10 x Plaguebearers (120)

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Battalions
Thricefold Befoulment (120)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

I´d run 10 Plaguebearers, 10 Plagebeaers, 30 Plaguebearers, 30 Bestigors instead for exactly 2000 points.

1 hour ago, Unter said:

I actually think Terry's thricefold list was about as competitive as thricefold can be. I don't know who he played, but bear in mind that the runner-up of the tournament had no games against Daughters, Stormcast or Death/Nagash.

From his Twitter account it seems to be that he played against Nagash at least once...  (https://twitter.com/TerryPike84)

Thricefold is gonna be low on bodies and damage output, given how much has to be invested in the 3 big lads. I think Terry probably made the right decision by focusing on board coverage so he wouldn't autolose some of the most common Battleplans, big kudos

Well, I think that´s a viable strategy too, though you can be easily locked down in your deployment zone by some alpha striking lists...

Furthermore, as AoShorts mentiones,

Based on gaming score alone, the top 5 would have been:

1. Ben Savva – Daughters of Khaine
  2. Robert Sedgeman – Death
  3. Gary Percival – Sacrosanct Chamber
  4. Nick Thompson – Order
  5. Chris Myhill – Order

But by all accounts Terry's Thricefold was incredibly painted 

As you can see on AoSshorts, Terry gained a total gaming score of 30, which is equal to 4 other players. He just has lowest tiebreaker which still brings him Top 7. Hihi, Top 7 with a Nurgle army...

Edited by Hannibal

2 hours ago, Hannibal said:

I´d run 10 Plaguebearers, 10 Plagebeaers, 30 Plaguebearers, 30 Bestigors instead for exactly 2000 points.

From his Twitter account it seems to be that he played against Nagash at least once...  (https://twitter.com/TerryPike84)

Well, I think that´s a viable strategy too, though you can be easily locked down in your deployment zone by some alpha striking lists...

As you can see on AoSshorts, Terry gained a total gaming score of 30, which is equal to 4 other players. He just has lowest tiebreaker which still brings him Top 7. Hihi, Top 7 with a Nurgle army...

If you read my post properly, I mention that the the runner-up of the tournament had no games against Daughters, Stormcast or Nagash, I'm aware Terry played some tough lists.

I think the point stands that if you finish 2nd without playing Sacrosanct/DoK/Nagash, that is a softer tournament.

And yeah I think Terry finishing 3rd/7th on GameScore is awesome, power to him!

Hi all, I could really use some input on an upcoming 1500 pt game vs. Idoneth Deepkin using the Total Commitment (i.e. no deep strike) scenario. I'm relatively new to the gaming side of the hobby and am considering the following lists:

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

and mortals:

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Artefact: The Witherstave
The Glottkin (420)
Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Foulness: Magnificent Buboes

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives

Total: 1490 / 2000
Wounds: 136

The league is somewhat casual so I would really appreciate input on how to decide between lists. For example, I know that Deepkin are fast and killy but I don't know what to do with that info. How to pick a list, plan deployment, etc. I was planning on the second list but I thought that the daemon focus of the first list will help because of their ward save. Is that a smart approach?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Clanan

Hey guys, I'm a brand new player just getting into the hobby for the first time and I've dedicated myself to the greatest Chaos God, praise be his pus-encrusted toenails! Can anyone help me with a couple of quick questions?

Are the Warscrolls you can buy for Maggotkin still in date? All the reseller sites I've checked don't have them in stock and  the Games Workshop website doesn't list them at all.  I've seen them in store, but I wonder if they've been pulled for a reason. I love flash card style references at gaming tables, especially with so much to remember in AoS, so I'd love to pick them up if they're still valid.

Are any of the realms of origin stand-out better for Nurgle? I see a lot of lists from the Realm of Hysh and Ghyran so are the artefacts you get from there generally more useful for Nurgle lists? Or is there no easy answer to this question?

To follow up on my post above regarding 1500-pt lists of daemons or mortals, I decided to take daemons and got thoroughly blown out by turn 2. He reversed tides, changed Ebb Tide to Flow and deleted two units of blightkings right off the bat. I'm still not sure how to counter 15 eels flying in like that with ~26" range. Wasn't much fun for my 4th game ever.

Edited by Clanan

47 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

Hey guys, I'm a brand new player just getting into the hobby for the first time and I've dedicated myself to the greatest Chaos God, praise be his pus-encrusted toenails! Can anyone help me with a couple of quick questions?

Are the Warscrolls you can buy for Maggotkin still in date? All the reseller sites I've checked don't have them in stock and  the Games Workshop website doesn't list them at all.  I've seen them in store, but I wonder if they've been pulled for a reason. I love flash card style references at gaming tables, especially with so much to remember in AoS, so I'd love to pick them up if they're still valid.

Are any of the realms of origin stand-out better for Nurgle? I see a lot of lists from the Realm of Hysh and Ghyran so are the artefacts you get from there generally more useful for Nurgle lists? Or is there no easy answer to this question?

Yes they are still in due. As for the rest, it's pretty much what you like. Stuff like the sword of judgement is good on guys with a ton of attacks, like a VL corruptor, while a Lord of plagues would love to get his filth encrusted paws on ghyrestrike. 

Hi fellow Maggotkin players.

New here on TGA, but long time Nurgle player.

I would like your opinion on a rules question regarding the wheel of Nurgle and the concept "start of the hero phase". I've been told that if its my hero phase I can choose the order of which my "start of the hero phase" abilities occur, and when they are all completed I then move on to my regular Hero phase abilites, spells, etc.

I get that I can get one of the instant "start of the hero phase" powers from the wheel of Nurgle and then later in the phase cast the Foul Regenesis spell and move it to another point and thus gain two effects in the same battleround.

But what about the command Trait Grandfathers Blessing? It says it occurs in the start of the hero phase. My question is, If I use this trait can I get two of the "in the start..." powers at once? For instance If im standing on Corrupted Regrowth (1) I get the healing and then use the trait to move it to Rampant disease (6) and instantly get the mortal wounds output?

Can I then later in the Hero Phase cast foul regenesis and potentially get three effects as long as the third one isn't one of the "start of the hero phase"?

Hope you can help :)

General's Trait work with it, u can trigger 2 effects of "start of the hero phase", u can use and trigger all the abilities as u want (only the ones that say at the start) in the chosen order

With cast u can't since the start of the phase ended

Edited by calcysimon
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, I´m slowly building a semi-competetive Nurgle Force. What do you think of this List:

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Artefact: The Witherstave
Gutrot Spume (140)
Sorcerer (120)
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall
Rotigus (340)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 162

My thougts:
I really like the flexibility and diversity of this list but:
- As I am aiming for the Chaos Knights + Lord on Steed Combo as my hammer, shold I invest in tow 10-Man Units of Knights instead of one?
- Do I rely on Blades too much? Without Blades the Knights do about 15 Wounds (on the charge with the Lords CA), with Blades they do about 28
- Should I drop Rotigus or the Plaguebearers? I know that Rotigus is probably not super competetive but I like the Hero Sniping Potential he brings combined with Plague Squall and our Wheel. Also he gives easy access to our Wheel-Manipulation Spell and seems to be a great distraction.

Looking forward to your Feedback! Thanks a lot

Edited by Primes

Looking forward to your Feedback! Thanks a lot

Change Rotigus for normal Great Unclean one (traits and relics are more suitable for him), in lot of ways he is a lot better.

Glaives are better on knights, because of damage output and the fact that with their speed under buffs and trees they are able to outmanevr your enemy and charge first. 

Drop a sorcerer, change the other one with Festus (Great unclean are going to heal with him on 2D3 in your hero phase or you can take for the rest of points to take Balewind Wortex and cast his debuffs far away with +1) 

Edited by Revan123

12 minutes ago, Revan123 said:

Change Rotigus for normal Great Unclean one (traits and relics are more suitable for him), in lot of ways he is a lot better.

Glaives are better on knights, because of damage output and the fact that with their speed under buffs and trees they are able to outmanevr your enemy and charge first. 

Drop a sorcerer, change the other one with Festus (Great unclean are going to heal with him on 2D3 in your hero phase or you can take for the rest of points to take Balewind Wortex and cast his debuffs far away with +1) 

Balewind no longer gives +1 to casting roll.

34 minutes ago, Riddles said:

Hi i was wondering what which of the maggoth lords is the best as i'm looking for a centerpiecy-y model for my maggotkin and the great unclean one is abit outside my budget

Unfortunately....kind of none of them? They're all a bit overpriced for what they do.

Bloab can only cast one spell, so he almost always wants to use his signature spell which to maximize its benefits require damage sources in all phases possible (so you want to have hero phase damage, shooting phase damage, and...well you're almost always fine on combat phase).

Orghotts surprisingly isn't too much a beat stick, barely does more damage than Morbidex (and it usually involves a multi wound model that survives his normal attacks...a very odd ability). In fact Morbidex at least has Damage 2 on his weapon.

And Morb is ok I suppose if you got a bunch of nurglings, but he does nothing else for the rest of the army outside of nurglings. Maybe if he made them Battleline he would be more interesting.

That said in a semi competitive environment, I think they're fine. But in like a GT, you'd probably never see them.