The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm hoping this will be a blessing in disguise  - give him a much better warscroll for his much better model, but have him cost 600+ points like the other god models so he becomes much more of an investment to take.

That's my guess as well.

Absolute power & power within a certain "point range" are two different animals. Make him a good and just as costly. Problem solved (maybe >.< ).

• Like 1

KROAK!? WHAT A REVEAL!! So happy for the Seraphon players but even more so for the narrative now!! We knew Seraphon were showing up in Belakor but surely whatever happens stirs Kroak into action. 

The only question we have now is, is Kroak in BR Kragnos or BR Kroak(#5)?

What a Monday reveal they just keep getting better. Surely Kragnos will be revealed in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Additionally, hats off to GW showing the third party companies just how it’s done. 

You know it's funny you should say this because I was just thinking how this new Kroak mini hits several of the same visual notes as the Lost Kingdoms' Supreme Sorcerer. That is also a fine model, even if it doesn't leapfrog (😇) the rest of the tired old GW lizardmen range in the same way as some of their other minis.

ometeotl-supreme-sorcerer.jpg
I should say though that rings of sci-tech masonry/structures flying around a central dais/wizard is not completely original as an idea, even specifically within the lizardmen range, so really I’d be more surprised if any new slaan or Kroak didn’t have something to that effect

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

Just now, eciu said:

So Kroak getting new model and new Warscroll mean he will get a bump in power (as regular rule of GW model upgrade) ?

xD

I think kroak will get nerfed xD

Or tell me how you can make a thing that has 4 spells with +3, +12” and dispells everywhere with +2, with fnp 4++, saving on a 3+ with 17 wounds for 600 points.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

Or tell me how you can make a thing that has 4 spells with +3, +12” and dispells everywhere with +2, with fnp 4++, saving on a 3+ with 17 wounds for 600 points.

Do I look like a GW employee ?;D

Just now, Ragest said:

Wouldn't shock me if he gets nerfed in some fashion.  If I were to guess, I'd say he gets approximately 50 points more powerful, but about 200 points more expensive.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Ok. I'm calling it right now. With Kroak, Be'lakor, Soulblight, Cursed city, Lumineth, Witch Hunters,  Slaanesh and an awesome collection of Underworlds warbands, this has been the best year ever for fantasy Warhammer minis and it's still only April. 

cries in hobbit feet lelith hesperax and angry cat SoB models. But at least 40k shares the amazing Belakor model who was sculpted by somebody worth his wage and not some intern working on 40k (I am just venting sorry) 

6 minutes ago, Sception said:

Wouldn't shock me if he gets nerfed in some fashion.  If I were to guess, I'd say he gets approximately 50 points more powerful, but about 200 points more expensive.

Nope. Theyre gonna want to sell this.

Its gonna be Teclis levels of Powerful at 600. 

Get ready for it to beat an entire Tzeentch army's casting by itself

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sception said:

He will get everything has now but saving 4+ with FNP 5 (maybe in area like teclis) and with 1 less spell but innate +2 to cast/dispel.

Around Teclis price, >600pt

Oh my, that kroak is fanatstic. Always liked the character, finecast my only doubt that hold me from buying before, but...this one is amazing.

If GW keeps  bringing out models At this rate, I realy can’t resist  (CC, Soulblight, Be’lakor, kroak, all underworld warbands ghis year, the nighthaunt guy,, and BR boxes like the one for Seraphon) I going to be broke in no time. What can I sell, my house, my kidney, my wife, my soul. Oh forgot already sold the latter.

Like @chikout says, best season ever I think, and we are not even halfway.

Edited by Lowki
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, edmc78 said:

Painting video is now live. With the base, he does come in as a large model. Great to see GW getting into drybrushing so much, its done so well on this model. 

Looks like GW took down the painting guide, presumably they didn't want to dilute the Kroak hype with Be'lakor content. Kroak looks really cool, hope the rest of Seraphon line gets similar revamps.

19 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Nope. Theyre gonna want to sell this.

Its gonna be Teclis levels of Powerful at 600. 

Get ready for it to beat an entire Tzeentch army's casting by itself

This argument could be made for any model. Might I introduce you to every other model, including some new ones, that aren’t powerful at all.

Slaanesh mortals, for example. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I mean you'd expect a multi-million profit company to do better than one guy in his garage.

Ouch, but Touché!

Don’t get me wrong, props to the third party companies in filling the void GW neglect for a long time. I just quite like it when GW come out with their own IP and do a stunning job of it. Even with beautiful designs Of lost Kingdom and Last sword (and even Raging heroes) I have a bit of peeve when I see direct rip offs. 

On topic, I’m yet to see a Lord Kroak variant out there in the wilds, some Slann and wizard Frogs, but never a dead Frog.

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

This argument could be made for any model. Might I introduce you to every other model, including some new ones, that aren’t powerful at all.

Slaanesh mortals, for example. 

Not really the same. Slaanesh mortal heroes are actually quite good for their costs.

Big Centerpiece models are the go to for AoS. and Kroak already has a kick ass warscroll, any buffs on top of it is just cherry on top

2 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Not really the same. Slaanesh mortal heroes are actually quite good for their costs.

Big Centerpiece models are the go to for AoS. and Kroak already has a kick ass warscroll, any buffs on top of it is just cherry on top

Slaneesh mortal heroes are pretty bad, lrl new heroes are all meh but the loreseeker.

I imagine they didn’t want to sell those.