Carrion Empire Gone Already?

Sleboda

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they just underestimated how popular Carrion Empire would be. 

With the FEC and the skaven now being apparently top tier armies, I'd expect there to be a difficulty initially in obtaining proper models.  Had these two factions not been given tournament level lists the way they had been, it likely wouldn't have been as popular, but with both of these forces capable of having some powerful lists that should be sitting on par with the current meta, this does not shock me.

5 hours ago, Overread said:

Do you paint dip? I've heard its a good method for painting lots of tyranids and I'm sure there's a few methods out there for paint dipping skaven to get through a bulk of clan rats. 

Dipping is one of the Three Great Evils of the Hobby.

IMO.

🙂

2 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

Only 9 left on Element, either you guys are panic buying or some scalper got wind of the shortage.

Or it’s a great product for two armies and they need to fire whoever in marketing undersold what the box would do.

ETA: I’m just salty because I didn’t get to pick it up.

6 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

Or it’s a great product for two armies and they need to fire whoever in marketing undersold what the box would do.

ETA: I’m just salty because I didn’t get to pick it up.

There's quite a few at a decent price on ebay if you just want the model content. The book is likely going to be fairly easy to pick up too if you want it. 

24 minutes ago, MightyMetro said:

Go on then, don’t leave us in suspense ~~ What’s 2 and 3?

NMM and Counts-as.

There are other Evils in other areas (like using the wrong words for things), but in terms of the actual hobby part of this ... hobby ... those are my Three Great Evils.

Really hoping my online retailer didnt ****** me over. Placed the order per website instructions and yet I don’t have confirmation that it has shipped or even arrived at their warehouse. Anyone on here order from the warstore and already get their order?

On 2/21/2019 at 10:53 PM, Mutter said:

Is that in the US?

Cause in the UK, there seems to be still stuff incoming at various stores, and Germany isn't sold out, either.

Right now, in UK and Germany the english box is sold out Online too.

In Germany you still get the german box.

58 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

The biggest UK online retailers are definitely under the impression that more stock is coming.

I believe most buy from distribution centres so it might well be that whilst GW has sold out the distribution centres still have stock which is dripping out to the retailers. Same thing happened with products like the Daughters of Khaine Blood Coven - months after GW had sold out it was still appearing in decent numbers at many UK retailers. 

Overseas might be different as we've no idea how GW divides up their stock and what percentage goes where. 

I emailed GW last week and they responded today saying that Carrion Empire is out, that they do not plan to restock like they did with Adeptus Titannicus, and the best I can hope for is when they release the Bombardier and Arch regent as individual models.  

Pretty bummed.

1 minute ago, Vesalius said:

I emailed GW last week and they responded today saying that Carrion Empire is out, that they do not plan to restock like they did with Adeptus Titannicus, and the best I can hope for is when they release the Bombardier and Arch regent as individual models.  

Pretty bummed.

It's a shame for those who didn't get it, however don't lose hope. Some 3rd party stores still (or might just) have some stock so hunt around; plus there's still half kits (at the very least) up on ebay. Even if you can't get the exclusive miniature you might well pick up the others at discount. 

Otherwise I think that its a good thing overall; bad for those who didn't get a copy I fully agree, but on the plus side the way GW ran out of stock so fast suggests that the regent and bombardier are not too far off a retail release. That's a good thing because it means soon everyone can get a fair chance at them without having to pay high ebay reseller prices or waiting months and months for the release. I think its a shift in GW's policy regarding these duel packs in speeding up the whole delivery process and putting the tomes on the same day rather than weeks or months later. Of course it took GW time to adjust to this new setup hence why Wrath and Rapture is still lagging and hasn't got the individual model releases nor the battletomes; but its still on sale. 

IT might also be that Carrion was an experiment and GW printed up the same number of boxes, but that with the Battletomes at the same time it just led to a massive sale boost; which is understandable. Players were not only getting a new model and a discount on some solid choices (and prety much the whole FEC army in that box) but also had a new Tome for both armies to use right on the same day.

Honestly I wager GW will patch-fix the FEX with an errata - its a very broken setup at present where it can just summon a whole army to the table ontop of the whole army you've already got and for 0 cost if they are all sitting next to the Throne (which has no cost). I wager a fast rise to fame followed by a fast fall. 

Archived