AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

15 minutes ago, Soolong said:

Was hoping for kharadron overlord style endless spells ,thinking drones etc but apparently I have more imagination then games workshop.

No offense but I think drones are a ridiculous idea. Just because you think its a good idea doesnt mean it actually is. Just my humble opinion.

So many people are disrespectful against GW and think they know whats best when in reality they don‘t. 

GW does an outstanding job at listening to the right comments/ideas from the community and ignoring the wrong ones. 

There were so many good ideas already in this thread but there were so many more bad ones that would ruin the army.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

KO are about to get stomped on with ****** rules. I have a bad feeling about this. Still no dice, no terrain, no endless spells equivalent, and a big Tzeentch bias. Yeap if the rules are bad we officially know GW hates us. 

We don't need any filthy spells!!! We need weapons and ships, something that we already have. So, give us rules to use them and we are ready to go!!!
(but my greedy inner dwarf stills wants more minis too...)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luzgurbel said:

For me it's clear that GW only cares about Chaos, Death and some order factions (SE, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers). What about Destruction players? Only 3 (4 as much) books, 1 book with both 2.0 new things (scenary and endless spells), another book with half of it and the last book with nothing. Not only nothing but also no new models and/or updated models.

I feel myself as a joke for GW.

Yeah if my KO rules aren't great I'm quitting GW completely. They wrecked Tau early in 8th for a long time, they destroyed a new army (deathwatch) with primaris lore and models, and they even going to mess up dark eldar with Ynaari at some point. If my KO isn't good it doesn't even have to be overpowered just above average around 8/10 it will be enough to keep me around but I doubt it. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

For me it's clear that GW only cares about Chaos, Death and some order factions (SE, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers). What about Destruction players? Only 3 (4 as much) books, 1 book with both 2.0 new things (scenary and endless spells), another book with half of it and the last book with nothing. Not only nothing but also no new models and/or updated models.

I feel myself as a joke for GW.

Are Gloomspite Gitz a joke to you? Such a huge release.

Ironjawz? Their models are still epic and their new rules are crazy good.

Ogors? 

I think its quality over quantity, and Destruction armies are very strong and diverse.

Edited by Phasteon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Barkanaut said:

GG are the only good destruction army. They even killed my Beastclaw Raiders. :( I feel if I start GG or IDK my jynx will follow me and destroy those armies. 

Wow, thats such an unreasonable comment. 

Orruks have so strong rules and where are BCR dead? You can still play them without footslogging Ogors and be more competitive than before (where they were a joke and 100% autolose on any matched play mission).

I dont get the general negativity about this release and it kind of annoys me tbh but thats the internet i guess. 

But those statements i quoted are just random.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Have I missed something? I saw the community article but not sure why so many people seem to be upset. 

The article doesnt mentionend ES-equivalents/terrain or die for KO so most assume there arent any coming.

I dont really care about these things. I like the new hero and I hope the new book improves the internal balance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Have I missed something? I saw the community article but not sure why so many people seem to be upset. 

You aren't missing anything. Some people are just unreasonably salty that we didn't get a spells/terrain equivalent and using this to support claims that GW don't care about KO, despite Orruk Warclans receiving the same treatment and are now a very strong faction. 

At release KO were and ambitious force at a time when GW lacked the rules mechanics to make them worl that they have now. Hopefully the design team gets it right this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I know that when KO first came out some of there models did not get released untill a month or so later. Have they done that recently? If not no big deal. 

Also not getting KO dice doesn't mater much. Ya it would be cool to have as an option but I'm much happier about the new hero  and the new rules coming in so soon. 

Im looking forward to seeing what people thing about the new rules once the new rules are actually available.

Wow...the amount if salt and whining is amazingly high in here...i‘m happy we are getting a new book and a flying hero (huge missed opportunity in the first release imo).

I would have wished for some dice, because i like to collect them for my army...but the book is the thing that‘s important, and i‘m curious to see whats in there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This issue I have is(assuming they don't have any terrain or endless spell(like) warscrolls to add) is that KO`s need every bit of help they can get with the condition the army has been in since its release.Their one main build(skyhook spam) that seems to be the most effective doesn't even use any of the ships that were supposed to be a main feature of the army,,this even after point reductions in the current cycle. Khorne got prayers and a terrain piece that have really helped their army out a lot especially when facing spell heavy opponents.These extra features that some armies are getting can indeed be very helpful.

Either way,,the army needs a lot of help.Im currently in a very competitive meta in my area,with the current state of the army its literally a waste of time to even unpack them to play a game.Im not sure what the fix would be,though being a high mobility army perhaps they could receive some army wide "hit and run" capabilities along with some wound shrugging abilities..maybe they could become the "Eldar" of AoS or something,,I don't know...

• Like 1

I love the look of KO and am currently doing Tempest Eye Cities of Sigmar, so looking into getting some KO for them and branching into a new army.

Tzeentch didn't get a terrain piece either and there rightly would have been an uproar if they didn't get endless spells. 

I know it would be cool to have new models, but KO doesn't even have priests, and it's pretty against their flavour to have them. I'd much rather that they developed a better way for the ships to integrate than they spent focus on coming up with a shoehorned set of endless spellesque things. Quite a lot of the endless spell/prayer effects are things I would much rather have the ships do.

What would you guys prefer, some kind of buff aura coming from an endless spell or an admiral causing a frigate to boost all the KO around it. Having seen how cool the hurricanum and Luminarch are for cities I would love it if a big effect of ships was the auras they could give out.

We already kind of have some effects like that with detonation drills, that ability could definitely be expanded and allow KO synergies with their ships. Imagine backfield thunderers getting charged and escaping before being hit. You can do it now but only on a 4+ and it leaves the ship in combat. If it had a 6+ range then the thunderers could screen the ship and escape harm safely. Or endrinriggers with ships allowing them to fight first before being charged.

I'm not saying that this will happen, but there are definitely effects they can play with to improve effectiveness and give counter play, even without endless spells.

On the terrain front I'm kind of curious if we will see a change in how they work going forward. Some terrain seems integral but other stuff feels bolted on. It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually start charging points for it or limit it to specific sub factions. They could definitely make the bonetithe nexus for OBR only be available for some specific hosts. Same for Khorne altar. 

• Like 1

Haha came for the salt and wasn’t disappointed. 😂

what an amount of wasted time typing complaints. Wait for the rules. Maybe then there is something to complain about. But if you end it with GW hates me/hates the faction/only loves chaos than I personally will not be able to take anything you say serious. But that’s just me. 

on the no cool endless spell/prayer models. Get if you like that mechanic it’s a shame it’s not there. But personally I would rather see it being more exclusive than more faction with endless spells. Keeps factions more unique to each other imo. 

• Like 5

I'm all for waiting for the rules but after 3 years it would have been nice for something new to paint outside of a hero and the underworld warband. That's what I'm 'salty' about. I play once, maybe twice a month but I paint everyday. I was looking forward to new models. 

I will buy the battle box, get the battletome and enjoy the games I play but I won't need to buy anymore KO, I don't need to chase whatever the meta will be. I have enough.