The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I’m not convinced the kruelboy shields are supposed to be squigs. They’re reminiscent of the old hammer face shields which weren’t based off squigs. Plus many of the shields have details like studs which directly correlate with the face/helmet of the orc carrying it. I think they’re just supposed to be brightly painted faces to scare their foes.

Yeah, they're just faster shields

• Haha 1

Looks like the only thing that currently exists about 'dragon emperors' is The Dragon Emperor of Cathay and Emperor Dragons from Storm of Magic.

The others are all links to existing model pages too.

Either a WarCom writer trying to make a nice round four... Or something is amiss

1 hour ago, The Mysterious Mr B said:

I know Grungni was involved on the (re)forging of the new type of Stromcast, but when I read this I immediately thought a new Duardin faction could be in the works.

20210622_204716.jpg.aad7fc8e19acd9a1c972ce8e7117ecb2.jpg

Shaking up the balance of the pantheon? Sounds more than just him helping Sigmar. That wouldn't really be shaking up the balance. And by this point the new Stormcast have already been talked about, so is this something else...?

So happy for the Disposessed!

Extremely sceptical what this would mean for Kharadron (which seems to fit).

It would fit that after teaching Sigmar how to make his post-humans look like humans, Grungni starts helping dwarves for a change.

• Like 2

Considering that the piece of text talks of Kragnos entering the "story" and in the meanwhile Grungni returning i thing that the new army is just stormcasts.

Sure we already know that, but the text seems to "make a recap" of what's going on and the first thing he's doing (after defending that snake of Morathi unfortunately) is to create the new Stormcast armors.

So don't gets your hopes too up unfortunately....

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shearl said:

I’m not convinced the kruelboy shields are supposed to be squigs. They’re reminiscent of the old hammer face shields which weren’t based off squigs. Plus many of the shields have details like studs which directly correlate with the face/helmet of the orc carrying it. I think they’re just supposed to be brightly painted faces to scare their foes.

The official lore is that its Kragnos' likeness 

But there was later an article on the inspiration behind the design which confirmed they are just a 3D realisation of John Blanche/Kev Adam's classic orc shield designs 

So they were designed first and then given contrived lore as an afterthought.

As I said on reveal day, *nobody* would have been like "wow who are those shields meant to represent?" If GW hadnt brought it up.

So many units have shields with stuff on them, I've never once been like "oh hey is that meant to be Dave? And whose dismembered hand is that?" 

Malignant orcs have malignant shields, news at 10, what could it mean

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Whitefang has reacted spoken. New Seraphon expansion?

image.png.eaa87ba71adc1aa5f22d9c31567ed261.png

I dunno. We already have a lot of cool models and, really, we didn't get hurt too bad in the points department. I'd like to see some finecast retired in favor of new plastic sculpts for some units, but other armies/factions need expansion a lot more than we do.

1 hour ago, Nos said:

The official lore is that its Kragnos' likeness 

But there was later an article on the inspiration behind the design which confirmed they are just a 3D realisation of John Blanche/Kev Adam's classic orc shield designs 

So they were designed first and then given contrived lore as an afterthought.

As I said on reveal day, *nobody* would have been like "wow who are those shields meant to represent?" If GW hadnt brought it up.

So many units have shields with stuff on them, I've never once been like "oh hey is that meant to be Dave? And whose dismembered hand is that?" 

Malignant orcs have malignant shields, news at 10, what could it mean

Are you sure that's the official lore? Or did you just hear that on the reveal stream like I did? I guess we won't know until the book is out maybe. But the shields definitely have the features of the orruks carrying them, and that would not make sense at all if it were supposed to be kragnos. 

I think the whtv guys just got 1 fact mixed up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Rowe said:

I dunno. We already have a lot of cool models and, really, we didn't get hurt too bad in the points department. I'd like to see some finecast retired in favor of new plastic sculpts for some units, but other armies/factions need expansion a lot more than we do.

I would put seraphon very high on the "needs attention" list, with skaven and ogors. Their infantry doesn't even come in the right numbers (which matters to gw) and looks super dated. 

I get that some units like fyrslayers and DoK need more units... Until that happens I fear them getting rolled into books with dwarves and malerion respectively

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

I would put seraphon very high on the "needs attention" list, with skaven and ogors. Their infantry doesn't even come in the right numbers (which matters to gw) and looks super dated. 

I get that some units like fyrslayers and DoK need more units... Until that happens I fear them getting rolled into books with dwarves and malerion respectively

Fair enough. I guess I was making a distinction between "needs attention" and "needs expansion."

1 hour ago, Sowoky said:

Are you sure that's the official lore? Or did you just hear that on the reveal stream like I did? I guess we won't know until the book is out maybe. But the shields definitely have the features of the orruks carrying them, and that would not make sense at all if it were supposed to be kragnos. 

I think the whtv guys just got 1 fact mixed up. 

Yeah I think only the Murknob’s banner has Kragnos’ likeness at the top. The next plaque down represents the orruks and matches the shields. 

• Like 1

Heavy spoilers about latest WD: There is a story in the latest wd, where Grungni is watching suffering of duardin through ages.

Everyone else is fleeing to Azyrheim for the coming chaos, but main point of story is duardin are made of stronger stuff. In the end he makes Grombrindal in his forge to unite duardin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 7

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Whitefang has reacted spoken. New Seraphon expansion?

image.png.eaa87ba71adc1aa5f22d9c31567ed261.png

i mean i feel like that Plot point from BR Kragnos about the Dracnothi prince giving their last eggs to Kroak probably was hinting at something more substantial 

its a plot point that i feel should resolve it self within this edition

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

about the Kruleboyz shields, its suppose to be the face of the wielder who using it.

at least that what they said when they announce them when Dominon was previewed

At this point I'm pretty sure that the only thing meant to represent Kragnos is the face on the banner guy's.... banner since it has those cute little horns, and anything else was just the presenters getting the lore wrong or people mishearing what they said. Neither of those are uncommon.

It would make sense, too. All the little guys carry shields with their own faces on them, and the big inspiring banner has the face of the biggest dude they look up to.

People have said that the conniving, sneaky backstabbers worshiping a big, loud facestomper doesn't make sense, but it does under the context of them essentially hiding behind Kragnos and his might, using him as the big distraction Carnifex and shanking their enemies when they aren't looking.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

i mean i feel like that Plot point from BR Kragnos about the Dracnothi prince giving their last eggs to Kroak probably was hinting at something more substantial 

yeah I hope so, I know the other rumor is that Stormcast get some kind of drake unit, but keywords exist to be used multiple times so why not give Seraphon some drakes too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah I hope so, I know the other rumor is that Stormcast get some kind of drake unit, but keywords exist to be used multiple times so why not give Seraphon some drakes too

i sort of hope it lead to a vigilus style narrative event with a super Battlebox between kragnos's Rebirth Drogurkh vs Seraphon Dragon force

with some sneaky GoT references as well

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

At this point I'm pretty sure that the only thing meant to represent Kragnos is the face on the banner guy's.... banner since it has those cute little horns, and anything else was just the presenters getting the lore wrong or people mishearing what they said. Neither of those are uncommon.

It would make sense, too. All the little guys carry shields with their own faces on them, and the big inspiring banner has the face of the biggest dude they look up to.

People have said that the conniving, sneaky backstabbers worshiping a big, loud facestomper doesn't make sense, but it does under the context of them essentially hiding behind Kragnos and his might, using him as the big distraction Carnifex and shanking their enemies when they aren't looking.

Exactly. And in addition, if they use their own faces to scare their enemies, why not use the monster in the room for the same purpose.

Regarding, what is said about kruleboyz retaining their abilities (poison) even when used in big waagh, can we maybe expect to have the other clans retain some abilities too? 

So smashing and bashing for IJ and ward 6+ for bonesplitterz. 

Maybe the points system and features have changed and they reworked how big waagh work? 

4 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Heavy spoilers about latest WD: There is a story in the latest wd, where Grungni is watching suffering of duardin through ages.

Everyone else is fleeing to Azyrheim for the coming chaos, but main point of story is duardin are made of stronger stuff. In the end he makes Grombrindal in his forge to unite duardin.

If this isnt hinting at new Duardin I dont know what is!? This is incredible news!! I really hope GW compiles these stories one day, I for one would definitely pay for it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Time for the Dispossessed to become the Repossessed! 

Maybe my theory about the meaning of Grungni 'shaking up the pantheon' is more accurate than even I thought.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1