The Rumour Thread

Yeah, those both look like staves. I imagine they're more Stormcast armored priests.(some kind of acolytes to Relictors to help further bust up the chaos storm to connect with Azyr)

As for the duardin, pretty sure that's just recapping them getting along as it also said the same for Khainites and Deepkin and we Know they're not getting souped.

I'm fully confident Fyreslayers are remaining their own thing. They can help the Kharadron and Grungni a lot more by expanding their fire forces than by being mashed together with an army they don't fit. I bet Grungni just makes his own third faction that can ally them together (hopefully with Gholemkin)

Spoiler-wise I am happy to see the broken ties between Melusai & Stormcasts didn't last and our favorite doctor got out of that one realm. :D

Only the Faithful!

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

Dominion box contents prediction time. 

Stormcast:

Yndrasta,

the two silhouetted heroes,

10 vindictors,

3 annihilators,

5 archers,

3 cavalry.

Kruel Boyz,

1 mounted boss,

1 wizard with cauldron,

2 more heroes

20 regular Boyz,

5 wolf riders,

3 troggoths,

6 skirmishers.

Rule book, mini battletome books, no dice. 

Same price as Indomitus for same number of minis. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Interesting narrative series which shakes up the status quo? Execution so rushed they likely scrapped an entire campaign book? The ending spoiled early?

Broken Realms 🤝 The End Times.

The main difference? The fanbase is conditioned to actually WANT narrative progression. 

I mean the other difference is that the end times had tie-in novels, some of which were alright (thank you Josh Reynolds). Broken Realms coulda used that. There's a difference between 'lore' and 'story' and not everyone  enjoys wiki summaries. 

I mean, one of them not destroying the setting completely is a pretty big difference I don't see listed here.

That and not being a re-do of the prior big campaign because the playerbase's choice didn't meet GW's expectations...

• Like 2

Dominion Size Wise

Im expecting like

10 Not-Liberators

2 lots of 3 'not elite units' 

Maybe 2-3 support heroes

Obligtary Stormcast Lieutenant

Obligitary Stormcast Captain

Stormcast Not-Captain that's probably on some redesigned monster-mount.

Like if the SCE side isn't almost a direct mirror to the Indomitus SM I'd be amazed minus a change from bikers to 'its a big boy riding a monster'.

In fact, I'll double down that the Kruel Boyz minis wise line up pretty well with the Necrons-side.

~20 base troops

~10 hobgoblins

3 'big thing'

Weird support hero

Big Squigwolf Boss

Then obligiatory 'Its a Boss and a Big Boss we will repackage in our starter sets'

I imagine Yndrasta and a Kruel Boys Equivalent get the Silent King treatment and come a bit later 

Edited by Dreddships

I understand why GW did what they did but I'm still avoiding as many spoilers as I can for BR Kragnos, I'm excited for Destruction to finally be here and I hope that continues into 3.0, if they become another footnote this Edition and the only new minis they recieve are the new 'Morruks' and an Underworlds Warband or two I'll be gargantually disappointed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I understand why GW did what they did but I'm still avoiding as many spoilers as I can for BR Kragnos, I'm excited for Destruction to finally be here and I hope that continues into 3.0, if they become another footnote this Edition and the only new minis they recieve are the new 'Morruks' and an Underworlds Warband or two I'll be gargantually disappointed.

We need that Big O energy. New Ogor minis 2021 lettttssss go.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2021 at 12:35 AM, Whitefang said:

Good news for Warclans players then

new treatment at the doorstep.

Maybe you’ve already seen part of it?

I know this is a late response, but what if the 40k beast snaggas (future or current) are multikits that have sigmar builds for warclans? Or have an upgrade sprue like tzaangors to bring them into sigmar? They did just announce an imperial guard upgrade sprue so there is recent precedent.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

We need that Big O energy. New Ogor minis 2021 lettttssss go.

Ironjawz Wave 2, Savage Orruks Wave 1, Gloomspite Spiderfang relaunch, Sons of Behemat Mega Gargant kit 2 and Mancrusher update, MAWTRIBES RELAUNCH!!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Death saw two new factions and one major rework in their time as the poster-antagonist, so I wouldn't doubt we'll be seeing a fair amount for Destruction this edition.

• Like 7

Just now, CeleFAZE said:

Death saw two new factions and one major rework in their time as the poster-antagonist, so I wouldn't doubt we'll be seeing a fair amount for Destruction this edition.

I'm hoping so!! Even if the new Morruks are the only new Faction added as long as it means all the others get updates and large Gloomspite-Lumineth sized waves!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping so!! Even if the new Morruks are the only new Faction added as long as it means all the others get updates and large Gloomspite-Lumineth sized waves!!

Well, we've had Grotbag Scuttlers name-dropped as a faction more than a couple times, so I'd be willing to bet they'll see a release eventually, and there'd be no better time than this edition for that to happen.

6 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Well, we've had Grotbag Scuttlers name-dropped as a faction more than a couple times, so I'd be willing to bet they'll see a release eventually, and there'd be no better time than this edition for that to happen.

I'm very confident that some of these rumours are the grotbag scuttlers just based on how they look to me.

So confident in fact, that I've just ordered a kharadron army to fight against them.

If I'm proved wrong I'll eat my hat and/or my kharadron.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Also very likely mate!! We need someone to battle them Sky Stunties!!

• Like 3

O_o  Soooo Gordrakk sets off with intentions of fighting a god, a god shows up and Gordy decides to work for him?...

🤔 This sounds very un "ultimate Orukk, warlord of warlords-ish".

Calling it, there will be a short explanation abour these two meeting, pony boi headbutts (its always a headbutt with destro 😅) Gordrakk into joining him. The end. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Rhinosx Cavlary seem to me to be a natural Progression to expand BCR, then again the Mournfang may have just replaced them.

They were the super heavy cavalry, so you had mournfang cavalry and then even harder rhinox.

I played against them in old fantasy, and they were brutal in their toughness - double as tough as the mournfang.

here's some images to give you an idea.  My juggernauts against them.

IMG_0963.jpg.57b4525bd7c5a76448ffaca4dca3c681.jpgIMG_0962.jpg.016a7a6bb1f60f303a8526aa92b0ae78.jpgIMG_0979.jpg.b4fd160b37089571644649d36a8139eb.jpg

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, SunStorm said:

I managed to get the few LoA units I didn't own before they went off sale, although I did miss out on the Siege Giant and Cursed Etin :(

I have some of the other AoS monster sculpts, mainly as I missed out on things like the Chaos Mammoth and saw the price go up and up on ebay. So now if I ever get round to doing Seraphon I have the dread sauron, if I do Gloomspite, I have the troll hag, etc. 

I've got two mammoths and an ettin, I love that model, and he now counts as a gargant.  My heffalumps are now warshrines.

I'd love to have got hold of the siege giant as well, that's another one that slipped through.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

I'm very confident that some of these rumours are the grotbag scuttlers just based on how they look to me.

So confident in fact, that I've just ordered a kharadron army to fight against them.

If I'm proved wrong I'll eat my hat and/or my kharadron.

Which rumours in particular?

Scuttlers might be on the way eventually but they're definitely not the release faction for the new edition.