AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

6 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Do I understand correctly that it is impossible to add archaon as ally?

Becouse of the mark of khorne?

You don't need him as an ally, as he is Slaaneshi so part of the Hedonites allegiance

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 2

Okay, so here's my parsing of how Pretenders interacts with the Supreme Sybarites battalion:

you MUST have only ONE slaanesh hero, not 3-6. That means you basically lose the battalion's benefit, as you have  to roll a 1 to get the free command point, but it also makes the battalion cheaper.... hm. Is it worth it to pay 480 for a Keeper of Secrets to get a command point and artefact with each one? lol

I don't know, what do you guys think? I used to run Pretenders with an Exalted as general, but now I am thinking of playing Invaders while my Pretender sits back and sleeps. Alternatively, I could play Pretenders again and trick out a keeper to make her coolio.

Our depravity point values seem really low; if you can give a keeper 2 claw attacks and it rerolls hit, it does about 24 damage on average when it piles in twice against a 4+ save (not considering extra hits). Combined with its healing, it will generate depravity like no one's business.

4 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Okay, so here's my parsing of how Pretenders interacts with the Supreme Sybarites battalion:

you MUST have only ONE slaanesh hero, not 3-6. That means you basically lose the battalion's benefit, as you have  to roll a 1 to get the free command point, but it also makes the battalion cheaper.... hm. Is it worth it to pay 480 for a Keeper of Secrets to get a command point and artefact with each one? lol

I don't know, what do you guys think? I used to run Pretenders with an Exalted as general, but now I am thinking of playing Invaders while my Pretender sits back and sleeps. Alternatively, I could play Pretenders again and trick out a keeper to make her coolio.

I think you just dont run this if you go pretenders. You take the nette batt instead.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Cabbage said:

I think you just dont run this if you go pretenders. You take the nette batt instead.

Well, the part I'm struggling with is I used to run 1 Exalted Keeper and 3 lesser Keepers as a Pretenders army, because the Exalted Keeper was in charge, lol. Now? Without an Exalted Keeper? I have no idea.

Just now, 5kaven5lave said:

I think I’d just go minimum battleline, some Fiends and then take 5/6 heroes including a couple of KoS and go all in for summoning. Would be interesting to say the least...

That was my plan. 4 Keepers + 2 min battleline is 1770 if you use Daemonettes and not Hellstriders. Hmmmhm...

Also, I suppose it's best not to take the Supreme Sybarites battalion if I am running Pretenders. Drat.

8 minutes ago, Killax said:

Might see a rebox.

Why did they lose the Daemon Keyword though?

They lost the Daemon Keyword as well? Haha! Well, that could be a good thing at least. A few things in the game that deals extra damage to daemons specifically :)

22 minutes ago, Killax said:

Might see a rebox.

Why did they lose the Daemon Keyword though?

Maybe demonic cav with mortal riders will be going this direction.

After all, we just went through the 3rd iteration of Khorne with Skullcrushers still not gaining the keyword. Maybe Blightlords and Surfing goat-birds will lose the keyword too.

7 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Maybe demonic cav with mortal riders will be going this direction.

After all, we just went through the 3rd iteration of Khorne with Skullcrushers still not gaining the keyword. Maybe Blightlords and Surfing goat-birds will lose the keyword too.

It's weird. Because Tzeentch and Nurgle did have it in their updates. Only shows that designers still not looking in the work of others? In any case, we'll see it later :) 

23 minutes ago, Mayple said:

They lost the Daemon Keyword as well? Haha! Well, that could be a good thing at least. A few things in the game that deals extra damage to daemons specifically :)

Considering the very likely improved synergy between Daemons and Mortals I can assure it feels like a very strange choice, both narratively and in terms of synergy. Because while there are units who are anti-Daemon, there are way more Daemon buffs within the army that randomly now don't apply to humans on daemons but do apply to daemons on daemons ;) 

1 minute ago, Killax said:

Considering the very likely improved synergy between Daemons and Mortals I can assure it feels like a very strange choice, both narratively and in terms of synergy. Because while there are units who are anti-Daemon, there are way more Daemon buffs within the army that randomly now don't apply to humans on daemons but do apply to daemons on daemons ;) 

Improved synergy between Daemons and Mortals? Do you mean in the future, or did I miss something about this release? They're all about those daemons :P Mortals be damned. Well, <Hedonites> to be fair, non-Hedonites be damned. All the previous synergies are out, this is a whole new thing. 

9 hours ago, themortalgod said:

All depends on pts costs. Also, the skaven terrain and endless spells are magnitudes more powerful than what we got. I'm not going to freak out or anything until I see the book in its entirety but I am certainly going from super excited to super nervous now. Like my exalted keeper just went down over 60% in offensive threat. Many of these nerfs aren't trivial. It is going to take a lot to offset them.

After my games my conclusion of the Skaven terrain... it’s a nice +1 to cast, and great as a threat... but its rarely truly impactful. Regaining depravity points already seems more powerful in my mind. 

It looks to be a fun army to play, and don’t really see a reason to be nervous. Unless you only are happy if the army gets top spots. But to check that we’ll have to wait months anyway. So why worry about it now 🤔

One thing I'm a bit disappointed and confused  on is hellstriders. The Twitch video said they split them so they could give them different abilities and points, yet their abilities, stats and points are identical. The only difference is the weapon which they could easily have covered with a single warscroll and just alternate weapon options.

The other issue is that the weapons are nearly identical.

Hellscourge - 3 inch range and no rending

Clawspear - 1 inch range and -1 rending. 

Otherwise attacks, damage, rolls etc... are all the same. It seems really odd because the clawspear is going to come out on top most times unless you're taking a lot of riders. 3inch range is nice but the -1 rend is going to be better most times (again, unless in large groups). It just surprises me that they made them separate and then basically wound up with only a casual difference between the two rather than a more major reworking to make them distinct units with highly varied roles. 

1 minute ago, carnith said:

Anyone know what the battalions do???

One of the battalions is 2 units of Daemonettes and 1-4 heralds on chariots (any kind I think). 

Any 6s to wound do mortal wounds instead of normal damage. 

180 pts 

I’m not sure if you can take anything else in it - it was used in a battle report I saw today using the new battletome. 

Sounds pricey but it did pretty well with 2 blocks of 30 daemonettes. 

27 minutes ago, carnith said:

Anyone know what the battalions do???

Hero battalion, 120 points. 3-6 heroes. Roll a D6 on your turn and if you roll equal or less than the number of heroes in the battalion, you get a cp.

Daemonette battalion, 180 points. 2-6 Daemonettes, 0-4 hellflayers or fiends. Daemonettes do a mortal wound instead in a wound roll of 6.

Seeker battalion, 140 points. 2-6 Seekers or Hellstriders, 0-4 Seeker Chariots or something. Can be selected to fight if within 6” and can pile in an extra 3”.

And a mega battalion for 120 points that generates extra depravity.