The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Riavan said:

So are the last few stormcast models going to be up for pre order this weekend or is that going to be the week after. I figured it might be next month so they can put them in white dwarf.

They're already in the WD.  They should be up this weekend.  Then I assume the 3rd 40K book and then whatever AoS release after that (Duardin!  :x)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

They're already in the WD.  They should be up this weekend.  Then I assume the 3rd 40K book and then whatever AoS release after that (Duardin!  :x)

Yeah there were pictures of them but they had no info box, price or etc like the other units.

16 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Are you being silly or trying to give me a heart attack?

Slaves to Darkness Slambo: Exalted Hero: $25

now with the price, I know its from BOLS, but still it confirms products existence ;)

This release is out of nowhere it seems...

Slambo's a rad name but yeah, out of nowhere. Isn't he a bit of an End Times meme character in certain online circles though? Might be a response from an increasingly aware GW or someone's being gently wound up...

Never noticed but it's pretty apparent that this dude (an old enough model himself) is a remake of Slambo. The helm, the axes, the cuirass, the rondels.

99800201036_ExhaltedHeroOfChaos01.jpg.6e44ea424db9a4214afd7539c3df263a.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

10 would be insane considering they're "monstrous infantry".  It makes me question the rumor a little since I can't see 10 of them being in play at once unless this is some serious hack and slash.

I know yes. But on the other hand they do have a variety of weapons- could have different attacks based on weapons - two hand weapons, hand weapon and shield, double handed scythe etc.

1 hour ago, daedalus81 said:

10 would be insane considering they're "monstrous infantry".  It makes me question the rumor a little since I can't see 10 of them being in play at once unless this is some serious hack and slash.

I'm already questioning the leak.  The absence of actual boss models suggests to me that the leak is either fake, or it in fact is an expansion for Silver Tower and not a true standalone (since it may require some miniatures from Silver Tower).  While they could make boss monsters out of champ models for those units, this seems doubtful to me.  This weird collection of minis (which are basically all derived from the box art) plus all the typos actually suggests to me that we're dealing with a fake.  But we'll know pretty soon either way.

• Like 2

I think a lot of people question it because it doesn't meet their expectations... but, will GW meet our expectations?! I see a lot of reports flat out say, no new models. As much as I wish there would be, this is a rush release. Hell, they could have put Slambo in here as a boss character? Maybe they have...

1487102018957.jpg.557b795d2f7fcd6d79f24bf5f250d8f1.jpg

Vanguard Hunters are Battleline under a Lord-Aquilor is general under Stormcast allegiance.

1487102414050.jpg.938e5a46b99e8fed1ed10b671baa06de.jpg

Vanguard-Palladors.
Each model either carries a axe or a javelin and all of them parry pistols. The Prime also carries a Lunar Blade in addition to the other weapons.

Aetherstrike:
Beak and Claws to-wound rolls of a 6 cause a Mortal Wound instead of normal damage.

Lunar Blade:
Pick a unit within 1" of the Prime and roll a die. On a 2+ that unit suffers a Mortal Wound.

Ride the Aetherwinds:
Pick a direction instead of moving and roll 6d6. The unit can move up to that distance in that direction as if it could fly. Must end that move at least 3" from enemy models. Can't run or charge afterwards (but can shoot).

1487102917285.jpg.60bdb1ecfbd19d77fa86774bfe347a82.jpg

>Raptors with Longstrike Crossbow
Prime gets a Aetherwing.

Longstrike:
+6" range on the crossbow when not moving.

Headshot:
Longstrike Crossbow to-hit rolls of a 6 cause two Mortal Wounds instead of normal damage.

Warning Cry:
When an enemy unit end its charge within 1" of a unit of Raptors with Aetherwing, roll a d6 for each model in the unit. For each 6 the enemy unit suffers two Mortal Wounds.

>Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows
Prime hits on 3+.

Rapid Fire:
Add 3 to the Attack value of the Hurricane Crossbow if this unit didn't move.

Suppressive Fire:
If an entire unit of Raptors dedicates its fire against one enemy unit, that unit must substract 2" from all charge rolls made until your next hero phase.

• Like 6

1487103308324.jpg.0ae8d11c12931c2e5312b9da94d0978d.jpg

>Aetherwings
Fly.

Flying Hunters:
May retreat and charge during the same turn.

Attentive Wardens:
At the beginning of the charge phase any friendly unit of Aetherwings within 12" of a unit of Raptors may move 2d6". They may retreat with that move, but they can't run and they can't end up further than 12" away from that unit of Raptors.

• Like 3

1487103670840.jpg.0f8a0e5eef946d8d5db50e09fba20ebf.jpg

>Lord-Aquilor
Carries every weapon listed.

Astral Compass:
Same as the ones from the Vanguard Hunters.

Ride the Aetherwinds:
Same as the Vanguard-Palladors.

Aetherstrike:
Same as the Vanguard Palladors.

Command Ability: Lord of the Azyrite Whirlwind
Pick a unit ov Vanguard-Hunters, Vanguard-Raptors, Vanguard-Palladors or Aetherwings within 24" of this model and remove both that unit and this model from the table. During your next movement phase you can bring them into play by the rules of Astral Compass.

• Like 3

1487104174317.jpg.6692781b6442526f84a7c45755cd385e.jpg

>Allegiance Abilities.
Scions of the Storm you already know. Deep Strike on a 3+, basically.

Command Traits:
>Warded by Faith
Roll a d6 for each Mortal Wound the general suffers. On a 5+, ignore it. (always useful)

>Perfect Commander:
Pick another hero in your army. That hero can use his command ability as if it was your general. (this one will be fun)

>Wise Strategist
****** d3 units after deployment. Those units can move 5" in any direction. (Okay, but doesn't scale well.)

>Tireless Crusader
General can reroll charges (infinitly inferior to Reckless)

>Unbowed Defender
General and all units within 6" may add +1 to all save rolls they make as long as they didn't charge this turn. Does not stack with the cover bonus. (...yeah, I had to reread that as well.)

>Champion of the Realms
Add +1 to the Attack value of one non-mount weapon. (does affect ranged weapons, for what it's worth)

• Like 3