The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, KingCheops said:

Uh the Skinks maybe.  Definitely not the Slann and the Saurus don't really care.  But since only the Slann are actually alive I'd say that Sotek is largely done for.

Sotek may have been primarily a Skink deity back in Lustria (Even though the Slann and Saurus eventually came around to him as well), but he certainly seems to exist in some capacity within AoS. Not sure if he's mentioned at all in the Seraphon battletome, but GHB2017 just released a 'The Fangs of Sotek' Warscroll Battalion, which is actually mainly a Saurus battalion led by a Slann. Barely a Skink in sight! (The only Skinks that are in the battalion are either in the optiona Thunderquake battalion or the additional SERAPHON units).

As for the latest rumour engine pick. It could be part of a helmet ala Blood Knights, but I'm not sure. The 'gap' in the membrane on the back feels a bit odd for a helmet, and it looks like it curves far too forwards also. There's a similar one in the current Blood Knight kit that isn't anywhere near as large.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 1

That rumour engine pick looks too spiky to me to be aelves or death (though a new faction for either could have very different aesthetics of course). I'd actually guess it's something for Slaanesh since it's got the  "SPIKES ERREYWHERE" look of chaos in a more elegant, curved package. Maybe a helmet crest or unusual sort of weapon?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davariel said:

That rumour engine pick looks too spiky to me to be aelves or death (though a new faction for either could have very different aesthetics of course). I'd actually guess it's something for Slaanesh since it's got the  "SPIKES ERREYWHERE" look of chaos in a more elegant, curved package. Maybe a helmet crest or unusual sort of weapon?

Ooooh I wish. But I won't expect it as we most likely see some nurgle first followed by something other than Chaos. 

4 hours ago, Davariel said:

Eh, slaanesh stuff stuff tends to be more...crab-ish. This is very bat-like so it's pretty definitely either death or dark elves.

1 hour ago, Charles said:

It looks like Death to my eye, maybe something for Shadespire

I think it is for something bigger than we have seen for Shadespire. I thought it might be an element of a new skeleton chariot (it looks a bit on the aerodynamic side) or a weaponhead or decorative element of something larger than human (maybe a new ushabti or Morghast like construct? Admittedly, both would be units I really want to exist, but I still think at least the first may be likely.

• Haha 1

I really don't think this is death. Doesn't seem like bone spines at all. Looks like a painted helmet top - direction of shadows make this seem like it sits in the same direction on the model as per photo.

Only faction that I think this fits with is elves or 40k eldar. This could be ynnari... but I'm going to keep fingers crossed for dark elves so that it's Sigmar.

M

I'm about to start a Moonclan Grot army. I'm feeling pretty good about the basic Grots and the Fanatics as they're all plastic and reboxed on round bases already. But if I'm not mistaken the Cave Squigs and Squig Hoppers are some pretty old kits. Have there been anything even approaching a rumor that we'll see new ones?

3 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm about to start a Moonclan Grot army. I'm feeling pretty good about the basic Grots and the Fanatics as they're all plastic and reboxed on round bases already. But if I'm not mistaken the Cave Squigs and Squig Hoppers are some pretty old kits. Have there been anything even approaching a rumor that we'll see new ones?

Afraid not, Moonclan Grots are a relatively popular faction who didn't receive a set of allegiance abilities in the new GHB though, so there's a slim chance a battletome for them could be turning up in the next year...

Have you seen the updated rules for Forge World's Squig Gobba yet?

Just now, Double Misfire said:

Afraid not, Moonclan Grots are a relatively popular faction who didn't receive a set of allegiance abilities in the new GHB though, so there's a slim chance a battletome for them could be turning up in the next year...

No, I actually haven't looked at any of the FW stuff. Anything good there?

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Loads! The Squig Gobba, a command group of cool alternative hero models and a big 'ol squig. I think the Troggoth Hag is something Moonclan can ally in in the new GHB too. Enjoy!

Nice.  Trolls can definitely ally with Moonclan in the new GHB. In fact it was my owning some Rockgut Troggoths that got me wanting to build a Moonclan army. I had gotten them just to paint but I decided I wanted to get them to table and gobblins seemed the best fit for them.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Curiously I can not think of any instance of Moonclan finding mention in any background text, not even in any of those small timeline snippets. Considering how iconic the likes of squiqs, fanatics and hooded gobbos are, I think it is likely GW has some special plans for them. Unless my memory is riddled with Moonclan shaped holes of course (it is quite possible).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Curiously I can not think of any instance of Moonclan finding mention in any background text, not even in any of those small timeline snippets. Considering how iconic the likes of squiqs, fanatics and hooded gobbos are, I think it is likely GW has some special plans for them. Unless my memory is riddled with Moonclan shaped holes of course (it is quite possible).

Based on the page worth of background we got for them in Grand Alliance: Destruction, I think it would be neat if Moonclan Grots only came out at night, and were for the most part afraid of the other races and only ever seen when they knew they'd be able to get the drop on something and kill it, a bit like the Hrud in 40k.

This latest tumor reminds me of something Draconic.  And I remember that there was an earlier rumor of a hand holding a young drake.  Perhaps the upcoming Aelven faction is Order Draconis rather than Cthulu Aelves or White Lions (White Lions are debunked as the lion head pic comes from the cloak of Black Talon).

7 hours ago, darkspear said:

This latest tumor reminds me of something Draconic.  And I remember that there was an earlier rumor of a hand holding a young drake.  Perhaps the upcoming Aelven faction is Order Draconis rather than Cthulu Aelves or White Lions (White Lions are debunked as the lion head pic comes from the cloak of Black Talon).

It doesnt appear to from the pics ive seen of Naeve. So primarch or white lion rumours are still in play!

Im still betting on Scourge Privateers for aelves!

I hope they do something WAY different than Scourge Privateers.. they had their time in the sun or ocean  or whatever.  That was a good lore for sea-borne monster collectors with floating citadels but I want something out of left field to usurp the Dark Aelven mythos (Cthulu would be pretty awesome but make it as unique to Fantasy Wargaming as the KO were - just not steampunk or overly technological, more magic based).   The Scourge Privateers reek of Drow from Forgotten Realms in a blender with Elric and the Melniboneans from Moorcockverse.  LOVE both of those worlds/sagas by the way but the beauty of AoS is the chance to reboot all of these older tropes in unbelievably awesome ways.

Based on the video blogs I have seen regarding the designer panels at Nova, we wont be seeing any new Battletomes until after Christmas (and that was not a given on a tome, just something major with Deathrattle coming with the new campaign being teased.   I wish they would just do a full Nurgle tome now though.  I went in for Blightwar and assembled the snail guy and lady SC and they both look really cool.  I did not think I would ever go for a Nurgle force but now I am set on one (at least a moderate one for now).  I really need to check out the existing range as some of the things look great even though they may have been out for a while.  Some Pestigors and the AoS equivalent of Pox-walkers seem to be in order though as I like the mortal aspect and don't mind some deamonkin but don't want an entire army of Plagebearers by any  means.

• Like 1