The Rumour Thread

I think only TS and DG are listed under "faction" because they are the only chaos ones that recently had a proper update (Wrath of Magnus and DG incoming with the new edition). Which leads to think that Khorne and Slaanesh will probably have an update later on. I bet that for Slaanesh it will be along the AoS release as many kits can be used in both games.
A chaos release in 40k is always relevant for warhammer too because of daemons. I expect to see some new Nurgle (Beast?) for AoS soon!

I thought just as much, hopefully Slannesh will be inbound for later this year.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

The constant rule updates mean that people are always having to buy new models to adjust to the meta and so the game promotes unpainted or poorly painted models. I'm not saying there aren't amazing 40k painters out there, but the average painting level of AoS is much higher, and the chances of playing a "totally gray army" at a local game is much more likely with 40k. 

With formats such as Shadow War Armageddon and Kill Teams I think GW made big step towards encouraging people to paint.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea when the GH2 is gonna drop. Hoping seraphon get a points reduction before my next tournament 

Honestly... while a points reduction for them would be good, I'd rather hope for a new Battletome with the Tzeentch book format treatment.

Why go for the apple when you can lay claim to the whole orchard. ;-)

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I think we'll get a full slate of releases for aos alongside the 40k stuff, were currently sitting comfortably on a new book per month this year.

And to recap, we have rumour engine pics of scourge privateers/shadowkin, daemons of nurgle, a random tombstone that could indicate deathrattle (maybe with some TK stuff in #wishfulthinking) and of course that rat tail!

Exciting times!

where is that pic? cant find it anywhere

9 hours ago, Lord Cedric said:

Honestly... while a points reduction for them would be good, I'd rather hope for a new Battletome with the Tzeentch book format treatment.

Why go for the apple when you can lay claim to the whole orchard. ;-)

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A new battletome would be fantastic but cant see it happening. So many other armies need a battletome.

19 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

thryve also said 30k players will still stay on 7th but I'm sure that once a conversion book comes out be it free or paid tHe community will migrate naturally to it out of choices because they have nothing to lose. It's the way 8th should have transited to AoS.

I think we're more likely to get a "black book" version of 7th edition rules specifically for 30k.  Although Alan Bligh has said that HH is an expansion for the 40k ruleset, there was rumour for a bespoke set of rules and the HH community have sunk a significant amount of cash into the existing 7 black books (we're talking around £500 if you've got them all, which many have).

As a random aside, my own prediction is that we may see a "tweak" to the AoS rules once the new 40k rules have been out a year or so.  I think most of us will admit that we've had a big leaning towards ranged armies recently and I think we'll see the 40k rules using a system more focused on ranged attacks which could work well in AoS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

As a random aside, my own prediction is that we may see a "tweak" to the AoS rules once the new 40k rules have been out a year or so.  I think most of us will admit that we've had a big leaning towards ranged armies recently and I think we'll see the 40k rules using a system more focused on ranged attacks which could work well in AoS.

You may be on to something there, but armies like Bloodbound will always hold that back a bit.

Also the bespoke rules for 40K was from GW so count on that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Did you noticed that the Core Rules™ of AOS where noticeably absent from the Kharadon Overlord Book? Two answer : save a few bucks with printings OR a rewrite of some parts of the rules.

Answer 3 - They wanted to squeeze in 4 more pages of rules/background without increasing the page count by 8 (and cost)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Did you noticed that the Core Rules™ of AOS where noticeably absent from the Kharadon Overlord Book? Two answer : save a few bucks with printings OR a rewrite of some parts of the rules.

Then my battletome must have had an error because they are in the tome! Pages 146-149 (or was it 145-148? Dunno, but I've seen them in the battletome.

4 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Then my battletome must have had an error because they are in the tome! Pages 146-149 (or was it 145-148? Dunno, but I've seen them in the battletome.

They are in the digital version not the printed version.

New info hot off the press.  Looks like we have some interesting preorders this week:

•  40th anniversary White Dwarf (new model) $30
  • Arkanaut Ironclad $115
  • Brokkk Grungsson $40)
  • Aetheric Navigator $25 
  • Shadow Wars terrain (w/2 buildings, $75, another w/2 buildings $60) as well as Sector Mechanics base set with various sizes ($35)

Looks like we'll have a 4th week of KO releases.

Ok here's a big one.

The new 40K will have two points systems.  A power level type points for narrative and a more granular points for matched play.

The indicated the 'power level' system is a lot like AoS meaning you're not paying for unit options.  This seems to indicate to me a possibility for more granular points in AoS for the future.

• Like 1