The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Didn't say they had to be right after each other , rumour was of the first 6 tomes , so why not a battle box in August /september .and one in October/ November 

Dominion is 3rd July, shouldn't be too long after we get stormcast and warclans. 

Late Aug early sep we get nurgle vs mawtribes  

Late Oct early Nov we get beast vs gloomspite 

The only thing causing doubt it that would be alot of destruction and chaos in 1 year

I don't know why so much conversation against battle boxes. Fine for new players, otherwise they rarely have great stuff, just a trap to add another big box to your pile of shame to get 1 little hero..  New armies / army refreshes is where all of my hopes and dreams go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

I think that if there will be a box with the theme of grungni rising it will probably be duardin vs skaven since they have taken over Karak Iron which was made by grungni in chamon.

I haven't read the broken realms book, but in the spear of shadows grungni had a smithy with a entrance in excelsis so that could also be a setting for the box.

This would be the perfect way to introduce a full Dispossessed Faction and relaunch Skaven. 

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I suspect we will see another preview event on the actual release day of Dominion like they did with 40k and announce the army books plus a bunch more minis and a path to glory expansion etc at that time.

Fingers crossed for this mate!! I'd love to see these beasts that the Kruelboyz are hiding.

1 hour ago, Austin said:

That is for sure a possible sign its not true.  I just don't think we can dismiss the rumors entirely yet.  Soon maybe.  

-edit for news

Also, Valrak just posted a new GK action figure.  The other action figures from 40k have been races that got new sculpts (Necrons, SoB, Primaris).  So more evidence for the AoS parts of the rumor to have a chance.  Just a chance!

I know it is a bit off-topic but it is directly related to the rumors so mods be kind plz!

1623897603010.jpg

I really really really want these rumours to be true. I'd love to see the BOC get a massive refresh in models, they're so deserving, not to mention the Mawtribes relaunch that was rumoured!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sowoky said:

I don't know why so much conversation against battle boxes. Fine for new players, otherwise they rarely have great stuff, just a trap to add another big box to your pile of shame to get 1 little hero..  New armies / army refreshes is where all of my hopes and dreams go. 

I love the battle boxes, a great way to collect a new army. My skaven, flesh eaters, Kharadron, slannesh, ogor, bonereaper and ork armies all began from the battleboxes. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Sowoky said:

i believe we are talking how sus the rumor is that the BoC/ Gloomspite listed BoC has having New Bullgors and Jabberscythe as well which go against what has happen before as you stated. the box also didn't remotely got the pricing of each side correctly or how they just randomly said Grey knights are getting new models in the next battlebox with Tsons when their new codex points have already been published in the last chapter approved book

not that we don't like new boxes just that the rumor leak content don't make sense

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I don’t want grey knights to get new stuff, just  the whole range overhauled to primaris size so they’re in keeping with their lore and what’s written in novels about them.

the thing is like Primaris they would have kept both the firstborn Grey knight in the codex and had the Primaris counterpart as the new model which is not what their codex point said

So far the rollout for AoS3 has echoed 40k very closely. The box preview for both games even ended with two ETB kits for each faction. 

I think we'll see those kits and the starter sets before we see the new battletomes. On the 40k side it was more than two months between the Indomitus and codex pre-orders. 

Gw have said the Ork box will go on pre-order in July and we still have the second half of the sisters release to go. My guess is we will see those and maybe Aeronautica in July. The starters will come in August and we will see the battletomes at the end of August or the beginning of September after more 40k Ork minis. 

• Like 1

Don't forget Indomitus was launched after 2 months solid shutdown only just after things started working after the first big lockdown. I don't think GW originally intended to leave Necrons and Marines with several months without codex after dropping brand new models in Indomitus. 

GW is in a much better position now than back then, so I'd expect the Battletomes for Stormcast and Cruelboyz to drop far sooner. There's just no good reason really to launch new models (and a new army) and then leave them without any way to play them for months. It would not surprise me if they are only 1 or 3 weeks after release of the boxed set. Perhaps giving 1 week off for 40K to get a look in, or just going straight into it. Heck GW are doing a 2 week pre-order and yet we've new models going out next weekend anyway, whereas normally GW leaves it fairly bare during a 2 week pre-order. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Don't forget Indomitus was launched after 2 months solid shutdown only just after things started working after the first big lockdown. I don't think GW originally intended to leave Necrons and Marines with several months without codex after dropping brand new models in Indomitus. 

GW is in a much better position now than back then, so I'd expect the Battletomes for Stormcast and Cruelboyz to drop far sooner. There's just no good reason really to launch new models (and a new army) and then leave them without any way to play them for months. It would not surprise me if they are only 1 or 3 weeks after release of the boxed set. Perhaps giving 1 week off for 40K to get a look in, or just going straight into it. Heck GW are doing a 2 week pre-order and yet we've new models going out next weekend anyway, whereas normally GW leaves it fairly bare during a 2 week pre-order. 

I mean they are still really behind on a lot of stuff that they promise to release soon so 

and they have yet to reveal any new things for both army or the tome covers which says they are not releasing any of it on weeks after dominion officially launches so it could still be a bit of a wait for them to happen. 

and it’s not like they can’t play the stuff in dominion without a battletome since the allegiance rule and core battalion are in the box

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW is in a much better position now than back then, so I'd expect the Battletomes for Stormcast and Cruelboyz to drop far sooner. There's just no good reason really to launch new models (and a new army) and then leave them without any way to play them for months. 

I certainly hope you're right and that makes sense, but we can definitely play with the new Stormcast and Kruelboyz, they come with the warscrolls and a couple faction abilities. It's not ideal, but you could team them up with other SCE or Orruks and play 2,000 points easily (as I think is being done by some Youtubers). So it wouldn't be a complete unplayable gap if they took awhile on the battletomes. 

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

After Indomitus launched gw had a week of just Titanicus, a week of just black library, starter boxes, then a week of Necromunda and a week of Underworlds. They could easily have condensed some of those if they wanted to get the codexes out earlier. 

The ETB kits are deliberately designed to be stopgaps until the main release and I would be very surprised if we see the battletomes before the starters and the new scenery. 

I'd love to be wrong but I expect we'll see some new models in a launch day preview, but I think it will be a minimum of 4 weeks after launch until we see the new battletomes go on pre-order.

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I believe Sylvaneth are likely to see a new book soon due to the interest they have received amongst playtesters compared to their current place in the meta.

What's this mean, exactly? Not trying to second-guess you or anything - I'm a huge Sylvaneth fan and I'm trying to soak up any and all rumors about them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

GW is in a much better position now than back then, so I'd expect the Battletomes for Stormcast and Cruelboyz to drop far sooner. There's just no good reason really to launch new models (and a new army) and then leave them without any way to play them for months.

agreed however LGSes are already reporting they won't be able to get a second wave of Dominion out until August... and that coupled with the tease to expect more Kruleboyz/Thunderstrike reinforcements after the ones already shown, these two battletomes may not be seen until August or September. Which since I'm more of a hobbyer is alright with me & if GW can get other tomes out before then they should

9 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

The 4chan rumour is most definitely a pile of Squig-droppings, mainly due to the detail (there is no way anyone high enough up to know that much would go on 4chan of all places) and the fact that it claims the Grey Knights will get “all new stuff”, which has been proven wrong by Chapter Approved.

A lot of rumours about the grey knights stuff just say that their half is new, but they’re redone kits, chapter approved hasn’t proven there is no new kits coming, I think the issue is they’re not like brand new ideas, however it’s besides the point since I don’t believe it’s going to happen! It’s one new character each side, I do think something like rise of the Phoenix could happen again though 

7 hours ago, novakai said:

the thing is like Primaris they would have kept both the firstborn Grey knight in the codex and had the Primaris counterpart as the new model which is not what their codex point said

Sorry for double post, I think the guy you were replying to just mean up scaled grey knights not primaris, kind of like how chaos Marines got upscaled, but I read it that way first too! 

5 hours ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

What's this mean, exactly? Not trying to second-guess you or anything - I'm a huge Sylvaneth fan and I'm trying to soak up any and all rumors about them!

Basically GW have a playtester team for age of sigmar who test new rules before they are released. These playtesters also tend to be involved in the competitive end of age of sigmar.

This tends to give them the ability to perceive what will be meta and what won't fairly well in advance.

If an existing faction looks like it will be strong in the new book they often start building up an army prior to release. That way they have a 2k list ready to go for release.

Several have now started to paint Sylvaneth as their next army. This indicates that Sylvaneth are likely to 1) Get a release of some sort in the next year or so 2) That their rules will be quite good.

• Like 5

On the talk about Nurgle not getting a new wave, I'd not be so sure.  We know that GW are trying to phase out all finecast/resin miniatures from their core ranges and Nurgle still has some.  We have a rumour that AoS3 is only going to introduce 2 or 3 new factions, if you combine that with how much GW actually managed to release over the last 3 years (even in the midst of a pandemic) it does leave them with a fair bit of capacity to expand each faction a bit.

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

After Indomitus launched gw had a week of just Titanicus, a week of just black library, starter boxes, then a week of Necromunda and a week of Underworlds. They could easily have condensed some of those if they wanted to get the codexes out earlier. 

I don't think we have enough information to be able to say that categorically.  It's possible that the physical books weren't ready to be released straight after Indomitus, because world-wide transport was well up the creek at that point in time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

On the talk about Nurgle not getting a new wave, I'd not be so sure.  We know that GW are trying to phase out all finecast/resin miniatures from their core ranges and Nurgle still has some.  We have a rumour that AoS3 is only going to introduce 2 or 3 new factions, if you combine that with how much GW actually managed to release over the last 3 years (even in the midst of a pandemic) it does leave them with a fair bit of capacity to expand each faction a bit.

I don't think we have enough information to be able to say that categorically.  It's possible that the physical books weren't ready to be released straight after Indomitus, because world-wide transport was well up the creek at that point in time.

And if those 3 are Kruelboyz, Chaos Duardin and Umbraneth I'll be more than happy for their fans. I'd much rather this Edition be about updating Factions or just refreshing their models.

Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon, Ogor Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar and Flesh Eater Courts players would probably be more than happy if they didnt even recieve New* minis this Edition but simply updated all the sculpts of fine cast or anything from WHFB.

*As in brand new units or heroes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

And if those 3 are Kruelboyz, Chaos Duardin and Umbraneth I'll be more than happy for their fans. I'd much rather this Edition be about updating Factions or just refreshing their models.

Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon, Ogor Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar and Flesh Eater Courts players would probably be more than happy if they didnt even recieve New* minis this Edition but simply updated all the sculpts of fine cast or anything from WHFB.

*As in brand new units or heroes.

Absolutely!  Chaos Duardin will always hold an appeal, but updated Ogors (thoroughly enjoying painting the Cursed City Ogor atm) and getting rid of the last couple of finecast Khorne models are on my wishlist 😊

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

If we're predicting release dates, and even putting aside the covid troubles surrounding Indomitus, it's worth remembering that in 8th edition GW was happy to leave Death Guard waiting three months for their codex and further releases even when they were included in the starter box (June 2017 - September 2017) while Space Marines got their codex a matter of weeks after the starter box was released.

I’ve noticed that the Warhammer Community team have posted cartoons depicting the Idoneth Deepkin twice now in the last few weeks on Instagram. Would’ve thought that was a sign that they’ll receive some love in the near future but reading the last few pages I guess that’s just wishful thinking. Happy for my Ogor peeps though!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

If we're predicting release dates, and even putting aside the covid troubles surrounding Indomitus, it's worth remembering that in 8th edition GW was happy to leave Death Guard waiting three months for their codex and further releases even when they were included in the starter box (June 2017 - September 2017) while Space Marines got their codex a matter of weeks after the starter box was released.

The Stormcast and Nighthaunt battletomes came out the week after second edition but they'd already shown off most of the new ranges at warhammerfest in May. Even the black coach was there. They only things they held off on were Lady Olynder and the Tauralon. 

The fact that we have heard hardly anything about the new ranges makes me think they aren't coming that soon. Every day I check the community site for something new and maybe today will be the day. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:If an existing faction looks like it will be strong in the new book they often start building up an army prior to release.

Any insights on what this play testing group are making of Idoneth...? A new book feels well overdue, but it seems silent on the rumour front.