The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Any reason in particular? Did Yndastra kick your granny in the shin or something?

She did what?

Yndrasta is definitely part of the problem. I don't like the direction GW took with Stormcasts. Have some stormcasts from 1st edition and they had completely different esthetics back then.

Edited by Aeryenn

39 minutes ago, novakai said:

it depend on people i guess, Ugly is sometimes not a bad thing if done correctly

Me and my friend ordered one copy of Dominion, me taking the Kruelboyz half. I'm not even sure if I'll paint them in the end. Starter boxes are always such a good deal it is a no brainer to take one for the price. On the one hand I really like swamp theme and Kruelboyz match that to a degree but then again I bought 2k points worth of boxes for Gloomspite Gitz and they appear to me to be much more interesting faction.

I wonder if GG new battletome that is rumored to be one of the first for 3rd edition will provide an allegiance for troggoths both from GG side and those new from Kruelboyz. I think Troggoths allegiance would greatly benefit from that.

And I think we're yet to see all the models. At the previous preview Adam spoiled by mistake that he likes the swamp faction terrain. I think I remember that correctly.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Kruelboyz Reveals:
Mashcrawla Sloggoth— Ugh, this thing makes me so uncomfortable and that is why I love it. I will avoid fighting it out of a sense of pity. I love and hate this thing in equal measure… I think the paint scheme makes it really uncanny. It reminds me of the creepy bio-weapon from 
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Gutrippaz— Still cool models. My feeling towards them is more or less the same upon the initial release namely they are better orc models.

Man-Skewer Boltboyz — My favourite troops for the Kruelboyz. I feel like these continue that trend for me and so I am excited to see more of them.

Skumdrekk — We got our gator and it is absolutely bizarre... I feel like I still needing to wrap my head around the strange anatomy of this thing. The rider is the best looking Kruelboy so far. The variant on the other hand I absolutely love. I would take the hero from the named build and the monster for the alt build.

Honestly my only problem from the Kruleboyz side of things is the following: lack of Hobgrotz, no sign of the rumored batwinger scorpion tailed monsters, and that the Sludgeraker isn’t more gatory(still love the beast though, probably gonna buy two(one for play, the other for conversions) depending on the price(I’ve gone over hobby budget this month)).

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Guys...it's just me or the horned big thing on the right of the orruk battletome seems a lammasu?

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

Nice catch! We also have some kind of flying drake spike thing!

WKuSxIFNlCwcS9Mu.jpg

If that’s not a not a Lammasu or Bale-Taurus of some kind I’ll wear my shoes into the mosque(I’m kidding, but still).

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Honestly my only problem from the Kruleboyz side of things is the following: lack of Hobgrotz, no sign of the rumored batwinger scorpion tailed monsters, and that the Sludgeraker isn’t more gatory(still love the beast though, probably gonna buy two(one for play, the other for conversions) depending on the price(I’ve Gina over hobby budget this month)).

Sludgeraker and Gothizzar Harvester kit bash feels like the great start of something tombkingy... maybe using the Sludgeraker as the bas body and greenstuff bandages over it? I am not really good at kitbashing or greenstuff, sadly. 

@Kaleb DaarkMaybe Stormcast are to scale and this game has been about skinny duardin the whole time? 🤩

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Sludgeraker and Gothizzar Harvester kit bash feels like the great start of something tombkingy... maybe using the Sludgeraker as the bas body and greenstuff bandages over it? I am not really good at kitbashing or greenstuff, sadly. 

I was thinking of some kind of vampire voodoo demigod using the vengorian lord, but that Tomb King idea is inspired! I think @TristanGray has a guide to bandages on his patreon page(type up Tomb King Tristan).

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

The kruleboys besties look like jim Henson muppets from the dark crystal. Must resist another army! 

I just rewatched Labyrinth the other night and got that evil muppet vibe from the Kruleboyz! Now, do I buy a Sigvald, bash him up into the Goblin King, and call him a Megaboss?

Or maybe one of the new vampire lords?

Edited by Zamik
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

The kruleboys besties look like jim Henson muppets from the dark crystal. Must resist another army! 

8070df2c09197e01a0732d8b294a0f9c.jpg

First person to paint them using a Brian Froud (one of the lead designers for the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal) colour palette will have my gratitude. I grew up with his art books and they really inspired much of how I imagine fantasy worlds. ♥️

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

I feel like October is going to be Maggotkin. They are the oldest book so it makes sense. Maybe not super exciting but about time.

Didn't BoC lost their rules allowing them marks, or something? Maybe it will come out too patch this up?

That's the even cooler part. The Kruleboyz are superb, but the Stormcast hold their ground and actually look good opposite to them. I'm super happy with the models in the Dominion box and plan to expand both armies to reasonable size.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Feel a pain to ask yet again but does anyone have a link to the rumours so far?

Did one guess the Sludgeraker? And with BoC/MK being rumoured and then one of the new BT's being Chaos, they could be legit.

Not sure if there's somewhere that contains the most up to date leaks and rumours?

A lot of those rumours came from /tg/ and had a near-zero hit rate of late. None of the Sludgeraker rumours came close to what we got, they didn't mention the Sloggoth, and said nothing about alt kits for the rippaz and boltaz. As for one of the new BTs being Chaos, since we knew we were getting an Order and Destro battletome immediately, guessing that one of the next few would be Chaos-related is a pretty easy guess. There were lots of rumours about points changes just before we saw the GHB leak and none of them got anything right there either.

So basically, right now the only likely rumour I can think of is Grimdark Live's claim that there'd be cavalry coming for the Kruleboyz, and that's because their source was right about a lot of stuff coming in with Dominion.

Oh, and Whitefang, of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Chaos Tomb Kings sound amazing don’t get me wrong, but to quote The Imperishable “I Do Not Serve, I Rule!” 

Well technically speaking it was the four of them who brought him back, but you know what they’re like, they’ll just let him get on with it … old Blackbone Settra leuencoeur the immortal imperishable himself.