The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I personally hope we get The Golden Magus character from Dreadfleet, as he was a chaos sorcerer who had Ogres in his crew and had the use of multiple djinn(and later took control of The Galleon's Graveyard).

Sooo... every word of what you described speaks to my soul 🤭

41 minutes ago, Kronos said:

This might be a cheeky question but I’ve been out of following the thread and Warhammer in general for a few weeks, which I feel Is a lifetime (been busy with work and training my new fur baby). Can anyone provide a round up regarding release rumours and where we’re at. I see there’s something about Dwarfs, ogors and inevitably stormcast and Krule boys.

A huge thanks in advance 🤙

The speculation is all dwarf factions will be put into a soup battletome. 

Speculation of ogors getting a big refresh. 

There are more stormcast and krule boyz coming and hopfully we'll see them revealed next week in a preview show to celebrate 3rd edition. 

• Thanks 1

Whitefang's reactions are this forum's version of Q-drops.

I can't wait until people start drawing elaborate maps that show all the connections between things they (meaning Whitefang) have reacted to in what way. And these maps would become exceedingly more bizzare and outlandish, and in a year from now everyone will be feverishly discussing when the true AOS designers will finally take control of Nottingham and release that Silent People/Fimir battletome. 

Just you wait, Deep Workshop, the Storm is coming. Where we game one, we game all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Dreadfleet was a great concept, just horribly executed.

Hahaha, my excitement over the lore you described made me overlook that it came from Dreadfleet. I know nothing about the game except that the models were utterly beautiful and that it was somewhat of a standalone release? 

I will say that Age of Sigmar seems to be begging for some degree of Naval/Aerial combat hybrid style. Whether it is an expansion of AOS proper or a side game it just feels like it would work so well. Idoneth and Kharadron require zero design changes to work into a naval/aerial styled game and could function as the poster children of the game/ruleset.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Neverchosen said:

Hahaha, my excitement over the lore you described made me overlook that it came from Dreadfleet. I know nothing about the game except that the models were utterly beautiful and that it was somewhat of a standalone release? 

I will say that Age of Sigmar seems to be begging for some degree of Naval/Aerial combat hybrid style. Whether it is an expansion of AOS proper or a side game it just feels like it would work so well. Idoneth and Kharadron require zero design changes to work into a naval/aerial styled game and could function as the poster children of the game/ruleset.

Honestly the models and the novella were the best part of dreadfleet(there’s a reason why some of the characters made it into Total War).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

+++ MOD HAT ON +++
Just to be very very clear. This forum is for everybody and we treat each other with respect. If you can not do this, this is not the forum for you. If any body carries on behaving in such a way, points and bans will be issued.

Now can we get back to rumours.

PS - just because somebody likes or reacts to something in this topic, doesn’t always mean there is a hidden meaning. They could just like or react to something. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ MOD HAT ON +++
Just to be very very clear. This forum is for everybody and we treat each other with respect. If you can not do this, this is not the forum for you. If any body carries on behaving in such a way, points and bans will be issued.

Now can we get back to rumours.

PS - just because somebody likes or reacts to something in this topic, doesn’t always mean there is a hidden meaning. They could just like or react to something. 😉

Of course you would say that... So the mods in here are FangAnon as well. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Orrrrr ... just someone who really, really gets off on attention.

An apt description of the GW PR department if you ask me.

I'm getting increasingly hopeful as far as Dwarves are concerned. New Chaos Dwarfs would be a dream (second only to the proper return of the Tomb Kings, not that I think that will happen now that we have Bonereapers). I was initially quite sceptical that new CD's could be coming, even with the new hobgrots. However, given how overtly the CDs were mentioned in their description I now have hope. I will also be delighted if anything happens for order dwarves too mind. A new dwarven alliance would maybe not be as good as big expansions for KO and FS, but any update would be great. Its time for the Dwarves to rise again, after all the elfy-ness of the last few years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

<<<
<<<

What was that you said!

I mean... if I'm not mistaken those are... white ... fangs in your profile pic, aren't they? 

Come on, we all know there are Hedonite and BOC players held captive under GW stores, where the evil overlords are harvesting their salty gamer tears! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GutrotSpume said:

Swear I could remember reading way back that Firebellys had to hunt down fire ants as part of their initiation. Would love Ogors to have a character riding a massive ant!

Giant Fire Ants would be awesome as mounts. I constantly go back and forth between Fyreslayers or Firebellys getting a Giant Magma Tortoise with a Howdah full of Firebellys. 

34 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I mean... if I'm not mistaken those are... white ... fangs in your profile pic, aren't they? 

Come on, we all know there are Hedonite and BOC players held captive under GW stores, where the evil overlords are harvesting their salty gamer tears! 

Actually, from people in the HoS thread (I’m a Slaanesh fan from all the way back 6th Ed WHFB, btw) who have actually played the faction with new points…they’re doing REALLY well against armies like LRL by playing to faction strengths. We’d love to see points come down. But despite two considerate point increases very recently, we’re still strong. A sleeper army, if you will. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

This or a giant coconut crab covered in tiki masks.

I want Giant Crabs in AOS so bad and Idoneth are the perfect Faction for them, a lot of Polynesian animals are aquatic as well though so to mix it up we could have Magma sea life as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I want Giant Crabs in AOS so bad and Idoneth are the perfect Faction for them, a lot of Polynesian animals are aquatic as well though so to mix it up we could have Magma sea life as well.

This sounds cool but also idk have a pretty unpleasant relationship with the animals they use so maybe I'd rather there was a new happy sea faction for the crabs. Don't want to see sad enslaved crabs 

4 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

This sounds cool but also idk have a pretty unpleasant relationship with the animals they use so maybe I'd rather there was a new happy sea faction for the crabs. Don't want to see sad enslaved crabs 

Now I've got Jemaine Clement's voice going through my head singing "Shiny" from the Moana soundtrack. "I was a sad little crab once..."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Not all Idoneth beasts are enslaved. They can make friends with cephalapods per the battletome. Also the deepmares have their eyes and I think are nit enslaved either, but the black library stuff confuses that a bit.

There is every chance they could be friends with crabs.

Also we could have carcinisation  spell that turns enemies into crabs.

Whitefang make the crabs happen.

14 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Not all Idoneth beasts are enslaved. They can make friends with cephalapods per the battletome. Also the deepmares have their eyes and I think are nit enslaved either, but the black library stuff confuses that a bit.

There is every chance they could be friends with crabs.

Also we could have carcinisation  spell that turns enemies into crabs.

Whitefang make the crabs happen.

Ah I've not read the battletome but have read all the Idoneth black library faction and yeah it's a bit brutal!