AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

According to the Dark Artisan Battletome Review

Fiends are now 210 points each lol

Oof, nasty increase. But then again, they were very good before and we have to consider that they now get extra hits on a 6 and rerolling 1s is quite a bit easier now, not to mention the other buffs they are likely able to take. 

I think that might mean 210 for 3 - I can't see them being that number of points for each model that would be all kinds of nuts. 

Kind of sad on that as I really like fiends, though at that point value taking 6 is still viable and 9 is a bit of a push but they are tough. 

Also I'm surprised GW hasn't got a page for the hellflayer, they have a page for every other alternate build for duel kits but not that one. 

daemonettes 110 /  300

Contorted Epitome   200

herald on exalted chariot 220

herald on hellflayer 180

herald on seeker chariot 160

infernal enrapturess 140

Syll’Esske  200

masque 120

herald 120

Kos 360

Shalaxi 340

fiends 210

hellflayer 140

hellstriders 100

seeker chariot 120

exalted chariot 180

seekers 120

Dreadful Visage 40

Mesmerising Mirror 60

Wheels of Excruciation 40

Edited by Alexonian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The one downside I see for them is that a lot of the army has gone up in points quite a bit (esp once you add them all up). I think its shifted the army a touch away from hoarding as much as it used to and a bit more into the elite side. Bit of a downside, but a lot has improved with things like heralds now being wizards. Also we've seen this pattern through a lot of AoS, esp with the armies with smaller ranges of models being better and costing more. I think GW has been addressing the size and number of models you need to get armies going esp into the 2K point range. I think they are aware that one thing that didn't help Old World fantasy was the high initial model count needed to get many armies running at2K.

Also technically AoS is a new game and the market dwindling for Old World means that many more are new to the game or buying into new armies. So there's a bit less market pressure for vast armies at this stage. Which is good, focus on building things up now and then in a few years or 3.0 we might see points creep down some across the board or even see 2K push up to 2.5 or even 3K for major events as "the standard". This will likely be helped as time goes on and GW expands the armies; much like how 40K armies have grown steadily over the years.

And this is all good because GW are focusing also on smaller games - we've got Warcry, Skirmish, Underworlds, Blackstone, Killteam etc.... all marketed and product aware as smaller reaches into the franchise as well. 

• Like 1

Points from the reveiw

Am missing a Herald Chariot unit, couldnt make out the name or points.

Shalaxi 340

Keeper of Secrets 360

Demonettes 110 ( 300 for 30 ) Battleline

Contorted Epitome 200

Demon Prince + Herald duo 200

Mask of Slaanesh 120

Infernal Enraputress 140

Bladebringer on Exaulted Chariot 220

Bladebringer on Hellflayer 180

Herald on Seeker Chariot 160

Seeker Chariots 120

Exalted Chariot 120

Fiends 210

Hellflayers 140

Hellstriders both variants 100, Battleline for any Slaanesh army

Seekers 120

Dreadful Visarge 40

Mesmerising Mirror 60

Wheels of Excruciation 40

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alexonian said:

daemonettes 110

Contorted Epitome   200

infernal enrapturess 140

Syll’Esske  200

masque 120

herald 120

Kos 360

Shalaxi 340

fiends 210

hellflayer 140

hellstriders 100

seeker chariot 120

seekers 120

Dreadful Visage 40

Mesmerising Mirror 60

Wheels of Excruciation 40

Pretty much points hikes all-round on the old stuff, which I guess is probably justified given the new allegiance abilities. The most annoying thing for me though is it’s now really hard to create a 1000pt list if you want some decent toys. 

I play mainly doubles tournaments (1000/player) so it sucks I can barely fit in my favourite models (fiends and keeper) in the same list with minimum battleline. 

Just now, Saodexan said:

At least the stuff we summon worth more points too. 

Aye and it might well be that they've baked some summoning into the armies overall points cost since basically summoning is going to happen in most games you play with them. 

depravity points

9 points 10 daemonettes

10 5 seekers

10 seeker chariot

10 herald

12 hellflayer

12 herald on seeker chariot

12 infernal enrapturess

15 exalted chariot

15 herald on hellflayer

18 20 daemonettes

18 3 fiends

18 herald on exalted chariot

18  Contorted Epitome

25 30 daemonettes

30 3 seeker chariots

30 keeper of secrets

• Like 1

Being wizards and also the act of summoning have likely jointly helped put prices up alone; then you add on the new abilities and such in the tome and that might well start to clean up more points. 

I think the army feels like they've balanced it around the 2K mark in terms of points; not forgetting that Slaanesh was quite cheap beforehand - big models like the keeper were only 260 though now its gained a huge amount of power and size and is up at 360. I think the key is that the army has shifted from being one where you'd take either a lot of variety or swarms into one where you've got to make a few more tactical and sensible choices.

The only downside I can see is that seekers could have done with being cheaper if only because they appear in both wrath and rapture and the getting started set - you can easily end up with quite a lot of them. 

Also don't forget chariots have all got two prices now - with and without herald. 

• Like 1

Wait... the wording is 'Invader Host Hero', does that mean that we can make mark of Slaanesh BoC generals or allow them to get an item? 

P.S. A Pretender's KoS could have 4 attacks on its claws (there is an item that gives you +2) and dealing 6 wounds to monsters (a trait gives you +1 to your damage if you target monsters)...

Edited by Izotzuhure

19 minutes ago, Benkei said:

Wow. Some units are literally doubled in price (like Heralds and Masque). I really don't think the allegiance abilities are so much better to warrant such a hike.

Worst of all looking at the battletome review video there is barely anything in there for mortals. Not even a dedicated battalion. Seems to be a daemon book. Anyway here is the video for those who want to watch it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Alexonian said:

depravity points

9 points 10 daemonettes

10 5 seekers

10 seeker chariot

10 herald

12 hellflayer

12 herald on seeker chariot

12 infernal enrapturess

15 exalted chariot

15 herald on hellflayer

18 20 daemonettes

18 3 fiends

18 herald on exalted chariot

18  Contorted Epitome

25 30 daemonettes

30 3 seeker chariots

30 keeper of secrets

Summoning points did not go up as much as I thought they would. For some units others are about where I expected. The kos is 360 points but can be summoned for 30 thats not bad. 30 daemonettes for 25 dp is a steal.  The dp hikes was not to bad when combined with the new ways we can earn. Some of the point hikes is beacuae of the increase utility and power of a unit while the part for the hike is summoning. 

Edited by Poryague

I got to say that masque is seriously terrible hero. 120p for unique hero who has mediocre damage, ok-ish survivability and 0 utility. Like who designed that warscroll? If it was non-unique non-leader maybe then with some nice artifact but now... simply useless (nice looking model though).

49 minutes ago, Zlatan said:

Pretty much points hikes all-round on the old stuff, which I guess is probably justified given the new allegiance abilities. The most annoying thing for me though is it’s now really hard to create a 1000pt list if you want some decent toys. 

I play mainly doubles tournaments (1000/player) so it sucks I can barely fit in my favourite models (fiends and keeper) in the same list with minimum battleline. 

This is my initial feeling - I mainly play in 1000pt games on a weeknight where 2K takes too long.

Seems to me that the initial 1000pts may need to be stanted towards generating depravity points for summoning, and use that to bulk up your force. Interesting playstyle.

I wonder how many DP on average you could generate per game, and whether you'd get enough in 1000pts to summon 2-3 additional units a game?

31 minutes ago, shinros said:

Worst of all looking at the battletome review video there is barely anything in there for mortals. Not even a dedicated battalion. Seems to be a daemon book. 

The fact that the Hedonites is almost exclusively demons now (and very little point to keep using the few remaining units like Hellstriders) fortifies my suspicion that GW wants us to buy into the updated Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness when it releases in the near future. They simply might not have the time and resources to do both dedicated Slaanesh and Undivided mortals at the same time.