The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Squigs are indeed likely canditates for allegianceline.

Gotta be them, surely. More likely the hoppers than the cave squigs as that just makes more sense. Only other options are behomeths and squig herders. 

1 minute ago, Iskander said:

Do we know for sure that allied units can satisfy battleline requirements? Like, that would be cool, but I hadn't read that anywhere yet.

Moonclan Grots are battle-line for all Destruction. So as long as they stick within the 'allied' portion of points it should be fine? 

The duality of death battle plan looks tailor made for beast law raiders. Their thundertusks will be hard to shift from those objects. If the stone horns didn't have to charge they'd be even better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/1/2017 at 4:28 AM, MrCharisma said:

I have this problem with the Carmine Dragon. A beautiful wizard that is meant to sit on top can't be used, even as a generic wizard on dragon. 

The older I get, the more I appreciate ForgeWorld models... and I definitely want space for them on the table. I'd love to see the Chaos Mammoth back in the table as much as Troggoths, Skin Wolves, Big Squigs, and other random goodies that just diversifies the gaming table. 

All hail Chaos Mammoth!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Where is the chaos preview? I need some Clan Skryre info.  If the Clan Skryre artifacts do not have an item that has the words "doom" and "rocket" there will be riots in the streets. 

Agreed. This little guy needs to hit the table again. 

20170806_143800.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

The most excited I have been for a new release this year:

*IGNORE* 

Just realised that the scenery kit is the vines/leaves. I was thinking of scenery as in something with a warscroll :-(

Edited by MrCharisma

Not sure if anyone else noticed but they accidentally let slip that the battle-line 'if' rules will also apply to specific general selections in some cases, not just allegiance. Should make for much more diverse armies within factions. 

e.g. it could be that Moonclan squig hoppers are battle-line, but only if you have the squig hopper boss as general. Question is, will this be Moonclan allegiance, or just relate to the general selection only? (Hopefully the latter, as that means you can go grand alliance and not limited to 400 points of allies!). 

Per the article:

"These cards aren’t just for open play and are really useful for matched play and narrative games too."

So ... Open War cards ++good for Matched Play ... carry on Citizen.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I want to do a Tomb King army, so I hope they get hit hard enough to no longer be "meta" (i.e. the competitive players start selling on eBay), but not removed the the point of #notarealarmy.

I always admire selfless people. I guess you are not ashamed of your self ?

7 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I always admire selfless people. I guess you are not ashamed of your self ?

Having an OOP army in the upper tiers is not feasible, and GW know it. The nerf is happening - no matter what you or I feel about it. Let's just hope its not quite as severe as was suggested by the previews a few month's back.

Furthermore, dropping back to a normal (i.e. not weak) power level, takes the target off the Tomb Kings' back with regards to calls for compendium exclusions in tournaments, etc. I guess such players would be far more willing to tolerate an army with limited model availability, familiarity and "officialness" if they aren't competing at the very sharpest end of the scale.

PS: In my opinion, TK's competitive feasibility has taken the limited number of models away from players who, you know, just like the Tomb Kings. Anyway, "ashamed" somehow suggests that these opinions on an online message board contributed to this situation in some way, so maybe you should wind your neck in a bit mate.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Having an OOP army in the upper tiers is not feasible, and GW know it. The nerf is happening - no matter what you or I feel about it. Let's just hope its not quite as severe as was suggested by the previews a few month's back.

Furthermore, dropping back to a normal (i.e. not weak) power level, takes the target off the Tomb Kings' back with regards to calls for compendium exclusions in tournaments, etc. I guess such players would be far more willing to tolerate an army with limited model availability, familiarity and "officialness" if they aren't competing at the very sharpest end of the scale.

PS: In my opinion, TK's competitive feasibility has taken the limited number of models away from players who, you know, just like the Tomb Kings. Anyway, "ashamed" somehow suggests that these opinions on an online message board contributed to this situation in some way, so maybe you should wind your neck in a bit mate.

Yeah right... like you are concerned about power level.

Your original post suggested to nerf TK enough so people get rid of them and you can have them for cheap.

This is what i answered to

4 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Yeah right... like you are concerned about power level.

Your original post suggested to nerf TK enough so people get rid of them and you can have them for cheap.

This is what i answered to

Sorry, I know I should mind my own business but I think you’re being a bit uncharitable in your interpretation. The original post seemed to me to have a jokey good-natured tone to it. He then elaborated on his actual concerns, and I don’t think it’s fair to claim that he’s being disingenuous or that he’s lying about his motivation. This forum is a pretty chill place so lets keep it positive.

• Like 17