The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Lumineth seem to play a similar role to Stormcast in Settler's Gain. Could be that Settler's Gain is a new type of City of Sigmar, without a Stormkeep. P

Settlers Gain isn't a City of Sigmar- its sounds like it was built by the Lumineth to facilitate other races- similar to the docks areas on the Kharadron sky ports -outsiders allowed there but it is Kharadron jurisdiction, this city is a Lumineth entity and under their jurisdiction -hence no Stormcast.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Settlers Gain isn't a City of Sigmar- its sounds like it was built by the Lumineth to facilitate other races- similar to the docks areas on the Kharadron sky ports -outsiders allowed there but it is Kharadron jurisdiction, this city is a Lumineth entity and under their jurisdiction -hence no Stormcast.

I think the short story actually implies the opposite:

Whilst we’re on the subject of nomenclature, the whole issue of the city’s formal title is getting out of hand. There’s no way the bloodlines of the founders are going to call it ‘Yllurai Xhen’, let alone sign off on it. Not this side of the grave anyway. Sure, it’s not some pioneer’s port any more.

That sounds to me like the city was originally founded by humans, and then the elves moved in later. Runining the fun for everyone, as is their tradition.

• Like 9

Isn't it the same article as yesterday? it even has the 3rd march as a date.  I'm not too interested in warhammer quest so it will be a long few months of previews. They haven't even touched on the rules yet in both WHQ or their AoS scrolls, just the background so far.

7 minutes ago, silverstu said:

As far as I understand it from the context of the short story and what’s written about it in Soulbound, it’s a city founded by sigmarite humans that’s slowly been taken over by Lumineth. It originally wasn’t built by Lumineth, they came in afterwards, but have been re-arranging everything according to their standards, and it now resembles more of a Lumineth city. 

I think it’ll be one of the Cities of Sigmar in BR Teclis. Now, if you still can call it a CoS is a bit dubious, in the same way calling Har Kuron a CoS. 

Xintil, the continent where it’s located as a whole is something like you mention - a place where Lumineth “graciously allow others to settle for their benefit”. It seems, as they have become more in control of Hysh again that at least some of the Lumineth think that they have to take a more active role in making sure humans aren’t falling to Chaos and receive a “proper education” : ). 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Kronos said:

The Mourngul is gone!?

Look, Either it’s coming in plastic with Soulblight, Fw are making an AoS division, or officially me and Forgeworld are no longer on speaking terms. 

Is there a precedent for anything moving from FW to the mainline? I have never been the biggest fan of Forge World's sculpts or prices but I am sad to see many of these items go as they did add more variety to armies. I particularly think it is a shame to lose the Mourngul as it was a great alternate centre piece to Nighthaunt which are missing a large ghosty monster. 

I would really like to see GW take on a number of the FW releases especially: the Troggoth hag, Rogue Idol, and Legion of Azgor. 

Edited by Neverchosen

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Is there a precedent for anything moving from FW to the mainline?

I would really like to see GW take on a number of the FW releases especially: the Troggoth hag, Rogue Idol, and Legion of Azgor. 

There is at least some precedent for models moving back and forth between FW and mainline.

Stuff like the greater demons or verminlords had mainline models first, then got more impressive FW variants and finally had their mainline models upgraded to match forgeworld levels of bling.

I can't find any evidence of a model originating with FW and then becoming a mainline thing at a quick glance, though. Maybe in 40k? I think that this happened for some of the tanks, possibly?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

As much as I love the new WHQ  and waht we've seen from the new Undead faction but let's be honest: The new zombies are an outrageously stupid design for an AoS army. If GW is smart, they will get something else zombie-ish done for the Gravelords as people just want classic zombies in GW's new level quality.... Those might work from a background perspective/or in Quest, or even in regards to the name (gravelords) but they look awkward and like duplicates (they already look almost completely the same from the side, imagine a frontal view). The reception will be similar to beasts of Nurgle (it was BAD...but well, ****** Nurgle, smelly ****** *birdhate*), guaranteed.

I do hope the new skeletons will be released separetely.

I find that you can fit most of the blood bowl champions of death zombies on 25mm, and the skeletons can be used as wights(same for the mummies).

50 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think the short story actually implies the opposite:

That sounds to me like the city was originally founded by humans, and then the elves moved in later. Runining the fun for everyone, as is their tradition.

Look, I’m not saying The Usurper should invade Hysh...... but aren’t we all sick of the knife ears being arrogant pricks? The only good elf at the moment is either dead, or lives in the ocean(they’re just trying to survive).

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Look, I’m not saying The Usurper should invade Hysh...... but aren’t we all sick of the knife ears being arrogant pricks? The only good elf at the moment is either dead, or lives in the ocean(they’re just trying to survive).

Everyone in the mortal realms should just die, to be honest. It's not like there are significant drawbacks and we'd finally have some peace and quiet around here.

This post was made by Nagash gang.

Anyway, the Bashizzar in Nagashizzar is coming up, we will see how that shakes out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Everyone in the mortal realms should just die, to be honest. It's not like there are significant drawbacks and we'd finally have some peace and quiet around here.

This post was made by Nagash gang.

Anyway, the Bashizzar in Nagashizzar is coming up, we will see how that shakes out.

But if everyone dies, who will we rule over?

this post was made by The Settra Committee and The Eight Realms of Blood Alliance.

27 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I find that you can fit most of the blood bowl champions of death zombies on 25mm, and the skeletons can be used as wights(same for the mummies).

But who's gonna buy that many Bloodbowl sets? Ideally GW will just release zombies that don't have huge graves on their backs. It's not like I really care, I don't play Death but it would be a tremendous oversight by GW to make those things their new zombies when we see how great their new skeletons look - zombies could look just as great. As Mies van der Rohe said: Less is more.

2 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

I mean, I actually love these zombies, graves and all, so that is what I am hoping we get for the full range as well.

Though if it is easy to build them without the graves, that would give everyone what they want.

As I've stated on here multiple times, I love the new zombies, their tomb stones and clothes remind me of Hollywood Voodoo and I'm a huge fan of Hollywood voodoo.

26 minutes ago, MitGas said:

But who's gonna buy that many Bloodbowl sets? Ideally GW will just release zombies that don't have huge graves on their backs. It's not like I really care, I don't play Death but it would be a tremendous oversight by GW to make those things their new zombies when we see how great their new skeletons look - zombies could look just as great. As Mies van der Rohe said: Less is more.

I did, I was trying to convert a Tomb Kings army using the mummies as Tomb Princes and some of the skeletons as chariot drivers. The Zombies were a bonus.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 3

There were a few prominent examples of FW kits for 40k being ported over to GW plastic - the tau Piranha, the tyranid Trygon, the Baneblade and most IG superheavy tanks as well as a few other tanks and flyers, half a dozen 30k space marine kits - but none of them are terribly recent. It doesn't seem to be something they do anymore.

We do see examples of broad FW concepts getting used for new GW kits though. Thinking here of FW's original Blight Drone getting recycled as the plastic Foetid Blight-Drone. A different unit and both remain in the rules but it could be called inspiration, if you like.  Neither process ever seems to have happened with WHFB/AoS stuff.

Unfortunately, hoping for the Mourngul to find its way into an already expansive plastic Nighthaunt range when they've already previewed the new Cruciator (suggesting a Sylvaneth/Kharadon/Tzeentch/most 40k armies-style update with a battletome and a single new hero mini) is most likely going to end in disappointment.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Eh, I think the new zombies look fantastic. Furthermore, they suit the AOS "take old Fantasy and give it a new spin" ideology more than the skeletons, for better or worse, so regardless of how good of an idea that would be or how well received it would be, I wouldn't see it as an oversight but a very deliberate choice. I do think that being able to take off their graves would be ideal for more options though.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Unfortunately, hoping for the Mourngul to find its way into an already expansive plastic Nighthaunt range when they've already previewed the new Cruciator (suggesting a Sylvaneth/Kharadon/Tzeentch/most 40k armies-style update with a battletome and a single new hero mini) is most likely going to end in disappointment.

I don’t think the two types of updates are linked but I agree with the concept. Unless a new battletome is coming in 2022 or later there’s no way the Mourngul will be resurfaced this year. And since Nighthaunt is the only Death army missing from BR: Teclis, makes me think they are due a new battletome soon. If they don’t get a battletome soon there’s hope for some expansion of the set in few years, to be fair the black coach is a good centrepiece but apart from that there’s not much “monstrous” in Nighthaunt, so maybe one day we will see a model update. But not today.

13 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

Eh, I think the new zombies look fantastic. Furthermore, they suit the AOS "take old Fantasy and give it a new spin" ideology more than the skeletons, for better or worse, so regardless of how good of an idea that would be or how well received it would be, I wouldn't see it as an oversight but a very deliberate choice. I do think that being able to take off their graves would be ideal for more options though.

They look good on their own from that one particular viewpoint, sure, not disagreeing... - let's see what they look like from slighty above and from the front (they're shown more or less from a sideview here)....now imagine them as a unit of 30 in your army... they seem to be 5 different sculpts who all look kinda similar due to their pose. Then we shall see.... but they'll look around as diverse as beasts of Nurgle... More dynamic sculpts would've been better for AoS. Not questioning their looks or design for the game, just stating that I hope a real zombie kit will not just be hunched over figures with a grave stuck to them. Especially because I'd like to use new zombies for scenery!

• Like 1

To be fair, I think it's not easy to design cool zombies when you have Maggotkin and Clan Moulder filling two different "zombie" aesthetics already. I personally think they have done an excelent job, and supported by the Gravekeeper, the big ogor zombies and the corpse cart (which I find an amazing sculpt) we kind of only need a cool direwolves to have a pretty cool deadwalker range. I'm personally all-in with that part of the Gravelords, in fact I will probably make a zombie army if it's minimally viable.

My only wish out of Broken Realms Teclis is that the Maggotkin get a way to make nurglings or beasts battleline since they are among my favorite models in AOS but I have never done a Nurgle Daemon army (used to have a Nurgle mortal army) because I am not a fan of plague bearers. In book (not counting S2D or beasts) Khorne has 6 potential BL choices, Slaanesh has 6, Tzeentch has 6, but Nurgle only has 3.

Proper guttered about the Mourngul, such an amazing sculpt. 

Snagged a Dread Maw when they were going as it was my favourite sculpt out of the line. Would've done the exact same here if we were told it was going. 

Really hope we find out soon what's going on with FW, hopefully it is just clearing the way for the Old World line but who knows. 

Setlers gain sems 100% the same than har kuron

Gonna be the new city of sigmar city,with only humans and 1 of each 4 units lumineths.

Also sems the batallion box if we gonna get again boxes i think is free people for sure,my idea is something as luminark+flagellants+big swords or demigryps

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

They look good on their own from that one particular viewpoint, sure, not disagreeing... - let's see what they look like from slighty above and from the front (they're shown more or less from a sideview here)....now imagine them as a unit of 30 in your army... they seem to be 5 different sculpts who all look kinda similar due to their pose. Then we shall see.... but they'll look around as diverse as beasts of Nurgle... More dynamic sculpts would've been better for AoS. Not questioning their looks or design for the game, just stating that I hope a real zombie kit will not just be hunched over figures with a grave stuck to them. Especially because I'd like to use new zombies for scenery!

I do agree on that, I don't see these zombies being ported straight to Soulblight Gravelords, not without many additions to differentiate them. Plus admittedly the graves make them look "higher-tier" in a way, like they're supposed to be stronger than the abundant zombie chaff. I wonder if that might be a thing actually, having both weak zombies in great numbers and a few slightly more elite kinds of zombies.

I also like the impaled zombies but wouldn't like a blob of them. 

I'm sure Gravelords will have some surprises. We still dont know what these blurry fellas in the back are..

image.png.4e47d676beabde8b00774a3d0f3df637.png.16bb2e8e0a94edafb2d9332829a0ea17.png

My guess is either a unit of those zombie ogors or elite foot vamps like the one in the Underworlds warband with the two handed mace or some form of elite skellies. I'm cool with any of those. 

Also do you think Black Knights are safe as id like to get a jumpstart on my army?

Edited by Vasshpit
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Also do you think Black Knights are safe as id like to get a jumpstart on my army?

yes as they are a dual kit with hex wraiths from night haunt which are a part of multiple battalions and they are a fairly recent kit dating to the last edition of WHFB

• Thanks 1