The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, CarkFish said:

What really caught me about that rumour engine is the phrase:

"Erstwhile Ally"

i.e. A "former" ally ... Is this hinting at the breakup of an alliance and is this model one of those former allies?

The words don’t relate to the images. 

2 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Really.... who clarified that never being the case? ;)

Because people would have spotted a pattern if they did, and we’d be talking about the words they use as well as the image. But the wording is always vague future seeing speak about the engine itself, and not clues about what is in the picture. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

"Erstwhile Ally"

i.e. A "former" ally ... Is this hinting at the breakup of an alliance and is this model one of those former allies?

I stumbled over that one, too. But I think they are just making a joke: "Rumour engine, you are pretending to be on our side, why are you making things so hard?"

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Because people would have spotted a pattern if they did, and we’d be talking about the words they use as well as the image. But the wording is always vague future seeing speak about the engine itself, and not clues about what is in the picture. 

Your argument is non sequitur ... Past performance is no indication of future behaviour

2 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Oh god. If it’s destruction Sylvaneth I’m checking out of the starter set.

Outcasts are spite-revenants & Drycha, who are order like the rest of the Sylvaneth. Honestly, the chances that current factions switch Grand Alliances are lower than the return of Tomb Kings.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

"Erstwhile Ally"

Umbraneth? Anyone? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Oh god. If it’s destruction Sylvaneth I’m checking out of the starter set.

Makes much more sense considering the wood elf god's comments about life getting out of control and becoming a huge threat to the realms!  They did say there are hints in the broken realms stories too

Honestly I'm out if it's goblins again, Gloomspite still feels very recent all things considered

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Damosane said:

Makes much more sense considering the wood elf god's comments about life getting out of control and becoming a huge threat to the realms!  They did say there are hints in the broken realms stories too

Honestly I'm out if it's goblins again, Gloomspite still feels very recent all things considered

Same.... really do not need another greenskin faction ... destruction needs "something" ... especially if it's the focus of the 3.0 release..... just a new greenskin mob isn't doing it justice... I cant believe they'd miss the opportunity to sell a new army to people along with that man/horse mountain kragnos ..... I am perhaps just in denial sadly

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

I changed my mind, it looks way to much like this underworlds model imo. I think it's Seraphon related at least.

Seraphon.jpg

Even though I would really like replacements for Handgunners and Guards, Seraphon getting a range refresh in Skinks and Saurus would be quite welcome, and you can't flee to something like Admech for Seraphon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarkFish said:

Your argument is non sequitur ... Past performance is no indication of future behaviour

There’s been a pattern thus far though (or rather there’s been no pattern). If they break it, I’ll shut up about the words not being related to the rumour picture. But they haven’t yet. 

4 hours ago, Aleser said:

Something new here

IBR6dWhsmH88cqBC.jpg

Sometimes the rumor engines are poorly done because they show a portion of an upcoming model that has nothing to do with the majority of the figure. The lizard/gecko rumor engine image on the base of Kragnos was impossible to decipher, and regardless of how much speculation we can muster, there was no possible way we could of guessed it would belong to him. 

This, however, is potentially good example of a rumor engine pic: it gives us enough of an image to somewhat reasonably guess what it could belong to despite it's ambiguity. Also, notice that the image doesn't show any limbs, such as hands or parts of the body that can be identified; if we were to see hands within gauntlets of some kind then it would be easier to assume that this belongs to a stormcast. By contrast, if we were to see clawed or rubbished hands, then perhaps they may belong to the new rumored "evil" that's going to be debuting in the started box. 

Personally, I'm unsure; it could be a stormcast or something entirely different. My guess is that it is definitely related to AoS, and is probably going to be in the starter box that's going to be (assumingly) announced May 29th. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

Sometimes the rumor engines are poorly done because they show a portion of an upcoming model that has nothing to do with the majority of the figure. The lizard/gecko rumor engine image on the base of Kragnos was impossible to decipher, and regardless of how much speculation we can muster, there was no possible way we could of guessed it would belong to him. 

Yeah totally agree. Remember the Plume Rumor engine that was unveiled like a week before the Lumineth Reveal? I think this might be a similar situation that this rumor engine with the Head is not far off.
The Plume was not meant as a bad example, however since then I am "sceptical" about the rumor engines, because of the timeframes they can be associated with (1week to over a year) - but they are fun. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I changed my mind, it looks way to much like this underworlds model imo. I think it's Seraphon related at least.

Seraphon.jpg

in AoS/40K  they have  been using 3D assets for quite some time. I wouldn;t be surprised if those circular metallic parts were just reused assets. All models in AoS with chains share like 2 types of chain asset that is reused ad infinitum lol 

• Like 1