The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, MitGas said:

That model is apparently for Necromunda. A new Aekold would be awesome though! Was my first chaos hero.... and still got him.

I don't think it is for Necromunda. They said that they'd be revealing this dude today and then "Later this week, we’ll be further quenching your thirst for new model reveals as the Enforcers examine a new threat to Necromunda in the latest instalment of the Underhive Informant", so two little previews in one week. Based on that I'd expect the Underhive Informant article to be something about the Water Guild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone here knowledgeable about the Stormcast? I don't know if I missed earlier discussion about this, but it seemed as if the shadows surrounding Be'lakor caused the souls of dead Stormcast to fizzle out, or at least prevent them from returning to Azyr being reforged.

Is that a correct interpretation of the teaser? Has Be'lakor found out a Stormcast nerf? Is Daemons returning with a bang?

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Hahaha it felt like a nice reward!  😆

Lets hope for a Broken Realms Behemat or Brodd! 😀

I'd be stunned!!

56 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Pure question of taste. Many people like good guys, many people like pretty guys. Ok by me, as long as they don’t decide to make Ogors less fat, this doesn’t take away from my faction. 😎

How do you feel about Corpse Eaters model?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Screaming for Malerion? No offence but where? I haven’t seen anyone actively begging for Malerion Aelves. Sure, they’d be cool and all, but as an “Aelf-head” (brought some deepkin and plan in getting some new Lumineth stuff when it drops) I’m fully aware that ranges like the Seraphon, Skaven, etc need some attention first 

I scream for him too! Dark elves where my first army back in third(?) Edition.

and by the way: story wise GW went from realm to realm to introduce new army’s or update army’s. We are now in hysh. Hysh and ulgu are the „twin“ realms. Furthermore they talked about the aelve gods wich malerion is! I expect them to get an army this year for sure. I think they get a new book with another part of the BR books.

Just my hope and what I realy think will happen!

16 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Anyone here knowledgeable about the Stormcast? I don't know if I missed earlier discussion about this, but it seemed as if the shadows surrounding Be'lakor caused the souls of dead Stormcast to fizzle out, or at least prevent them from returning to Azyr being reforged.

Is that a correct interpretation of the teaser? Has Be'lakor found out a Stormcast nerf? Is Daemons returning with a bang?

I kinda got the same impression but then I dismissed it as there were so many lightning bolts heading to the sky. Chaos did figure out how to stop souls returning to Azyr in BR: Morathi. Can't remember off the top of my head how they did it but I think it involved warshrines and varanite... but then that was old chaos and not this newfangled Be'lakor chaos. Who knows, is ultimately my point. 

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd be stunned!!

How do you feel about Corpse Eaters model?

Corpse Eater is more in-line with the brutish mercenary style Ogres (as opposed to the more monstrous Ogor Mawtribes style). I always liked that style, but mercenaries fit more on the fringe of GA: Order over Destruction.

If Cities of Sigmar have some Ogre mercenaries in the style of Corpse Eater, that would be a big win.

Edited by ZaelART

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the Lumineth release with the Slaanesh release.  Both are having a second wave of models not too long after the first and both are receiving a new Battletome not long after the last one.  Yet I do not see or hear much grumbling about Slaanesh, or their players, getting too much attention.  AOS has been going for five years and neither faction received much love in that time. 

Is this because people perceive the Lumineth as being too powerful, whilst poor Slaanesh is perceived as now being middle of the road and therefore not a threat? It seems to be the only significant difference.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me

I think it’s a combination of Lumineth are considered ‘too strong’ and due to an assumption of favouritism from gw that they’ll only get stronger, whereas Slaanesh were too strong and the new book seems to have toned them down.

also the hatred/rivalry between Duardin and Aelves 😛

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lare2 said:

I kinda got the same impression but then I dismissed it as there were so many lightning bolts heading to the sky. Chaos did figure out how to stop souls returning to Azyr in BR: Morathi. Can't remember off the top of my head how they did it but I think it involved warshrines and varanite... but then that was old chaos and not this newfangled Be'lakor chaos. Who knows, is ultimately my point. 

At least we'll have something to speculate on until BR: Be'lakor drops, I suppose!

16 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Malerion is dead, change my mind.

I must admit, it IS quite odd that we haven't seem him yet...is there even room for two winged, shadowy villains? I don't know if this is just GW playing 4D chess and waiting until 3rd edition to unveil him...or if they just don't know what to do with him they can't do with Morathi (morally evil aelf deity) or Be'lakor (shadowy supervillain).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Now you know two! 😎

****** that little brat I don't even have yet. 

Gw prices really are steep these days 🥁

It’s a cool silhouette, I get a Vampire vibe, but  currently have Vampire on the Brain. 

I’m going to say it’s not really for us and it’s actually some cc 40k character.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

Gw prices really are steep these days 🥁

It’s a cool silhouette, I get a Vampire vibe, but  currently have Vampire on the Brain. 

I’m going to say it’s not really for us and it’s actually some cc 40k character.

Yeah, I also think it's 40k related due to the imperial eagle... thought it was something imperial for necromunda but I've misunderstood that before.

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

At least we'll have something to speculate on until BR: Be'lakor drops, I suppose!

I must admit, it IS quite odd that we haven't seem him yet...is there even room for two winged, shadowy villains? I don't know if this is just GW playing 4D chess and waiting until 3rd edition to unveil him...or if they just don't know what to do with him they can't do with Morathi (morally evil aelf deity) or Be'lakor (shadowy supervillain).

The thing we know about Malerion is (BTW another thing that is going in my favour): he kicked Be‘lakor out of the Realm of Shadows! Couldn’t it be that Be‘lakor is trying to get his realm back?

25 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

Corpse Eater is more in-line with the brutish mercenary style Ogres (as opposed to the more monstrous Ogor Mawtribes style). I always liked that style, but mercenaries fit more on the fringe of GA: Order over Destruction.

If Cities of Sigmar have some Ogre mercenaries in the style of Corpse Eater, that would be a big win.

Personally I love him and would love to see a unit of such beasts for Mawtribes. I'm hoping they update the Gluttons eventually, right now they're very rank and file like Chaos Warriors.

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I also think it's 40k related due to the imperial eagle... thought it was something imperial for necromunda but I've misunderstood that before.

The eagle is just the WarCom logo - it has the AoS halo thingy over the top too. The Necromunda reference is to a seperate article. 

60C58793-4473-4D82-90DB-79E9FDBC73EF.jpeg

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, El Syf said:

Going back to oldhammer. High Elves had some ridiculous rules too, always strike first, fight with spears in three ranks instead of two.  I'm sure there were more but it was never a great experience to charge a High elf unit and then not fight first.

You gave me goosebumps, again

Years of therapy wasted

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

So if Drukhari codex is in pre order 20th does that mean we are going back to weekly? 

As i know we have killteam launching this week and Drukhari in two weeks, i can't see the weekly.

Wrong, drukhari is launching in 3 weeks xD

Edited by Ragest

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The eagle is just the WarCom logo - it has the AoS halo thingy over the top too. The Necromunda reference is to a seperate article. 

60C58793-4473-4D82-90DB-79E9FDBC73EF.jpeg

Ohhh, I'm an idiot. I suspected as much for a long, long time but now it's official! Thank you! xD 

13 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

To those wondering, it appears we’re NOT going back to weekly releases as they didn’t announce any preorders for this weekend but have said Dark Eldar are on the 20th

The other (worse) possibility is that nothing is going on preorder the 13th and the 20th is going to be the next time we have something up. I suspect we'll hear more later this week.

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

As i know we have killteam launching this week and Drukhari in two weeks, i can't see the weekly.

Wrong, drukhari is launching in 3 weeks xD

Yeah pre orders on the bi weekly basis should be 13th and 27th so maybe they are just taking this week off as 13th should be AOS 

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

Malerion is dead, change my mind.

My hope for the longest time was that after years in proximity to the Dark Prince Malerion was going to have had his Ego fed and slowly turned to Chaos. I was really truly hoping that Slaanesh Mortals were going to be Malerion's followers but alas I was wrong. His release is still the thing that interests this former dark elf player. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What I find interesting about this guy is that he has this sort of samurai-looking silhouette with a western sword. Lumineth have that kind of thing going on sometimes, but for some reaons this model does not look like Lumineth to me. It seems like what I assume is his sleeve is kind of tattered, which could suggest that this is a Death model. Ossiarch or Gravelords both seem like possibilities. It's hard to say what is going on with his head, though. Hair blowing in the wind? Head on fire?

I don’t think he’s an ossiarch, mostly cause it looks like he/she has hair, my money is on grave lords. Forgive me as I don’t really see the samurai ascetic(unless he’s a ronin, then totally), but we won’t know for another hour or so.

49 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My hope for the longest time was that after years in proximity to the Dark Prince Malerion was going to have had his Ego fed and slowly turned to Chaos. I was really truly hoping that Slaanesh Mortals were going to be Malerion's followers but alas I was wrong. His release is still the thing that interests this former dark elf player. 

We have a bit of lore about shadowstalkers talking about some of them got their powers by chaos (shadow daemons), we had that weird phrase in a Gotre's novel talking about Malerion as Chaos God and in first edition we got this aswell.

1488246783258.png

Maybe they, at least, thought about that as a possibility, we will see.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1