The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Sons are confirmed Destruction faction. I hoped them to be at least available for both destruction and chaos (eventually with some personalization/kitbash)

I'm so glad that they're Destruction only, Chaos has enough Factions.

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Well they more or less confirmed at least another kit's coming on account of the Aleguzzler's referring explicitly to the 'old' Giant kit and the new kits will be based on what's on the trailer.

It's either going to be 1 kit with 3 build options with the Kraken Eater, War Stomper and Gate Breaker or 3 all new kits!!

12 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m guessing the Kraken-Eater will incorporate that barnacled ship teased ages ago in the Rumour Engine 🤓

My first thought exactly!!

5 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Certainly sounds like we are getting bigger gargant models..."...– judging by his size, we’re terrified to see just what his larger children look like. "

Heres hoping they stare Archaon in his eyes!!

Just now, Dirtnaps said:

So there's going to be another preview in 2 weeks or so huh, I hate that they're drip feeding us stuff but at least there is more. Hopefully they'll show us some gargant models next time.

I love that they're still doing the Previews  and admitted this is only half the Adepticon Preview.

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Told ya it was a lightened reveal....unfortunately but understandably...

Yeah, if  no one know when GW will be back with production then it's expected they won't show everything now and then nothing for Sigmar's alone knows how many months longer.

Edited by michu

I really like direction they took with box set. I wasn't sold with Lumineth but this box might change my mind if the price is right. Expect more than just combined prices of start collecting, battletome and accessories. 

As for the Giants... I don't like where they mention sth like "even some new giants". The right ratio is 90% new models, 10% old. They sound exactly opposite. 

Edited by Aryann

Enjoyed the preview? Thirsty for more? Well, good news: we have another Warhammer Preview in the chamber for you – mark your calendar for the 18th of April and prepare for even more awesome. We’ll see you there!”

Stormcast new chamber? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, armisael said:

Enjoyed the preview? Thirsty for more? Well, good news: we have another Warhammer Preview in the chamber for you – mark your calendar for the 18th of April and prepare for even more awesome. We’ll see you there!”

Stormcast new chamber? lol

That's exactly what I was thinking 😆

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Told ya it was a lightened reveal....unfortunately but understandably...

They revealed 7 things today and what they've revealed over the past 2 weeks is half of what they were going to show at adepticon. 

I'll say they are doing well and I like the weekly format (forgiving easter next week).

• Like 2

Thoughts on the preview:

Lumineth Box: Looks fantastic but I must resist having just bought into their Souless Sea cousins. I will say that it was disapointing to have a portion of the reveal spent on models that I have already seen but the associated artwork is fantastic.

Horus Heresy: Look neat but I have little frame of reference so they look like angry red Space Marines.

Blood Bowl: Again no context, but I hope to encounter these tree dudes as proxies in some Sylvaneth armies.

LOTR: Man I love those rangers and the Quest of the Ringbearer sounds cool but I keep promising myself to resist.

Angels of Death: It looks really cool but when it wasn't Battlefleet Gothic I was immediately saddened

Sons of Behemat: Finally! I was disappointed by the lack of models but that one image of a giant using a tower as a weapon makes me very excited for this range.

Psychic Awakening Pariah: Sounds cool and has some of the more interesting 40k armies attached to it. I love the new character models and look forward to hearing about the expansion.

Overall: I think this week had bigger news but was less impact for me personally. This comes from the fact that many of the reveals were not tied directly to new models but simply cool animation clips and campaign books. I am glad that they said there is more to be revealed as I am hankering for new whilst being bored stiff during this period of isolation.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Not sure if that blurred pic in the intro is concept art or a sneaky glimpse, I mean either way it will translate int9 models. Very excited for this release. I love Giants so this release may be expensive.

C140989D-3DA3-48A1-BAA0-AEBE93FBC4B3.jpeg

8AB55D44-FEE3-43B6-A74F-79B3E5F16137.jpeg

02D4CE35-47D2-4C05-B75F-3513BBBA375B.jpeg

E9B3F538-ABA6-415C-A465-6CA2CE6B023C.jpeg

8DCDB9DE-B777-461F-86A6-7DB8E775F0DD.jpeg

These images are all definitely the Sons. The ship is definitely the Kraken Eater. I hope we get a model tease at the next Preview as the Sons of Behemat are my dream army. I'm so ****** happy they were announced and announced for Destruction nonetheless.

I can't say I am hyped, but it isn't GWs fault that they can't show more. Hopefully in a couple of months when everything is more or less stabilized in the world GW can start with a bang.

Edit: It seems that those giants will be huge!

Edited by Tonhel

8 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Not sure if that blurred pic in the intro is concept art or a sneaky glimpse, I mean either way it will translate int9 models. Very excited for this release. I love Giants so this release may be expensive.

Still looks like concept art, but given the names fit the AoS style I'd say that's definitely going to translate into models and warscrolls. Kraken-eater is a really good name, and Gate-breaker's not bad either. I like that he seems to be actually wearing  a portcullis as a loincloth. Definitely clears up a lot of those mystery Rumour Engines.

I'm mostly just happy because I know how much @KingBrodd wanted this news and their enthusiasm is infectious. :)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Kadeton said:

Still looks like concept art, but given the names fit the AoS style I'd say that's definitely going to translate into models and warscrolls. Kraken-eater is a really good name, and Gate-breaker's not bad either. I like that he seems to be actually wearing  a portcullis as a loincloth. Definitely clears up a lot of those mystery Rumour Engines.

I'm mostly just happy because I know how much @KingBrodd wanted this news and their enthusiasm is infectious. :)

What's more, those names really sound like from fairy tales.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Mate thank you so much for the support, I'm over the moon with the announcement today and having other Members such as yourself happy for my excitement and joy makes it all the more sweeter. Thanks again mate I truly appreciate it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I really wish they told us BEFORE this preview that they had decided to split the adepticon previews into even more pieces and that today's preview would only get us about halfway through the planned adepticon previews.  Was kind of lame to get the news after excitedly waiting for what we were told was going to be the "biggest Warhammer preview ever" that "we'll be back in 2 weeks with the rest!"

• Like 2