AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Literally selling my entire Slaanesh force after 4 years of collecting the models. I would say how I really feel but I would be banned.

4 points nefs in a row. 11 Blissbarb Archers are 180 but 10 Sentinels are 150?

What an absolute joke. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Y-I-K-E-S

I would argue to never pay points for any Slaanesh daemons now, go mortals only. The daemons are way too expensive (140 points for 10 daemonettes? 255 for the contorted epitome post nerf?) to buy, only summon them in.

Just now, Schauer said:

Basically have to really plan around generating as much depravity as possible. 

One less KoS than normal and hope you can summon the one you took out in T2/3

I only took 1 as it stood because Gluttos and Seekers along with Cavalcade tricks were the literal only way any unit in the game didn't mulch us on sight, which we now no longer have but still have to take the points increase on anyway!

Yeah no stepping away from the internet for the day. Angry. To anyone who likes being stomped on, Symbaresh Twinsouls are the only way forward from what I see. 

Which I own 0 of.

Have fun folks enjoy your gorgeous models I am gonna go be a sulking manchild for the next... ever.

• Sad 2

Shooting and endless spells get buffed in 3.0, every wizard (I asuume this includes every unit champ for LRL) gets Shield, Bolt and a lore spell for free, somehow Slaanesh gets higher price hikes than Lumineth. Blissbarb getting double the price increase than Sentinels is specially funny. 

• Like 3

I'm just going to say it, there is someone on the design team who hates the faction, maybe they got beaten too much or something, but what I'm seeing right now is something similar to what happened to the Tomb Kings army book when it came out. There is no way they could be that tone deaf and decided those points were okay. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4

Bit of a shame my HoS army is currently 90% daemons😅

I quite liked my daemonette heavy army, i was quite looking forward to throwing the newborn in with them but this a little dissapointing when it comes to starting the edition.

I've taken some time to process and collect my thoughts on this. There's a forlorn hope that the survey came after this was finalized for printing, and too late for our feedback to be incorporated. I won't hold my breath for an FAQ update, but maybe next year's points won't be so oppressive.

For now things are looking kind of dark, but I'm committed to making a good show of it at tournaments, and I'll report back on how things go. A handicap like this will force me to become a better player, and every victory I can scrape out will be that much sweeter for sure.

I don't blame any of you who decide to bow out of the game for now, or indefinitely. However, as a community we've persevered in the face of overwhelming nerfs, and once even the threat of potentially being removed from the game entirely. We'll get through this, as we always have.

• Like 1