The Rumour Thread

It’s going to be like Warcraft III - there will be a unique Tavern terrain piece placed in the center of the map, and your heroes can stop by and spend command points to recruit heroes.

(That wasn’t serious)

But seriously, I’d imagine the more mercantile/unscrupulous/dimwitted species will be options. Can’t see Stormcasts or Khornates selling out like that, but ogors, grots, duardin, and maybe even skaven (?!) might be bought for a price, and you don’t recruit a troggoth or gargant as much as point it at the enemy and hope for the best.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, IneptusAstartes said:

It’s going to be like Warcraft III - there will be a unique Tavern terrain piece placed in the center of the map, and your heroes can stop by and spend command points to recruit heroes.

(That wasn’t serious)

But seriously, I’d imagine the more mercantile/unscrupulous/dimwitted species will be options. Can’t see Stormcasts or Khornates selling out like that, but ogors, grots, duardin, and maybe even skaven (?!) might be bought for a price, and you don’t recruit a troggoth or gargant as much as point it at the enemy and hope for the best.

Yes definitely skaven, just be sure to keep a shield behind your back, you might need it🥴

Just thinking out loud, but since Slaanesh and Gloomspite are basically AoS releases (yes yes I know the models for Slaanesh count for both games, but with the Tome GW has made it very much an AoS focused release); and taking into account what they've shown in the preview this weekend I think

1) Next weeks pre-order will be 40K focused. They didn't hint anything at the new Sylvanath Battletome, if that were coming that soon I think they'd have said something. So I figure we'll see perhaps more of that Chaos Knight and suchlike.

2) Week after next  Sylvanath preorder. 

That gives a 40K week inbetewen some AoS stuff. 

Just now, xking said:

So according to someone who has the Slaanesh battletome. 

The normal Aelves in AoS are the descendants of the surviving Elves from the World that Was. They used magics to slip through the dimensions to escape the doom of the world or have fought their way through the Realm of Chaos. All of them ultimately found their way to the Mortal Realms but a fraction of them made it. Before Sigmar arrived, they hid themselves from the other races and repopulated.

It  also confirms that the Aelven Pantheon now is made from mortal Elven heroes and villains from World-That-Was that ascended to godhood.

The new souls taken from the imprisoned Slaanesh are half digested and damaged by their ordeal. This resulted in the Aelven races of dark and light that emerged from the process to be corrupted in form and spirit. Forever carrying the mark of Slaanesh's victory forevermore.

Much of this we already knew from the other books such as the main rule book and the Daughters of Khaine book. Also its important to note that whilst Aelves were super rare at the start of the Mythic Age; they have repopulated since and are likely far from their broken and fallen state come the end of the Mythic Age. After the Chaos Age they are likely in about as good a shape as humans and dwarves. Heck the Shadow Realm is basically full of Aelves. 

That said what's interesting is that GW doesn't mention angelic Aelves. Instead they talk about how the "Teclis begins to gather armies of his own. He amasses the martial orders of the Realm of Light, and invokes ancient packs with the spirits of Hysh to bolster his gleaming warhosts for the new era of conflict to come. "

This is pretty short, like most hints we've had at the lightaelves. However it suggests that a united Aelven army is a VERY likely thing now. It also doesn't turn away from the idea of more angelic aelf models, but like the melusai and khinerai of DoK, suggests that they will be few in number. This might mean that his army is going to be large than DoK in diversity but greatly drawn from the old Aelf lines.

• Like 1

Just now, Overread said:

Just thinking out loud, but since Slaanesh and Gloomspite are basically AoS releases (yes yes I know the models for Slaanesh count for both games, but with the Tome GW has made it very much an AoS focused release); and taking into account what they've shown in the preview this weekend I think

1) Next weeks pre-order will be 40K focused. They didn't hint anything at the new Sylvanath Battletome, if that were coming that soon I think they'd have said something. So I figure we'll see perhaps more of that Chaos Knight and suchlike.

That would suit me down to the ground. I get bit annoyed with these piece meal battletome releases, where I'm preordering the first bits only to order the other bits the following week having still not received the original weeks items. I know that looncurse isn't strictly part of the battletome release/Sylvaneth, but as they are the two main armies played in our house I'd been silly not to order it. I'd just like for that to arrive before I have to place another order.

There is no real reason for it, I just find it annoying and have to keep track off all my orders whats due/whats not going to arrive for ages. Throw in things like made to order and I've ended up with several delivers all at different points of the process and had to keep track of what each one is doing, espcailly since they are prone to going missing. This is more down to UPS being jerks, but GW don't make it easy.

5 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Interesting. That sounds like a way to tone down the realm rules of Ghur, which at the moment is rather extreme (and expensive).

Eh...as long as you're forced to buy, build, paint, and transport extra models, rules like these won't see any traction outside of narrative/open.

And that's even ignoring the fact that, in practice, it just ends up with one army randomly getting an extra free 200+ points added to their force for no freaking reason.

2 hours ago, Overread said:

It  also confirms that the Aelven Pantheon now is made from mortal Elven heroes and villains from World-That-Was that ascended to godhood.

Hold on, do you mean there are other Aelven gods or just Big four? Haven't read the book yet

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Or, they didn’t show the Sylvaneth tome because we’ll see it tomorrow anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Hold on, do you mean there are other Aelven gods or just Big four? Haven't read the book yet

Well, we do know that Kurnous exist in the realm and some of the Sylvaneath worship him.

speculation is that he is Orion reborn

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well, we do know that Kurnous exist in the realm and some of the Sylvaneath worship him.

speculation is that he is Orion reborn

Kurnoth, not Kurnous. Kurnous was the WFB elf god of the hunt (and 40k eldar god) that Orion was the avatar of. Kurnoth is the new Sylvaneth guy.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Best Ads EVER! 

Though Duncan is now a Spaniel! 

I want to love their advertising videos, as they are hilarious, but they are using other peoples IPs to sell their products. Which really wouldn't be an issue, especially as this probably falls under fair use, but this is the same company that not so long ago tried to shut down anyone using anything close to their own IP.

Even as recently as this year- just over a month ago they forced a small wargames company to change their name as it was 'too similar' too the name warhammer and they are in the same area of business. Not even selling IP infringing products, just the name that was similar. ('war banner' if you want to read about it online)

'New' games workshop is still very much 'old' games workshop in disguise.

But aside from that- I do still only hope that this is just an addition(s) to the paint range and not a complete rework. The range is damn good as it is right now, and though the recent price rise has pushed it a little too high for my liking, it's still a very easy and convenient range to use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Best Ads EVER! 

Though Duncan is now a Spaniel! 

It seems to suggest that it is all about contrast again, maybe even the name of the product is something like Citadel Contast paint? Might be just used because it fitted the conan parody so well though. 

1 hour ago, RexHavoc said:

I want to love their advertising videos, as they are hilarious, but they are using other peoples IPs to sell their products. Which really wouldn't be an issue, especially as this probably falls under fair use, but this is the same company that not so long ago tried to shut down anyone using anything close to their own IP.

Even as recently as this year- just over a month ago they forced a small wargames company to change their name as it was 'too similar' too the name warhammer and they are in the same area of business. Not even selling IP infringing products, just the name that was similar. ('war banner' if you want to read about it online)

But aside from that- I do still only hope that this is just an addition(s) to the paint range and not a complete rework. The range is damn good as it is right now, and though the recent price rise has pushed it a little too high for my liking, it's still a very easy and convenient range to use.

Whatever one may think about Games Workshop and the way they run their business, I don't think you can compare using a parody on some classic movies in your advertisements, with using another company's (competitor) ideas to make your own sculpts  and sell them to the same audiance and market. Not saying that is what happened, but at least that is what GW says it wanted to prevent from happening at that time, I think 

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

7 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Or it could be a new movie introducing Duncan as the main character😀

😂,  who needs paints?!....I put all my hopes on that to happen, lol!

I Guess that means we will see the next big announcement soon at Cannes, instead of Warhammer Fest

Edited by Lowki

You need to keep in mind that they are forced to do this. What a lot of people seem to forget is the fact that the copyright law works this way. If they don't shut them down (I don't know the story in this case) but if they don't defend their IP they loose it and can't defend themself if another company just steals the sculps. Also keep in mind they leave user-created content and parodies up and don't force them to delete the videos ecc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bought the Mortal Gods starterset and love it, but I also think GW was 100 % correct to ask them to change the name. Warbanner is way to close to Warhammer. When Andy announced the name Warbanner I think he wrote something about Warhammer and the item Warbanner and the good memories of it. So it was clearly inspired by it. Than they changed the name to Dark Peak and again they were asked to change it as there already was company that is named Dark Peak. :-O. Anyway now it's just Footsore which already had a very strong reputation.

Anyway GW is rocking it and that for more than 2 years on a row!

14 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Whatever one may think about Games Workshop and the way they run their business, I don't think you can compare using a parody on some classic movies in your advertisements, with using another company's (competitor) ideas to make your own sculpts  and sell them to the same audiance and market. Not saying that is what happened, but at least that is what GW says it wanted to prevent from happening at that time, I think 

Just now, Hideaki said:

You need to keep in mind that they are forced to do this. What a lot of people seem to forget is the fact that the copyright law works this way. If they don't shut them down (I don't know the story in this case) but if they don't defend their IP they loose it and can't defend themself if another company just steals the sculps. Also keep in mind they leave user-created content and parodies up and don't force them to delete the videos ecc.

Nothing to do with sculpts though. This is simple because the name is similar. Warhammer/War banner. And that both are wargames related products. This isn't about someone sculpting something that matches GW ip or someone making 3d prints of GW products. The names simply sound similar. This is the link to read to find out about it more, https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/pages/changes-to-company-name

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

I bought the Mortal Gods starterset and love it, but I also think GW was 100 % correct to ask them to change the name. Warbanner is way to close to Warhammer. When Andy announced the name Warbanner I think he wrote something about Warhammer and the item Warbanner and the good memories of it. So it was clearly inspired by it. Than they changed the name to Dark Peak and again they were asked to change it as there already was company that is named Dark Peak. :-O. Anyway now it's just Footsore which already had a very strong reputation. 

Anyway GW is rocking it and that for more than 2 years on a row!

Doesn't make it decent. GW put out great product, but people are deluding themselves if they think that this is acceptable behaviour. If this was some big oil company or Conglomerate, people would be up in arms over bully tactics, but because GW have 'connected' through social media and put out a few amusing adverts, people are over looking they are the same exact company there were five years, when they did exactly have a good reputation.

A modern company so much in the limelight of their fan base should strive for great product and great values.

I wont post any more about this, as it's getting way off topic (which is my bad) but I still don't think GW should be rewarded for using other IP to promote their products when they stamp so hard on others. It's bad form.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Nothing to do with sculpts though. This is simple because the name is similar. Warhammer/War banner. And that both are wargames related products. This isn't about someone sculpting something that matches GW ip or someone making 3d prints of GW products. The names simply sound similar. This is the link to read to find out about it more, https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/pages/changes-to-company-name

Doesn't make it decent. GW put out great product, but people are deluding themselves if they think that this is acceptable behaviour. If this was some big oil company or Conglomerate, people would be up in arms over bully tactics, but because GW have 'connected' through social media and put out a few amusing adverts, people are over looking they are the same exact company there were five years, when they did exactly have a good reputation.

A modern company so much in the limelight of their fan base should strive for great product and great values.

I wont post any more about this, as it's getting way off topic (which is my bad) but I still don't think GW should be rewarded for using other IP to promote their products when they stamp so hard on others. It's bad form.

From what I saw, they had connections with people at WarBanner, and asked them to change the name, which they agreed to without issue. 

• Like 1