The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Jymmy said:

At first I was not convinced at all about Radukan, but the more I get used to it the more I like it. Now I have curiosity about the warscrolls and almost tempted to begin an Ulfenkarn themed army when Gravelords come out!

I’m in the same boat, they sold me on Gorslav and his dead walkers, now I wanna make an army based around Hollywood voodoo.

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Jymmy said:

At first I was not convinced at all about Radukan, but the more I get used to it the more I like it. Now I have curiosity about the warscrolls and almost tempted to begin an Ulfenkarn themed army when Gravelords come out!

Oh absolutely, definitely tempted to have an Ulfenkarn themed army. 

Load of Fenrisian Wolves and still got some Skin Wolves I could use as Vargheists or something? 

I might wait until we see the new Kislev range though before doing it. Would make a lovely force for some living thralls/soldiers. 

8 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

I’m glad he is not an ogor, as the proportions didn’t feel right (the head and the hands would have been too small in proportion to the rest of the body in that case)

That's true, the proportions were very different to the standard ogor glutton. That said, the proportions of the ulfenkarn ogor hero are bit different too (classic ogors have larger hands and heads). Since ogors are one of the two factions I "main", I'm interested in how AoS is gonna do new models. I think the majority of the Mawtribe range holds up splendidly, if they wanna change the proportions then fine. What I hope they don't move away from is gutplates.

Gutplates are the one constant in an army where every day is casual friday. That's turned up to 11 with Maneaters, which explore the idea that ogors travel around and enthusiastically embrace cultures into their own identity. That's why I was excited about a Vampire ogor, it was the natural AoSification of the maneater archetype. But every maneater still had a gutplate, the reminder of the society they came from. So while the proportions were off he does seem to have a gutplate whereas none of the Cursed City ogors, dead or alive, do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Klamm said:

That's true, the proportions were very different to the standard ogor glutton. That said, the proportions of the ulfenkarn ogor hero are bit different too (classic ogors have larger hands and heads). Since ogors are one of the two factions I "main", I'm interested in how AoS is gonna do new models. I think the majority of the Mawtribe range holds up splendidly, if they wanna change the proportions then fine. What I hope they don't move away from is gutplates.

Gutplates are the one constant in an army where every day is casual friday. That's turned up to 11 with Maneaters, which explore the idea that ogors travel around and enthusiastically embrace cultures into their own identity. That's why I was excited about a Vampire ogor, it was the natural AoSification of the maneater archetype. But every maneater still had a gutplate, the reminder of the society they came from. So while the proportions were off he does seem to have a gutplate whereas none of the Cursed City ogors, dead or alive, do. 

Hrotgar does not seem to have a gutplate, am I right about that?

27 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Hrotgar does not seem to have a gutplate, am I right about that?

I think that the ogor hero is a reference to the oldest ogres of fantasy, before the introduction of the mongolian aesthetic and the gutplates, so probably him having no gutplate is a deliberate choice.

I'd prefer plastic Yhetees before plastic Gorgers (and really I'd rather see new AoS rooted ogor kits instead of either) but hey, I'll take whatever.

But stuff drops in and out of stock pretty frequently, I wouldn't read much into it, I doubt it heralds the arrival of Broken Realms: Greasus or anything.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Deepkin said:

Huh. Sounds like a thriller of a scenario.

Nah it was proper good.

As kemler you basically had a trade off between casting spells and keeping yourself alive.  Wizards had a pool of spell points to draw from back then, and you used those points to add to a casting roll to get a spell off. 

In his case, he had to decide whether to cast a spell or lose health.

The Villagers and the mines in the scenario was your typical heroic standoff where the undead army were fighting an opposing force made up of named characters or champions at the least.

The thing that made it really good was that the scenario box included all the scenery and tiles you needed to play it, complete with counters etc. Yes cardboard but it was a start.

There were several done a the time:

McDeath Set in East Albion

Bloodbath and Orcs Drift 

Vengeance of the Lichmaster with the skaven and a robot

I'd love to see these narrative play/campaign play scenario packs returning, outisde of world shaking storyline events and happenings, where the scenario would include the story, and all the scenery and models needed to play it, and each scenario depending on outcome would link into the next, and just maybe go towards fleshing out the mortal realms that little bit more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

What's this about a Robot?! I need to know more

lol, here's both Scenario's it would be good to maybe rewrite them for AoS and park them on the site.

The link takes you to them rewritten for Warhammer fantasy roleplay, but has note to revert them back to fantasy battle.

https://www.theoldsystem.com/forDownloads/Tabletops/Warhammer/Fantasy/Roleplay/1st edition/Lichemaster.pdf

The robot was a construct that was created but not animated. there's a casket with a lump of warpstone in it and if the skaven player gets to open it, it zaps the construct into life with it pretty much going for anything around it.

It all seems quaint by today's AoS standards but it was good fun.

Vengence of the lichmaster.pdf terror of the lichmaster.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I'd prefer plastic Yhetees before plastic Gorgers (and really I'd rather see new AoS rooted ogor kits instead of either) but hey, I'll take whatever.

But stuff drops in and out of stock pretty frequently, I wouldn't read much into it, I doubt it heralds the arrival of Broken Realms: Greasus or anything.

Why not a dual kit of both?

• Like 3