AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Most likely  60x35mm Oval Bases. They also had these bases suggested for Flesh hounds in the first "Designer's Commentary on Base Sizes" pdf that they released in Summer and people emailed them about it and they later changed the suggested size to 50mm round for consistency.

Thanks!  Perfect, more guys to get in base to base, that will work I suppose.

15 hours ago, Roark said:

My alt list also has Wrathmongers!

Hey, how do those catapulted Letterbombs go with a mere 18" Portal? Do you find it frustrating at all?

Sometimes, most of the time not so much though, people often look surprised when I put the bloodsecrator to the front of the deployment, but the bloodletters overtake him quickly, with such a high unit mass it hits them 99% of the time.

40k Chapter Approved points have leaked and they reveal something exciting for Khorne: Flesh Hounds can now take a Gore Hound in the unit for extra points. This may mean that Flesh Hounds are getting a "leader" in the unit. If you look at the new hounds, one of them does look larger than the others and has a more prominent frill going on. Personally I love summoning Flesh Hound units on mass and if they make them any deadlier I'm game.

9 hours ago, andysonic1 said:

40k Chapter Approved points have leaked and they reveal something exciting for Khorne: Flesh Hounds can now take a Gore Hound in the unit for extra points. This may mean that Flesh Hounds are getting a "leader" in the unit. If you look at the new hounds, one of them does look larger than the others and has a more prominent frill going on. Personally I love summoning Flesh Hound units on mass and if they make them any deadlier I'm game.

Apparently the unit leader also has some kind of ranged roar attack. If we get this stuff in AoS and the points stay the same hounds might become the next auto include.

5 hours ago, PUFNSTUF said:

With the prevelance of horde armies do you think the 4 bloodthirster and flesh hounds list can still be competent with that or is it to few bodies?

I don’t know but that sure looks fun as Hell (pun intended) to play!

I’m two Bloodthirsters towards the goal (2/4) and hopefully after Christmas will have the other two.  It won against Nagash from my understanding, but it’s also a technical tactical list made for pursuing objectives.  

On 12/8/2018 at 5:26 AM, Retro said:

Apparently the unit leader also has some kind of ranged roar attack. If we get this stuff in AoS and the points stay the same hounds might become the next auto include.

Seeing how weak it is in 40k I'm hoping they get something a tad bit stronger, but if they stay the same points and get anything it's a clear win, though an 8 inch ranged shout isn't going to help their summoning potential.

Hi all
I'm dusting off my Khorne for a few games.
I'm interested in trying the Doppelganger Cloak , is it any good on my lone Bloodthirster ?

Here is my latest list , any thoughts ?

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak

Bloodsecrator (140)

Bloodstoker (80)

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100)

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)

5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes

10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

30 x Bloodletters (320)
30 x Bloodletters (320)

Gore Pilgrims (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, PUFNSTUF said:

With the prevelance of horde armies do you think the 4 bloodthirster and flesh hounds list can still be competent with that or is it to few bodies?

Not against Nighthaunts, Bonesplitters, Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers

Картинки по запросу not from jedi palpatine

21 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

Far as I can tell, Bullgors/Doombulls and Beastigors are pretty good in Khorne. They add bodies, and generally speaking are different enough from Warriors and Reavers to reasonably add them.

Bullgors do like a 1/4 of the damage, that bloodletters could do without buffs

3 minutes ago, Keith said:

Hi all
I'm dusting off my Khorne for a few games.
I'm interested in trying the Doppelganger Cloak , is it any good on my lone Bloodthirster ?

Here is my latest list , any thoughts ?

Allegiance: Khorne
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak

Bloodsecrator (140)

Bloodstoker (80)

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 

Slaughterpriest (100)

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)

5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes

10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

30 x Bloodletters (320)
30 x Bloodletters (320)

Gore Pilgrims (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

You don't need to move your bloodthrister faster, than your letters, if you don't have Crimson Crown on him.  The list is ok though, good screen capacity against deepstrike and holding an enemy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trying to build my first Chaos list so I can work-out what models to get over the Holiday break. Currently don't really own anything and its quite overwhelming getting into a new game system. Saying, that I am one of those people  that likes to build the list and then work towards it rather than buy some generic stuff and make it work........just feels better to me and provides and additional incentive to get painting.

Units of most appeal:

• Archaon
  • Mighty Lord of Khorne
  • Khorne Lord on Juggernaught
  • Bloodthirster 
  • Varanguard
  • Skullcrushers
  • Slaughter Priest
  • Chaos Warriors
  • Chosen Warriors
  • Can include others.......

Obviously, cannot get all that into one list, but would love to have the center piece be Archaon. Keen to get some ideas from more experience players..........it does not need to be a tournament bone breaking list, however its nice to not get tabled every game either haha.

p.s. aiming for 2000pts with an option to increase to 2500pts for bigger fun games.

Edited by Gibs

On 12/9/2018 at 10:57 PM, Revan123 said:

Not against Nighthaunts, Bonesplitters, Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers

Картинки по запросу not from jedi palpatine

Bullgors do like a 1/4 of the damage, that bloodletters could do without buffs

You don't need to move your bloodthrister faster, than your letters, if you don't have Crimson Crown on him.  The list is ok though, good screen capacity against deepstrike and holding an enemy

Except...No? Bullgors with Great Axes do more damage than equal points of Bloodletters with no buffs, and also have more rend, movement and basically ignore morale. 7 attacks at 4 hit 3 wound on bullgors vs 11 attacks at 4 hit 3 wound on letters...but Bullgors got 3 damage per unsaved wound, and have more rend. Where did you get your math from? 

*edit

I did some more math, and if you gice the Bloodletters the boon of being a unit of 30 and then equal the points by giving Bullgors another 3 models...Its still only a damage difference of 1 wound extra for the Letters. For a giant blob that probably wont make it all into combat, with a weaker save, and less movement.

Edited by Kazimer
  • Like 2

Warhammer TV showed off the new warscrolls.

No huge changes, but bloodcrusher impact hit is a 2+, Karanak has 6 head attacks, the leader of the Fleshounds has a shooting attack. Unfortunately the bloodletters do a mortal wound on a 6 unmodified (so no stacking prayers), but it is in addition to normal damage.

Overall I'm happy. All good and needed changes. Hoping the points on everything didn't radically change.

• Sad 1