Oddly my newer plastic Elves and Dwarves are squatted in the new book, so these old guys will be one of the first units of my Cities of Sigmar army. I'm also hoping there's a "working" mixed army and I can put these guys along side the old Empire stuff for a fairly uniform look.

IMG_20190826_210149.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Oddly my newer plastic Elves and Dwarves are squatted in the new book, so these old guys will be one of the first units of my Cities of Sigmar army. I'm also hoping there's a "working" mixed army and I can put these guys along side the old Empire stuff for a fairly uniform look.

IMG_20190826_210149.jpg

Planning on rebasing some more of my Marauder Longbeards at the weekend. You know GW are looking out for the grogs

😁

sQEHbFt.jpg

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Planning on rebasing some more of my Marauder Longbeards at the weekend. You know GW are looking out for the grogs

😁

sQEHbFt.jpg

I think my long beards may be next on the painting table. It's. shame my Maurader organ gun won't have a place. Though if I can freely add in Stormcasts too, maybe it can be a counts as celestar ballista.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Does anyone have a good idea what the scale of the new plastic LotR characters is like? Thinking these two might be a basis for some nifty Battlemage conversions

Nova-Aug29-ME-SarumanGrima9grs.jpg.8ac4f1e84b453a421b48dee647af295d.jpg

Lord of the Rings do not have GW's heroic scale, so they will be ok height but have super wonky proportions. Pretty sure this was a part of their contract for the license. Doubt the new dudes are any different, as they fit with the rest.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:11 PM, bsharitt said:

IMG_20190826_210149.jpg

RIP for some great looking figs

Edited by Matador

13 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Lord of the Rings do not have GW's heroic scale, so they will be ok height but have super wonky proportions. Pretty sure this was a part of their contract for the license. Doubt the new dudes are any different, as they fit with the rest.

Back before Stormcasts had wizards, I used to run Gandalf as a Battlemage, but since the Stormcasts were already so large, he didn't look out too of place. On the subject of Battlemages, the 4 pack box of wizards is now gone from at least the US and UK store. I don't think they were in the "last chance to buy but already out of stock" taunting so maybe they're not gone for good. They just got re-boxed recently, so maybe they're getting a box with updated allegiance branding.

11 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Back before Stormcasts had wizards, I used to run Gandalf as a Battlemage, but since the Stormcasts were already so large, he didn't look out too of place. On the subject of Battlemages, the 4 pack box of wizards is now gone from at least the US and UK store. I don't think they were in the "last chance to buy but already out of stock" taunting so maybe they're not gone for good. They just got re-boxed recently, so maybe they're getting a box with updated allegiance branding.

That is fair! Compared to Stormcast, any smaller model can work. I just find them to be a bit weird looking next to similar styles of models. 

But oh man, the wizards on foot are gone!! Whaat!? This...can't be right. They were there post cull....

Staying positive means needing the book and what is inside soon. lol I really need to know what I am working with because it is getting distressing to try and figure out what is even left.

The various mounted wizards are there, which is goos, but...come on....

1 hour ago, carnith said:

Gotrek and Warcry for next week.

I doubt on foot battlemages are gone, and we've also seen the Amber wizard on Griffon in the Open Day Preview. 

We've seen the amber wizard on Griffin, but that is another set and and quite a different style.

I would not rule out them being removed.

Edited by zilberfrid

Psyched for Gotrek like you wouldn't believe! :D 

I'm very humbled to present an interview on my blog with the amazing @Brad Gamma about his Gharuki Forest Duardin project. If you haven't seen this army before, then do yourself a favour and check it out:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/city-spotlight-chris-burwoods-gharuki.html

canopy.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Someone in the Cities of Sigmar Facebook group emailed GW about the kit and got confirmation that it's been removed for Cities of Sigmar though the email adds that "great new kits" are coming for it.

Interesting! Do you have a screenshot of the email that you can post here?

Even if the kit's truly gone, it's not like Battlemages are, don't forget the guy that comes with the Luminark/Hurricanum:

Screenshot_20190902-065749.png.076768f0e96ffa778ce8a677b73921a0.png

8 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Sigmar no! We know nothing outside of the original announcement, Steam Tank armies being a "thing" and the axed units. :) 

Actually, we don't know all about the axed units. We do know some are not coming back, but now there is more that's being removed, we're not out of the woods yet.

32 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Actually, we don't know all about the axed units. We do know some are not coming back, but now there is more that's being removed, we're not out of the woods yet.

I still have a really silly hope of having some of the models that were removed comming back.

It is a terrible idea for my own sake.

List of confirmed "safe" kits from the Open Day article and photos:

• General/Battlemage on Griffon
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Handgunners/Crossbowmen
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Pistoliers/Outriders
  • Steam Tank
  • Lumminark/Hurricanum (components used as scenery)
  • Cogsmith
  • Ironbreakers/Irondrakes
  • Nomad Prince
  • Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn
  • Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers

D_6Ca3-WsAAsf8_.jpg

Worth adding that the plastic Battlemages were on display at the Open Day as part of rules writer Sam Pearson's personal collection, while large parts of his longstanding Free Cities army created using axed and long OOP kits (Freeguild General multipart kit, Battle for Skull Pass Dwarfs) were not, so it's pretty safe to assume they're probably getting (re)repackaged as a box of two.

If we go by the kits seen on display in Sam's army, and this collection of models representing the inhabitants of the various Free Cities, originally painted and converted for Season of War: Firestorm (models that were later axed like Freeguild Archers and Swordmasters had been removed or replaced for the display), we can add the following kits to the list:

• Battlemages
  • Flagellants
  • Burricanum/Luminark (confirmed as a miniature, not scenery)
  • Runelord
  • Longbeards/Hammerers
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch
  • Black Guard/Executioners

This is all conjecture, but I hope it helps! :)

PLg8fpW.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

List of confirmed "safe" kits from the Open Day article and photos:

• General/Battlemage on Griffon
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Handgunners/Crossbowmen
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Pistoliers/Outriders
  • Steam Tank
  • Lumminark/Hurricanum (components used as scenery)
  • Cogsmith
  • Ironbreakers/Irondrakes
  • Nomad Prince
  • Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn
  • Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers

Worth adding that the plastic Battlemages were on display at the Open Day as part of rules writer Sam Pearson's personal collection, while large parts of his longstanding Free Cities army created using axed and long OOP kits (Freeguild General multipart kit, Battle for Skull Pass Dwarfs) were not, so it's pretty safe to assume they're probably getting (re)repackaged as a box of two.

If we go by the kits seen on display in Sam's army, and this collection of models representing the inhabitants of the various Free Cities, originally painted and converted for Season of War: Firestorm (models that were later axed like Freeguild Archers and Swordmasters had been removed or replaced for the display), we can add the following kits to the list:

• Battlemages
  • Flagellants
  • Burricanum/Luminark (confirmed as a miniature, not scenery)
  • Runelord
  • Longbeards/Hammerers
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch
  • Black Guard/Executioners

This is all conjecture, but I hope it helps! :)

What is notable, is the lack of Dark Elf units in this list. Just the Black guard/Executioners, but that may just be the collection they used.