The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Kurrilino said:

A faction nobody cares for a game nobody plays.

Ok @Kurrilino now you're just being obnoxiuos. Maybe you don't play WHU and don't care about Gitmob but this thread shows that there are other people here too and they are actually pretty happy about that release. 

Oh, and with Gotrek's unpopularity you really blundered...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, michu said:

Ok @Kurrilino now you're just being obnoxiuos. Maybe you don't play WHU and don't care about Gitmob but this thread shows that there are other people here too and they are actually pretty happy about that release. 

Oh, and with Gotrek's unpopularity you really blundered...

This is not about me.

Our gaming club has 40+ players who show up on a regular base. And it's not that we don't get offers. The Shop owner has 2 dedicated tables for underworld and 2 for Warcry always setup ready to play. When Warcry came out there were 5 people playing for 3-4 days and since then it's abandoned. Underworld hasn't been touched a single time but once from somebody who tried to fit an old sylvaneth tree into one of the tiles.

It's just the nature of the beast that one game will be popular and the other games will get low or no attention. And if the low attention games get some love most of the people will just say "meh"

• Haha 1

Wolf riders are cool, would be very ok with them joining the mawtribes if they intend to keep the grots alive there xD

Agreed also that not every new sculpt or faction has to be AoS'afied. The aesthetic could use a little, more traditional, fantasy footing for me!

Only issue I have really is this yoyoing of factions. Oh its gone, deleted from the store... off to legends... hey look its back! It makes me unsure when I want to get into an army. Its like GW's on and off again fling. This is why we have people railing still the tombkings are coming back xD

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

This is not about me.

Our gaming club has 40+ players who show up on a regular base. And it's not that we don't get offers. The Shop owner has 2 dedicated tables for underworld and 2 for Warcry always setup ready to play. When Warcry came out there were 5 people playing for 3-4 days and since then it's abandoned. Underworld hasn't been touched a single time but once from somebody who tried to fit an old sylvaneth tree into one of the tiles.

It's just the nature of the beast that one game will be popular and the other games will get low or no attention. And if the low attention games get some love most of the people will just say "meh"

That’s still about you, and your gaming group. Some games just don’t take off in some places. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 2

What even is "AoSifcation" Because in general it doesn't mean anything aside from "something new". 

AoS will never be "free of the Old World". It isn't a game made in design isolation; heck over half the armies in AoS are direct ports from the Old World whilst all the Gods and major characters are Old World characters. Gotrek is far more than just a Fyreslayer (in fact he's a million miles from being a Fyreslayer); he's a mighty hero of the Old World and one of their biggest characters with a lot of books and battles to his name. 

Meanwhile wolves being ridden by goblins is no more nor less fantasy and AoS than spiders being ridden by goblins. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, michu said:

@JackStreicher maybe it's meh for you. Some people are really happy (me included) that there is still chance for Gitmobs, And it shows real potential for a remake of dropped CoS units in the future. 

You interpret too much I to this.

there is no gitmob. There might be a gitmob yet in the lore, but an Underworlds Warband does not guarantee at all that a faction will be released (they‘ve „just“ been removed). And quite honestly it is getting kind of annoying that people interpret every glimpse of whatever as a returning faction.

though I have to apologize to be overly critical, the latest SM releases and the weird stretched-out & announces-and-releases of GW followed up by costly but subpar releases (that lacked quality and quality-work) have left me sore.ä and really annoyed, so far that I‘ve stopped buying their products.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

This is not about me.

The Underworld Nationals in Spain, that isn't a big country, had 100+ players this weekend... Are you saying that Underworlds is a minoritary game?

Just now, Overread said:

What even is "AoSifcation" Because in general it doesn't mean anything aside from "something new". 

Been thinking about this and I think the term has merit but in my opinion it is not just new models, but an escalation of power, a fantasy arms race of sorts, starting with the Stormcasts and Khorne factions back at the first release setting the bar for bigger, meaner, leaner models.

This is so clearly seen in the new death army, I have been saying to my gaming group for the longest time that skeleton warriors and zombies are not the soldiers of death in the long run, Nagash will get into that arms race and create something in his image to rival the stormcast, and here we go.

Same story with Ironjawz, bigger meaner orruks. The bar has gone up and while this is not always shown as the battleline being mighty warriors, it is clearly shown in the new factions increasing the fantasy relative power level. Dwarfs or Duardin are not enough, no they are flaming super berserkers on dragons or they are steampunk sky pirates now, that is AoSification of the classic dwarf fantasy. Same we are now seeing with the bonereapers which is the AoSification of the classic skeleton horde, and Deepkin/DoK redefining what an Aelf is and can be in this setting.

Some models from the old world lend themselves better into this and can be repurposed, like the former elite witch elfs, which are now the main infantry of a faction, or the former elite ardboyz now being the runts and fanboyz of the Ironjawz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

escalation of power, a fantasy arms race of sorts,

Stop right there. I guess you are a relatively new player? Because what you are describing is called the „GW power spiral“. GW has been doing this for decades, either to increase sales or due to sloppiness.

@michu Raven Guard would get a 5 in any essay because it failed to grasp the topic.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 1