The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

The problem is, even if they say something, what are the odds the statement is quality enough to calm people down?

I am personally not upset at all.

However to calm down those people who are upset: Release a roadmap for the next 3 months. Let people know what they can expect (in detail, not just „new AoS“ release or some mystical new faction) in detail (new Idoneth while revealing all models)

3 hours ago, Cronotekk said:

According to rumors the game is getting worse with the new edition

-more stormcast

-smaller table (goodbye maneuvering, more big melee blob in the middle)

-charge reactions (shooting units get stronger)

Stormcast havent got a good release since almost like 2 years lol

Dont compare them to the spoiled space marines

Aos have a much better release schedule

Cries in eldar

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

However to calm down those people who are upset: Release a roadmap for the next 3 months. Let people know what they can expect (in detail, not just „new AoS“ release or some mystical new faction) in detail (new Idoneth while revealing all models)

I would love a timeline for now, the unfortunate thing about road maps though is that if they cant make those deadlines it makes people more mad than saying soon. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

How anyone can still complain about “more Stormcast” nearly six years into AoS is baffling. They are the poster army. There is *going* to be more Stormcast. 

While I wouldn't mind more Stormcast in the new edition (though I would prefer witch hunter humans!), I think the reason people complain is because they're the poster army and that leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths :) Stormcast are not at all on the same level of 'poster boy' as Spacemarines are, but I think people worry they'll become that way (justified worry or not). Personally I think AoS has only gotten better since we saw a big slow down in SCE releases - not because of fewer Stormcast, but because of more everything else.

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

What are our hopes for today's BR model? Personally Kragnos is up there for me, unless there is a certain named Gargant who may appear....? Please. 

I'm hoping for Kragnos personally - or something Destruction. I don't play them, but I really want them to have a big part of the narrative :) Chaos and Death have had their turn, so I'd like to see Destruction as the big bad

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are our hopes for today's BR model? Personally Kragnos is up there for me, unless there is a certain named Gargant who may appear....? Please. 

Wild hope- surprise me with Grungni/new dwarf model[s].

Really looking forward to seeing Kragnos but AoS is in such an interesting place anything would be good to see.

Im intrigued about the new rumoured stormcast - they sound like they with be getting the same treatment as the  Marines sword brethren - which were awesome [and I don't like marines]. 

Maybe we'll get more soulblight- new dire wolves maybe? They might Kragnos under wraps for a wee while longer .

20 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm hoping for Kragnos personally - or something Destruction. I don't play them, but I really want them to have a big part of the narrative :) Chaos and Death have had their turn, so I'd like to see Destruction as the big bad

Anything Destruction related I would enjoy. Sulphur Breath Troggoths, new Mancrusher, more Orruks, more Ogors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

How anyone can still complain about “more Stormcast” nearly six years into AoS is baffling. They are the poster army. There is *going* to be more Stormcast. 

The battletome is also one of the oldest and in dire need of an update.

I get not liking the fact that they're the posters boys though. I've skipped quite a few good box deals just because half the models were Stormcast and I don't personally know anyone who collects/plays Warhammer in my area to split the box with. I don't know much about business and I won't deny there probably needs to be a poster boy though.

Sometimes the hate for them is a bit too strong, I'll agree on that, and I'm glad GW seems to have toned down their protagonism/support a bit. If the "knight aesthetic" 3rd edition rumour is true, I hope it gets me more on board with them, as it stands I would much prefer Cities of Sigmar-style units over them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

Rumours point to the delay being due to problems at the warehouse as well as a move to the new facilities they have been building in Nottingham for a while. 

This is a big part of the reason why I don't believe the rumours about 3rd edition. I don't think even gw knows exactly what their release schedule for the next few months looks like. 

I still expect the first two weeks after they start up again to be admech and Necromunda/ Underworlds. Then we'll probably get Kragnos or Soulblight. 

It's a bummer for anyone waiting for Admech but on the AoS side a bit of a pause is probably a good idea. 

Well, I'm starting to read rumors from various sources talking about 3rd Edition on Facebook, including retailers calling it "Summer Of Sigmar". Grimdark Live, Rob the Honest Wargamer, here our fellow users Morglum and Whitefang hinting here and there.... Plus that reliable, non-anglophone "leaker" I talked about last time.

On production issues, 3rd Edition (at least the new Core book, the eventual goodies and the indomitus style boxe) would be already produced and ready to be shipped by now. As a new edition in Summer is GW big cash income of the year, I'm sure other things might be delayed and full priority given to those releases instead (on the other hand, I sincerely hope logistics issues will be resolved by June.......).

Broken Realms will be IMO fully teased by the end of April (with the Model Monday articles), so what's next but Soulblight for another Online Preview ? Like for 40k last year, we'll know by half May if something big is coming this Summer for us :D 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, I'm starting to read rumors from various sources talking about 3rd Edition on Facebook, including retailers calling it "Summer Of Sigmar". Grimdark Live, Rob the Honest Wargamer, here our fellow users Morglum and Whitefang hinting here and there.... Plus that reliable, non-anglophone "leaker" I talked about last time.

On production issues, 3rd Edition (at least the new Core book, the eventual goodies and the indomitus style boxe) would be already produced and ready to be shipped by now. As a new edition in Summer is GW big cash income of the year, I'm sure other things might be delayed and full priority given to those releases instead (on the other hand, I sincerely hope logistics issues will be resolved by June.......).

Broken Realms will be IMO fully teased by the end of April (with the Model Monday articles), so what's next but Soulblight for another Online Preview ? Like for 40k last year, we'll know by half May if something big is coming this Summer for us :D 

Summer of Sigmar has me so damn excited. With Destruction potentially being the focal antagonist who knows what may happen!?

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

My comment was relative to Cursed City. If the roadmap for that is "never" I don't have confidence that they are capable of writing a communication that is helpful. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to write something helpful, just that GW is unlikely to be capable of doing it based on how they typically communicate.

Hi all !

I think it is possible that there is no preview today. They announced yesterday that the April / May release schedule will be changed. Thus, the first Monday previews (sisters of battle bulletin and BR monday models) would be delayed throughout the week. To dilute the news and not throw everything away and nothing for the whole week. It's just a guess but it's 2pm and there's no Sister Battle Bulletin yet as last week they released it at 1pm. I cross my fingers to be wrong ! :) 

5 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Hi all !

I think it is possible that there is no preview today. They announced yesterday that the April / May release schedule will be changed. Thus, the first Monday previews (sisters of battle bulletin and BR monday models) would be delayed throughout the week. To dilute the news and not throw everything away and nothing for the whole week. It's just a guess but it's 2pm and there's no Sister Battle Bulletin yet as last week they released it at 1pm. I cross my fingers to be wrong ! :)

Fingers crossed we still get the Broken Realms Model Preview. 

• Like 1