The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Sons of Behemat will just be a Battletome update but seeing as they came out not too long before 3.0 they may even miss the Tome update this Edition.

Honestly, I think there is not really anything worth updating in the case of Sons, since they got a rules update in White Dwarf already. If they get a new tome, it almost has to come with new models because otherwise the content in there would probably be too thin.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I completely agree.

Warclans had their update and the next Tome for Destruction will be Gloomspite with a Hero update and hopefully another unit for Spiderfang.

Ogor Mawtribes will hopefully get the major update for Destruction this Edition with a range wide update with all new units, updated models and actual heroes.

Sons of Behemat will just be a Battletome update but seeing as they came out not too long before 3.0 they may even miss the Tome update this Edition.

Considering that Sons got the White Dwarf update they'll probably miss a new 3.0 battletome imho.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I completely agree.

Warclans had their update and the next Tome for Destruction will be Gloomspite with a Hero update and hopefully another unit for Spiderfang.

Ogor Mawtribes will hopefully get the major update for Destruction this Edition with a range wide update with all new units, updated models and actual heroes.

I dont think gitz need more heroes, maybe an updated model for the finecast one. They could use a new spiderfang unit or 2 though, maybe a multikit that can be build 2 ways and they need some better rules.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I dont think gitz need more heroes, maybe an updated model for the finecast one. They could use a new spiderfang unit or 2 though, maybe a multikit that can be build 2 ways and they need some better rules.

above all they need new and better rules, what's the point to have more new cool minis that is impossible to play with, unless you play always with friends and most of the times you'll know you just lose.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Honestly, I think there is not really anything worth updating in the case of Sons, since they got a rules update in White Dwarf already. If they get a new tome, it almost has to come with new models because otherwise the content in there would probably be too thin.

37 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering that Sons got the White Dwarf update they'll probably miss a new 3.0 battletome imho.

Yeah Sons of Behemat alongside Soulblight probably wont recieve a new Tome this Edition. If it means more room for Ogors I'll let my Sons take a dip this Edition!!

17 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I think a lot of facitons would prefer getting a new troop option over getting a new hero, but releasing new troops just doesn't seem to be a thing GW does outside of large range updates. I'm afraid the only options are big waves of ~10 new kits or a token hero. Or, if we go back to 2019, just a battletome with nothing in the way of models.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think a lot of facitons would prefer getting a new troop option over getting a new hero, but releasing new troops just doesn't seem to be a thing GW does outside of large range updates. I'm afraid the only options are big waves of ~10 new kits or a token hero. Or, if we go back to 2019, just a battletome with nothing in the way of models.

If that would be the case i would like a troggoth wizard XD.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I definitely have a preference for troops over heroes, but I guess for GW there is a lot more profit in single models.

Unfortunately for me I have a hard time justifying spending over 15 pounds on a single small model which I'll destroy with my (lack of) painting skills.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Fingers crossed Mawtribes get the former.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah Sons of Behemat alongside Soulblight probably wont recieve a new Tome this Edition. If it means more room for Ogors I'll let my Sons take a dip this Edition!!

LRL and Sons are the same age and LRL got another tome already so I don’t think that logic really stick other other then being pessimistic 

the last 4 tomes that came out before the new edition are probably more at risk of not getting a 3.0 battletome. Mainly because GW release intent for AoS seems less driven and organized then 40K for some reason. 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I definitely have a preference for troops over heroes, but I guess for GW there is a lot more profit in single models.

Unfortunately for me I have a hard time justifying spending over 15 pounds on a single small model which I'll destroy with my (lack of) painting skills.

I think it because designing and releasing a hero model is lower effort then designing and releasing troops. Production of those hero spues probably has minimum effect on the factory and can be fabricated at the same time as the are producing their next big model release.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

LRL and Sons are the same age and LRL got another tome already so I don’t think that logic really stick other other then being pessimistic 

the last 4 tomes that came out before the new edition are probably more at risk of not getting a 3.0 battletome. Mainly because GW release intent for AoS seems less driven and organized then 40K for some reason. 

I don't think it's Pessimism, just rational. Sons got the very first Tome Celestial update for 3rd edition, and there's just realistically nowhere else to go with them unless they get new models, and I don't think anyone expects them to get new models soon.

LRL OTOH I would normally also put in the "no-update" column for this edition, except that it seems very likely still that they have more models that haven't been released yet.

Basically, IMO, I don't expect new tomes until very late 3rd or not at all for any armies that either released this year or got a Tome Celestial update unless they get new models. So Slaanesh, DoK, Gravelords, STD, SoB, Seraphon are all on my personal "unlikely to see a new book in the next year or two" list. LRL are a probable exception to the rule, and I do think there might be something to the idea that Seraphon will eventually see a big update, between Kroak and the Underworlds band there is what looks like a consistent design shift nailed down for them.

We can also of course cross out SC, Orcs, and now Nurgle, which leaves Cities, Fyreslayers, KO, Sylvaneth, IDK, Gits, Mawtribes, FEC, Nighthaunt, OBR, BoC, Skaven, Khorne, and Tzeentch, plus any new armies.

Merged Dwarves, maybe with new models/new subfaction seems inevitable at this point even though I don't like it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it sometime next year. Sylvaneth also appears set up for some kind of update, but no one seems to know what or when, or especially when this whole Kurnouth/Kurnothi direction is finally going to pay off.

Cities is hard to judge, they're a major point of focus in both BR and the new lore, but no real rumors of an update yet I don't think? I'd like to see Devoted make a big comeback with new models, but we'll see. IDK I can see updated pretty much anytime with just a new hero and we do have a rumor for that courtesy of Whitefang.

Gits just need a book mostly, I can see them fitting in basically anytime there's a slot for them. Ogors late edition with new models also feels like a decent guess but not based on any real rumors.

I think Nighthaunt and FEC and OBR have all been set up in BR, (Elf Bones! Stormcast Souls!) Rumor Engines, etc to see potentially a couple new models each, and we'll probably see one of them soon updated soon.

Chaos for now I think is mostly in the book/obligatory hero model territory for 3rd edition, with the exception of rumored Chorfs, and the quite aged model lines for Skaven and BoC. Between the two, I feel like BoC are slightly more likely to see new models than Skaven, but it's just a gut feeling, I've got nothing to back it up. Realistically more likely both will get a few old models replaced but not a huge wave for either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't think it's Pessimism, just rational. Sons got the very first Tome Celestial update for 3rd edition, and there's just realistically nowhere else to go with them unless they get new models, and I don't think anyone expects them to get new models soon.

LRL OTOH I would normally also put in the "no-update" column for this edition, except that it seems very likely still that they have more models that haven't been released yet.

Basically, IMO, I don't expect new tomes until very late 3rd or not at all for any armies that either released this year or got a Tome Celestial update unless they get new models. So Slaanesh, DoK, Gravelords, STD, SoB, Seraphon are all on my personal "unlikely to see a new book in the next year or two" list. LRL are a probable exception to the rule, and I do think there might be something to the idea that Seraphon will eventually see a big update

I don’t think tome celestial mean your less likely to get a 3.0 book and people are harping on that fact too much. Gitz got 3 tome celestial this year too and where publish in Kragnos. they where pretty much render all useless in match play when Dominon came out because of battalion changes 3 to 6 months later depending on which on you got

ideally all armies should get an updated tome like how 40K did it in 8th and in process of doing it in 9th. Just that AoS isn’t seem to be organized on that front.

Edited by novakai

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don’t think tome celestial mean your less likely to get a 3.0 book and people are harping on that fact too much. Gitz got 3 tome celestial this year too and where publish in Kragnos. they where pretty much render all useless in match play when Dominon came out because of battalion changes 3 to 6 months later depending on which on you got

ideally all armies should get an updated tome like how 40K did it in 8th and in process of doing it in 9th. Just that AoS isn’t seem to be organized on that front.

I don't at all consider the 2nd edition Tome Celestial updates, and the 3rd Edition ones, which are explictly noted as being official 3rd edition updates to certain battletomes as being at all equivalent. We can agree to disagree, but I stand my ground on that point.

• Like 5

That ogre song is no Tattered Sails Shanty from the vampire coast but damned if it's not exciting! Truly incredible to see how it plucks imagery almost perfectly from the illustrations in the 6th ed. army book.

71 Ogres Kingdoms ideas | ogre, warhammer fantasy, warhammer art

There's also this other trailer for the Ogre Kingdoms, using the in-game engine and showing a lot of the units: https://www.redditmedia.com/user/Total_War_/comments/qhisrh/hackt_euch_durch_eure_feinde_und_werft_sie_in_den/?ref_source=embed&ref=share&embed=true I think we'll see this reappear as an advertisement or something.

It shows that Greasus has been upgraded to a sort of wheelbarrow apparatus and also features a Slave Giant model taken straight from this ancient conversion in 6th ed book!

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.32.23.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.34.54.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don’t think tome celestial mean your less likely to get a 3.0 book and people are harping on that fact too much. Gitz got 3 tome celestial this year too and where publish in Kragnos. they where pretty much render all useless in match play when Dominon came out because of battalion changes. 

Things are different since the edition change. The current Tome Celestial updates are less rules expansions and more 3rd edition compatibility patches. It really seems like their purpose is to tide armies without 3rd edition tomes over for a few years. It makes sense in theory: It doesn't seem like GW is planning to do a battletome per month again like during 2nd, so they can "update" a faction per month in white dwarf and still end up with a mostly level playing field within a year and a half or so of the launch of 3rd.

This assumes that the WD updates are part of a larger release strategy and that there is coordination between these mini updates and battletome releases, but I think that's a fair assumption to make. I will at least stick with it until we get a counter example. Of course, GW could decide to give an army a tome celestial and update their battletome a few months later, but it would definitely be a questionable release schedule, especially given that the same people write the rules in both cases and must be aware that an update is in the works.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

Gitz became useless because they broke the Stabbas/Shootas with the FaQs and the buff stack from CA in the combat phase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Gitz became useless because they broke the Stabbas/Shootas with the FaQs and the buff stack from CA in the combat phase.

Gitz took a lot of hits from all directions. Removing all warscroll battalions right after patching their weakest subfactions with special warscroll battalions didn't help them either, though that's one of my gripes with the edition change in general.

• Like 1

It more in line with that white dwarfs are meant for fun and being temporary rules for your army. Not meant to update you for the whole edition especially since they don’t last long as a publication until they get vaulted into the app

my more main gripe is with Broken realm being uneven with rules compare to PA and even outright skip a whole grand alliance and Khorne, but even the small thing armies got in the book where pretty much useless when 3.0 came like 3 month later. 

• Like 1