine ones (both expected and unexpected like black templars), sisters of battle, mechanicus, grey knights and now custodes. Imperium is only missing guard and knights. Unless they wanna launch even more space marines codexes like they did by the end of 8th edition, there isnt a whole lot of imperium left thankfully.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

imagine going full paper amid  worldwide pandemic and supply chain issues 

MFW

kekpostapo.jpg

Even if they they went fully digital, which I hope they never do, it wouldn't speed up the release schedule. 

Releases would still be staggered and would be awaiting everything else that goes along side a battletome release (models, dice, warscrolls and so on). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Even if they they went fully digital, which I hope they never do, it wouldn't speed up the release schedule. 

Releases would still be staggered and would be awaiting everything else that goes along side a battletome release (models, dice, warscrolls and so on). 

Dice and warscrolls/datacards are peripherals that aren't required. Whilst GW would certainly love to sell you them, there's no reason they can't wait to either be released later down the line when the dead tree copy of the codex/battletome lands, or earlier. 

I think if GW is going to commit to doing annual rules updates then a more digitally-driven focus is required. I imagine most people aren't too keen on scribbling/post-it note'ing their books with all these changes.

Having digital versions that're updated in real time is what pretty much every single other wargames does now, but as usual GW are digital dinosaurs for no other reason than because they 'can' be by virtue of their popularity.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Why go "fully digital"? Just go "fully AoS 2.0" where I could buy a digital battletome on their app thus avoiding any problems with my store not having physical copies 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It's not even that they could let us prepurchase the physical copy and give us the online pdf of the rules then some months later you would get a physical book in a gw store. Hell go even further and say you can pickup a physical copy if you want with this one use code at any GW store in the future. some people would just buy the digital copy and forget about the code or give it to their friend. 

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

It's not even that they could let us prepurchase the physical copy and give us the online pdf of the rules then some months later you would get a physical book in a gw store. Hell go even further and say you can pickup a physical copy if you want with this one use code at any GW store in the future. some people would just buy the digital copy and forget about the code or give it to their friend. 

But they are doing that in a roundabout way. You buy the physical copy and get the digital code which does update. 

Nothing is stopping you selling the book after you've used the code if you want the rules cheaper. 

25 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

But they are doing that in a roundabout way. You buy the physical copy and get the digital code which does update. 

Nothing is stopping you selling the book after you've used the code if you want the rules cheaper. 

a roundabout way which achieves the great result of imposing on digital rules all the constraints of buying a physical copy (whether it's supply chain problems like we are experiencing now, lack of stock, having a store nearby/waiting for the delivery...). Just, why?

• Like 2

Just now, Marcvs said:

a roundabout way which achieves the great result of imposing on digital rules all the constraints of buying a physical copy (whether it's supply chain problems like we are experiencing now, lack of stock, having a store nearby/waiting for the delivery...). Just, why?

Because not everyone wants digital rules.

Give me a book any day. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Give me a book any day. 

Who said that one excludes the other? We had this exact situation in AoS 2.0, that's what I was saying: books for those who want books, and the possibility of buying full digital battletomes for those who want digital. I am still amazed by the fact that we went backwards on this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Who said that one excludes the other? We had this exact situation in AoS 2.0, that's what I was saying: books for those who want books, and the possibility of buying full digital battletomes for those who want digital. I am still amazed by the fact that we went backwards on this

I think the point is that doing both doesn’t make the rules get release faster since they both are release at the same time anyway.

the digital version is not gone but you have to buy the physical version to gain access of the digital. Now the reason of them doing this is a bit mift but it probably attribute that Amazon and Apple taking too much of a big cut on their e-reader service and of course them maximizing profit. 

but I do think it’s an incentive problem because a lot of people buy the tomes physically still so there no reason to stop doing it or switch to another less profitable format, much like EA and every sport games they put out every year.

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Give me a book any day. 

Agreed.. I love a book, especially a Hardback. But…

I don’t understand why on earth you’d shoot yourself in the foot. At the very least offer a double whereby buying a Hardcopy gives you access to a digital version without the ability to screen grab. Even from an eco point of view. I was aware they were no longer providing war scrolls but didn’t know they were also removing digital books. Truly perplexed I am. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I don’t understand why on earth you’d shoot yourself in the foot. At the very least offer a double whereby buying a Hardcopy gives you access to a digital version without the ability to screen grab. Even from an eco point of view. I was aware they were no longer providing war scrolls but didn’t know they were also removing digital books. Truly perplexed I am. 

I think there are the reasons novakai above gave as well as piracy issues. If people didn't pirate the books I think they would still be selling the digital copies on their own. 

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Umm that what they are doing now, they didn’t get ride of digital but you can get a copy by buying the physical book if you use the new App (which is in Beta and free for now)

the argument is they go full digital so rules can get updated faster and fixes can be patch in easier.

• Thanks 1