AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

35 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

I'm so damn happy that we'll finally get plastic doggos and Karanak ! :D

How many pts do you guys suspect he'll be if they change him? 120-140? 

GW apparently said that the Khorne side of the box comes to 500pts. If we assume Bloodletters stay at 120, Flesh Hounds at 100, and Bloodcrushers go to 140 as rumoured, that puts Karanak at... 140pts. Not sure I rate that very highly (given 5W@4+), but the model is so awesome...

• Like 1

It's a pitty Bloodletters got changed like this, perhaps a cost reduction will be put in place with their power reduction.
But considering how Khorne got changed the last year(s) I doubt they will be cheaper.

My best guess is that Karanak is now 140 but more likely 160.
Fleshhounds probably will stick at 100.
Bloodcrushers at 140 would make them a unit to consider.

We will see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Killax said:

It's a pitty Bloodletters got changed like this, perhaps a cost reduction will be put in place with their power reduction.

If they had 2 attacks each with Wrath and Rapture rules at the same cost, do you think that would upset the broader AOS community?

15 minutes ago, Roark said:

If they had 2 attacks each with Wrath and Rapture rules at the same cost, do you think that would upset the broader AOS community?

If they had 2 attacks that would be fine, but I very much doubt they have those attack numbers.

I do get it somewhat from certain players point of view, in the sence that Bloodletters used to wreck havoc back in 1st AoS. But now without Sayl, Bloodsecrator's stacking and good acces to Mortal wounds things become awefully clear that your better of playing the newer armies with AoS 2 aswell.

Sales matter, I do really get that, but I don't think this really needed to be done. If Bloodletters would have gained another attack I'd also think they would have very clearly mentioned it. It's a sideways edit which ends out to be a minor nerf, however it was applied to an army who got a lot of 'top tier tools' removed allready. 

It's fun to play Khorne still, it's just that more had the older stackable Mortal wound rules, so if they apply the change to all those units eventually then Khorne basically is an anti magic horde army with Gore Pilgrims to sort of count. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roark said:

GW apparently said that the Khorne side of the box comes to 500pts. If we assume Bloodletters stay at 120, Flesh Hounds at 100, and Bloodcrushers go to 140 as rumoured, that puts Karanak at... 140pts. Not sure I rate that very highly (given 5W@4+), but the model is so awesome...

For 140 pts, if you get the free unit of Flesh hounds out of him he is totally worth those points i reckon 

Bloodletters have been hit in a big way when when calculating mortal wound on big units of bloodletters.
The wound output is similar but it's the mortal wounds that have been kick in the nuts by GW.
When bloodletters charge in they normally have a hero nearby and a  Bloodsecator buff.
If you have +3 killing frenzy .
You are doing MW on a 2 up and re rolling 1 to hit.
That 55+ MW easy.
New rules it's 12 MW average.

Khorne will have too adapt.

BoK and khorne are 19th and 21st in the army ranking . And 9th and 16th the year before . We are going down in strength but GW know this , maybe they have some points changes coming.

12 hours ago, Roark said:

Or they consider the battalion in the 500 pts, for example :

- bloodletters : 100 pts

- crushers : 140 pts

- hounds : 100 pts

- karanak : 120 pts

- bataillon : 40 pts

ok karanak could be more than 120. But he is only 5 wounds, so...

As for discussion I played this day with Daughters of Khaine. I attacked fully buffed Witches unit or how they called with fully buffed squad of letters with Crimson crown behind. It was 47 mortal wounds. And 7 failed saves in addion. 26 from 29 girls died. And three of them just buried nine letters during counter attack.

Now the questions. Why do we even needed priests with Killing frenzy now?  How are going to AT LEAST try to deal with Daughters? Or Nighthaunts? Or Fyreslayers? Not only math will say that it is impossible to get through their saves and FNP and not to get damage that will wipe out the half of the unit in return. 

At least they can't nerf Nurgle more, than meta did to him. I want my unmodified six at least on blightkings, if letters are gone. 

As for khorne, our hope no in blobs of 30 chaos warriors with glaives - 120 attacks with aspiring champion and secrator, +3 to their saves with priests and FNP from mortal wounds. It is the best thing I can come up with. Or blobs of blood warriors with same buffs.

Edited by Revan123
  • Like 1

In responce to the above, I think Karanak will cost 140 at least, because let's be honest here, the deal we get on Special Characters never really has been amazing. Skarr technically is cheap, so is Scyla but the 'great' special characters are generally costly for us. 40 point Battalions... I just don't see this happening for Khorne.
It could be possible he's 160 and the Bloodletters are 100 but considering how Khorne evolved the last years, I doubt that too.

@Revan123, fantastic army! Great job truely!

In terms of DoK, under the right conditions I'd say they generally do Khorne's job better. Which isn't to say that Bloodletters are useless but is to say that Mortal wounds under the new rules are just much harder to find in Khorne, and that matters. Somewhere way back in this topic or even last edition I felt Bloodletters are what made Khorne competitively stick around, these have been altered, which means the grip on the competitive meta has been lost or is very lose.

How to deal with other armies like mentioned? Unclear, Gore Pilgrims remains good, Blood Hunt remains good, as Fleshhounds recieved a minor buff but other than that yeah spam some mortals, hope that the anti-horde spells don't get to you I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

How do you update?

*edit - my WH AoS app shows updated as of 2 days ago, the Warscroll Builder website has the updates not my Azur yet

Android phone it's through the Google Play store, my apps. I assume it is similar for iPhone.

I just updated and all the warscrolls are in and updated, karanak and the new slaanesh Herald are there.

Is this a new change?: Bloodcrusher's Murderous Charge now increases in damage based on how many models the enemy unit has. Equal or under 5 = D3 MW. Over 5 = D6 MW. In the book it's based off how many models the Bloodcrusher unit has not the enemy unit.

Edited by andysonic1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Coyote said:

How do you update?

*edit - my WH AoS app shows updated as of 2 days ago, the Warscroll Builder website has the updates not my Azur yet

Some people had the update 2 days ago, maybe iOS users ? It was today on Android but I don't think the warscrolls are different from 2 days ago.

Edit: on WH AOS.

Edited by Beulettor