AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

And for Skullcrushers, if 6 dude units are so expensive, what do you guys think about using 3 dude units instead, as kind of an expensive roadblock? Maybe dump Bronzed flesh on them and tie up a big clanrats blob or something (in my case my crushers took forever to die and managed some surprising casualties against the rats)

I've been pondering a unit of 6 while bored at work over the last few days.  I have not tried such a unit so this is pure TheoryHammer, however, based on my experiences with just 3 I can say that they rarely charge more than once (maaaaybe twice) per game since they're poor at wiping units out. This means that a charging unit of 6, where we're optimistic and let 4 of them get into base contact before pile-ins, will generate 4-6 extra MWs. That's it for the rest of the game, since it's pretty likely that they'll be tarpitted for the rest of the game.

I was initially pretty attracted to running a unit of 6, but after realizing this I thought that it'll probably be mostly a dissapointment.

I've used a unit of 3 for a long time though and have had some success with them as counterchargers or late-game objective grabbers. That means, don't deploy them on the front line but on the back end of the table, or even behind one of your units. Be passive with them for the first two turns and only go after the objective-guarded-by-enemy-chaff only when he's dedicated the rest of his army to your other units. This has worked pretty well atleast in a casual setting.

On another note, a Khorgorath question: I field two, and have been running them separately up until now as support. However, I've been considering running them together for a few games since it's fewer drops, fewer activations in the combat phase, and they'll require more attention from my opponent.  What are everyone's experiences and thoughts on running a Khorgie unit compared to two singles?

Edited by Bjornas

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

Sweet! Enjoy putting them together, they’re my favorite kit to assemble and paint!

Also guys, I’ve got a balrog I want to convert into a Daemon Prince, but I heard from some players that we can’t bring Lord of the Rings stuff into Warhammer games, especially tournaments, what are your thoughts on the matter? In friendlies, it’s perfectly fine, but not too sure about tournaments. 

And for Skullcrushers, if 6 dude units are so expensive, what do you guys think about using 3 dude units instead, as kind of an expensive roadblock? Maybe dump Bronzed flesh on them and tie up a big clanrats blob or something (in my case my crushers took forever to die and managed some surprising casualties against the rats)

The general thought process that Lord of the Rings miniatures should not be used in Warhammer is because of the scale difference, Lord of the rings Humanoid miniatures being noticeably smaller than their warhammer equivalents.

You wouldn't have this issue with the Balrog as it is actually bigger than the Daemon Prince but uses the same 60mm base so you are good to go. 

I have seen some Balrog Daemon Prince conversions and even a few Bloodthirster ones and they were a great sight.

I have been thinking about going all in for a very BoC heavy Khorne army. I know it isn't the most efficient way to run a Khorne list, but I do have one eye on fluff with this concept. Not only would I go for a coal black skin/crimson fur/brass weapon colour scheme, I'd also be able to use acceptable BoC substitutes for the non BoC stuff (Bray Shamans for Slaughter Priests & a converted Khorngor Standard Bearer for the Bloodsecrator). And to top it all off the army would have 8 units! It's like poetry. But I do also want to be able to compete at a casual-competitive level, so what do you people think of this?

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: The Skullfiend Tribe
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Doombull of Khorne (120)
- General
- Trait: Master Decapitator 
- Artefact: Crowncleaver 
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)
10 x Gors of Khorne (80)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
6 x Bullgors of Khorne (320)
10 x Bestigors of Khorne (120)
Brass Despoilers (190)
Wrath-Axe (60)
Total: 1950 / 2000 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

On another note, a Khorgorath question: I field two, and have been running them separately up until now as support. However, I've been considering running them together for a few games since it's fewer drops, fewer activations in the combat phase, and they'll require more attention from my opponent.  What are everyone's experiences and thoughts on running a Khorgie unit compared to two singles?

I've run my two Khorgies in a single unit before, and it DOES get a lot of attention from the opponent--too much, in fact! I generally prefer to keep them separated so they can both get back a wound from Taker of Heads, and attempt to spread Horrific Predators around; and the 10" orbit of the Skullfiend Tribe's For the Brass Citadel ability isn't hard to squeeze a few into, even spaced out a bit. I get the fewer drops thing though, but in this case it's a difference of one drop.

• Like 1

Hello everyone !

Sorry for the waiting, but i wanted to talk about my third game. My excuses for being so long and break discussions with my wall texts.

So, third game was against another stormcast, with a scary list :  1 castellant, 1 heraldor, 1 arcanum on gryph 20 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 10 evocators, and 9 vanguards raptor hurricane with 3 aetherwing. In anvilstrike, naturally. So, lot of resilience and shooting power to devastate my army. 

The scenario was shifting objectives. I deployed with 10 bloodwarriors, 2x5 skullreapers and 5 wrathmonger on my center and toward my left flank, with all my characters. On the right flank, 10 bloodreavers, 10 bloodwarriors, 5 skullreapers and 5 wrathmongers. My opponent only kep 20 sequitors, castellant, heraldor, arcanum on gryph and the aetherwing on the field. Everything else was in deepstrike.

I decided to give him  the first turn, because i can't afford to take the risk to give him a double turn possibility. He run his army toward me and the objectives, deepstriking 5 sequitors and 10 evocators on the middle objective (who gave 3 pts and was in a giant scenery giving cover to everyone), and 5 sequitors as well as 9 raptors on my right flank. His left flank was holded by 20 sequitors + castellant and a gryph hound in front of them. The raptor shots 6 bloodwarriors (could have been worse...). He scored 5 pts.

IMG_20190421_165916.jpg

I needed to be careful here. I knew i couldn't beat his army in a straight fight, so i had to be cunning. I used blood bind to force 5 sequitors to go toward me and leave the cover, and a blood boil to kill a evocator, and summonded the skulls. 5 skullreapers advanced toward the left flank and charged to gryph hound while avoiding the sequitors near him. My 10 bloodwarriors and 5 skullreapers (buffed with +1 to hit) charged the sequitors. On my right, 5 skullreapers (buffed with +1 save) charged the sequitors, while my bloodwarriors where pinned by the aetherwing.

I killed the gryph hound and all the 2x5 sequitors without any problem, whithout suffering any losses (the unit of sequitor would could attack attacked the skullreapers with 3+, and without rend, thoses masses don't do much). I failed to kill the aetherwing and gained 1 objective point, on the right flank.

I won the initiative and gave it to him. Before the could act and double tap with the vanguard raptors, i immediatly used 3 BT point to make my bloodreavers charge his defensless vanguard raptors. They shot them all dead in their hero phase, but it was enough to prevent everyone in front of them to die.

He didn't do a lot during his hero phase, a few buff and missiles here and there. He decided to be more proactive, and his 20 sequitors charged my left flank (skullreapers and wrathmongers), his evocators charged my center (bloodwarriors and skullreapers). His vanguard raptors kill all my wrathmongers on the right flank.

In melee, as you could expect, the evocator one shotted my 5 skullreapers and killed 6 bloodwarriors, but the mortal wounds, gorefist and no respite killed 3 of them, and another after the BW normal attacks ! On the left, the sequitors didn't do much against the skullreapers, killing one of him and 2 wrathmongers, while loosing 5 of themselves. He took 4 more points.

At my turn, things weren't good at the center, sadly, but i kept my head cold. I used two blood boil on the evocators, killing 2 of them. On the right flank, the skullreapers charged the vanguard raptors (the BW where still blocked by the aetherwing but killed him) and killed a lot of them. On the left flank, the now 15 sequitors, who where in a long line, couldn't fight effectively and where beaten up by the skullreapers. On the center, the blood warriors (iwth +1 to hit and save), helped by a slaughterpriest, killed 1 evocator. The last two failed most of their hits, but nearly killed one of my slaughterpriest, and killed 2 other bloodwarriors. I took the right objective, gaining 1 point.

Then, i won the iniative again... and took the double turn ! I summoned the war-axe, who flew past the evocators, then one-shotted the heraldor, on the objective. Two other blood boils finished the evocators. My bloodwarriors at the center then ran toward the middle objective to take it. My skullreapers helped by bloodwarriors finished the vanguard raptors, cleaning the right flank. On the left, the sequitors killed 1 other skullreapers and 2 wrathmongers, but were only 6 left, with a few wrathmongers holding here. I won 4 points (major objective was on the right flank).

At the opponent turn, i used the BT to make my skullreapers attack in the hero phase, killing 3 sequitors. A fight at the center between the arcanum and bloodwarriors did nothing). The sequitors and the skullreapers on the left all died.

We rolled for turn 4, but, realizing he was entirely tabled (with only his castellant and arcanum alive), and that the major objective was again in my hands on the left flank, my opponent surrendered.

At the end of the tournament i finished third, with 3 major victory. As predicted, a lot of self sufficient unit and not too many characters is efficient. Havving to kill 20 bloodwarriors to face 15 skullreapers and 10 wrathmongers is not funny. The prayers were awesome, and the the skullreapers/wrathmongers did a lot of work. So many effect after death (skullreapers, wrathmongers, gorefist, no respite) is also very good, because it keep your opponent from taking a too big advantage when he kill you. Skullreapers with 6 attack each stomp absolutely everything. They made sequitors look like chumps.

The diminushing of rend-1 is absolutely golden. It change everything, especially against sequitors, or even a ghoul king on terrorgheist (there is a world between rend -2 and rend -1).

I think i'll make some minor changes to this list, but i already like it a lot as it is.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

I need a quick ruling on Sword of Judgement. Was it ever faq'd that the 6 needed to be unmodified? Or is it just a 6, meaning 5's if buffed by our Slaughterpriests? 

no, it's still a 6+. A khorne demon prince (who have a natural +1 to hit) is really effective with this weapon. Buff him with a slaughterpriest and he will murder every hero/monster he come across.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Smooth criminal said:

Aside from the lack of strike first ability Archaon does seem like the best single damage dealer we have.

With 5 attacks hit 2+ rr 1s and full reroll wound on the sword it's extremely easy to get two 6s and delete opposing monsters for free. And he can get up to 3 combats per turn with cp ability and blood tithes.

Ironically there doesn't seem to be a good use for his CP ability.

You could run him with some slaves to darkness lords and units, knights warriors etc. Not really a bloodbound list at that point, but still khorne allegiance! You get the locus from the LoDM as well for buffing demons.

Something like this:

Allegiance: Khorne
- Slaughterhost: Reapers of Vengeance
Archaon (660)
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount(140)
- General
- Trait: Mage Eater 
- Artefact: Skullshard Mantle 
Slaughterpriest (100)
Lord of Chaos (140)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Wrathmongers (140)
Wrath-Axe (60)
Hexgorger Skulls (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

Edited by medivouk
Added rubbish army list idea

12 minutes ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Hey guys, in a brass despoiler list, what would you rather have between a cygor or ghorgon? Im edging towards ghorgon as the model is awesome and fear inducing. Also the stat profile feels better but the cygors antimagic is cool!  

Please help :')

In my opinion the Ghorgon is head and shoulders better than the cygor.

2 minutes ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Why do you think that? Im leaning that way anyway like I said but id like to know why you think that :)

Re-rolling 1's to hit, getting an extra 1/2 attacks with its Slavering Maw, being able to pick out a model from unit to potentially die and once per game re-rolling all failed wound rolls really benefits the Ghorgon quite a lot. It also acts as a quite points efficient "distraction Carnifex".  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shad0wStormed said:

Why do you think that? Im leaning that way anyway like I said but id like to know why you think that :)

So for 20 more points you are getting access to two seperate, very good melee profiles,  khorne loves models with multiple good weapons as it it increases the efficiency of out attack stacking. Further the Ghorgon gives us access to even more mortal wound output and the ability to instant kill a free individual model in a unit. Without being able to increase the missle weapon attacks number and with the comparatively lacklucker melee profile the cygor seems like more of we are already good at.

7 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Ironically there doesn't seem to be a good use for his CP ability.

Maybe in Bloodlords if you have multiple hero deamons you can get a bunch of heals off across them.

Edit: it will be interesting to see what changes to Archaon's warscroll there will be with StD update. I bet his command ability gets reworded or just change completely.

Edited by ChaosUndivided

3 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Maybe in Bloodlords if you have multiple hero deamons you can get a bunch of heals off across them.

Edit: it will be interesting to see what changes to Archaon's warscroll there will be with StD update. I bet his command ability gets reworded or just change completely.

Sadly, he only affect command abilities on warscroll.

Among the change archaon will receive, i'm 100% sure he will have more rend, the slayer of kings being rend -1 is hilariously sad

Edited by ledha

13 hours ago, Kaz said:

Ahhh, so you were using him more for his combat potential... yeah I think it’s better to do that than try to build around his command ability. So this was a Tyrants of Blood+Archaon? Were your Bloodthirsters and Archaon a sufficient hammer? And what was your Slaughter Host? 

Yeah, it was definitely about pure combat. I think a mistake I've been making with Khorne before is trying to be too smart - trying to screen the Bloodthirsters, for example. I wanted to play a game where I just had to throw my big guys at the enemy straight away.

I did not have points for Tyrants. The four big guys, 15 hounds, and the Pendulum come to 2000 exactly.

I also don't use slaughter hosts ever because I don't like not being able to pick my command trait and magic item. With Archaon as the general, I'm not even sure you can take a host since you cannot assign him a trait or item.

It's hard to say if they were enough. With only playing a single turn before he quit makes evaluation difficult. He was able to teleport two units each round though, so he could have played keep-away.

Edited by Sleboda

I come around once more with question with a probably obvious answer that i just fail to comprehend, but how do the judgements of Khorne work? 

What i think i understand is: I pay the points cost for the judgement when building my army, i can then summon the judgement with a priest on my turn and it will do its thing. At the end of the round i roll for it to stay and if i fail at it, the judgement disappears. The question is: Can i resummon the same judgement after its disappearance? or is it just a "one hit wonder" kind of thing?

42 minutes ago, NoLifeKing said:

I come around once more with question with a probably obvious answer that i just fail to comprehend, but how do the judgements of Khorne work? 

What i think i understand is: I pay the points cost for the judgement when building my army, i can then summon the judgement with a priest on my turn and it will do its thing. At the end of the round i roll for it to stay and if i fail at it, the judgement disappears. The question is: Can i resummon the same judgement after its disappearance? or is it just a "one hit wonder" kind of thing?

In matched play you can resummon it with any priest at the start of your hero phase if it is not on the battlefield. 

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

With Archaon as the general, I'm not even sure you can take a host since you cannot assign him a trait or item.

This was answered in last FAQ. If your general is a named character he does not get a Host command trait. The artifact on the other hand can be given to any non-named hero in your army. Does Archaon have to be the general for some reason?

8 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

The general thought process that Lord of the Rings miniatures should not be used in Warhammer is because of the scale difference, Lord of the rings Humanoid miniatures being noticeably smaller than their warhammer equivalents.

You wouldn't have this issue with the Balrog as it is actually bigger than the Daemon Prince but uses the same 60mm base so you are good to go. 

I have seen some Balrog Daemon Prince conversions and even a few Bloodthirster ones and they were a great sight.

I love the balrog model, although I’d probably use him as a Daemon Prince because I dunno, he seems a bit smaller than a Bloodthirster... also that scenic 60mm Base is incredible

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah, it was definitely about pure combat. I think a mistake I've been making with Khorne before is trying to be too smart - trying to screen the Bloodthirsters, for example. I wanted to play a game where I just had to throw my big guys at the enemy straight away.

I did not have points for Tyrants. The four big guys, 15 hounds, and the Pendulum come to 2000 exactly.

I also don't use slaughter hosts ever because I don't like not being able to pick my command trait and magic item. With Archaon as the general, I'm not even sure you can take a host since you cannot assign him a trait or item.

It's hard to say if they were enough. With only playing a single turn before he quit makes evaluation difficult. He was able to teleport two units each round though, so he could have played keep-away.

Don’t feel forced to take Slaughterhosts my friend, the best thing about Slaughterhosts is that we’ve got 3 entire tables of command traits to pick from, and a HUGE selection of fun artifact for us to use. Slaughterborn is still incredible, I also like Disciples of Khorne (it got buffed), even Bloodsworn is not bad for bravery. 

And one of my favorite combos is still: Ar’Gath King of Blades for  an Insensate Rage then hunt heroes, and fish for as many sixes as possible hehe, possibly with Rage Unchained as command trait. Of course, that combo can also work with the Skullfiend tribe command trait for more Blood Tithe if you wish. 

5 hours ago, Shad0wStormed said:

I think it depends. I actually like the Cygors a lot, and the Brass Despoilers actually buff his shooting iirc. Cygor shootings is unreliable, but as ledha demonstrated in his game against the evlcators, there’s a lot of wizard units out there. Pink Horrors, Evocators, they all will suffer from a boulder to the face. And don’t forget, the unbind dealing damage works on them too. The re-roll to wound of brass Despoilers might work on him I think. 

HOWEVER. It is true that the Ghorgon is incredibly powerful. Devouring a model is crazy strong, use it to eat Icon Bearers, musicians, special weapons guys, or even wounded heroes. His Butcher Blades are terrifying, and the Maw with additional attacks can get really crazy quickly. 

Overall, i’d say go Ghorgon as he plays to the strengths of the Blades of Khorne, which is melee. 

7 hours ago, ledha said:

Hello everyone !

Sorry for the waiting, but i wanted to talk about my third game. My excuses for being so long and break discussions with my wall texts.

So, third game was against another stormcast, with a scary list :  1 castellant, 1 heraldor, 1 arcanum on gryph 20 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 5 sequitors, 10 evocators, and 9 vanguards raptor hurricane with 3 aetherwing. In anvilstrike, naturally. So, lot of resilience and shooting power to devastate my army. 

The scenario was shifting objectives. I deployed with 10 bloodwarriors, 2x5 skullreapers and 5 wrathmonger on my center and toward my left flank, with all my characters. On the right flank, 10 bloodreavers, 10 bloodwarriors, 5 skullreapers and 5 wrathmongers. My opponent only kep 20 sequitors, castellant, heraldor, arcanum on gryph and the aetherwing on the field. Everything else was in deepstrike.

I decided to give him  the first turn, because i can't afford to take the risk to give him a double turn possibility. He run his army toward me and the objectives, deepstriking 5 sequitors and 10 evocators on the middle objective (who gave 3 pts and was in a giant scenery giving cover to everyone), and 5 sequitors as well as 9 raptors on my right flank. His left flank was holded by 20 sequitors + castellant and a gryph hound in front of them. The raptor shots 6 bloodwarriors (could have been worse...). He scored 5 pts.

IMG_20190421_165916.jpg

I needed to be careful here. I knew i couldn't beat his army in a straight fight, so i had to be cunning. I used blood bind to force 5 sequitors to go toward me and leave the cover, and a blood boil to kill a evocator, and summonded the skulls. 5 skullreapers advanced toward the left flank and charged to gryph hound while avoiding the sequitors near him. My 10 bloodwarriors and 5 skullreapers (buffed with +1 to hit) charged the sequitors. On my right, 5 skullreapers (buffed with +1 save) charged the sequitors, while my bloodwarriors where pinned by the aetherwing.

I killed the gryph hound and all the 2x5 sequitors without any problem, whithout suffering any losses (the unit of sequitor would could attack attacked the skullreapers with 3+, and without rend, thoses masses don't do much). I failed to kill the aetherwing and gained 1 objective point, on the right flank.

I won the initiative and gave it to him. Before the could act and double tap with the vanguard raptors, i immediatly used 3 BT point to make my bloodreavers charge his defensless vanguard raptors. They shot them all dead in their hero phase, but it was enough to prevent everyone in front of them to die.

He didn't do a lot during his hero phase, a few buff and missiles here and there. He decided to be more proactive, and his 20 sequitors charged my left flank (skullreapers and wrathmongers), his evocators charged my center (bloodwarriors and skullreapers). His vanguard raptors kill all my wrathmongers on the right flank.

In melee, as you could expect, the evocator one shotted my 5 skullreapers and killed 6 bloodwarriors, but the mortal wounds, gorefist and no respite killed 3 of them, and another after the BW normal attacks ! On the left, the sequitors didn't do much against the skullreapers, killing one of him and 2 wrathmongers, while loosing 5 of themselves. He took 4 more points.

At my turn, things weren't good at the center, sadly, but i kept my head cold. I used two blood boil on the evocators, killing 2 of them. On the right flank, the skullreapers charged the vanguard raptors (the BW where still blocked by the aetherwing but killed him) and killed a lot of them. On the left flank, the now 15 sequitors, who where in a long line, couldn't fight effectively and where beaten up by the skullreapers. On the center, the blood warriors (iwth +1 to hit and save), helped by a slaughterpriest, killed 1 evocator. The last two failed most of their hits, but nearly killed one of my slaughterpriest, and killed 2 other bloodwarriors. I took the right objective, gaining 1 point.

Then, i won the iniative again... and took the double turn ! I summoned the war-axe, who flew past the evocators, then one-shotted the heraldor, on the objective. Two other blood boils finished the evocators. My bloodwarriors at the center then ran toward the middle objective to take it. My skullreapers helped by bloodwarriors finished the vanguard raptors, cleaning the right flank. On the left, the sequitors killed 1 other skullreapers and 2 wrathmongers, but were only 6 left, with a few wrathmongers holding here. I won 4 points (major objective was on the right flank).

At the opponent turn, i used the BT to make my skullreapers attack in the hero phase, killing 3 sequitors. A fight at the center between the arcanum and bloodwarriors did nothing). The sequitors and the skullreapers on the left all died.

We rolled for turn 4, but, realizing he was entirely tabled (with only his castellant and arcanum alive), and that the major objective was again in my hands on the left flank, my opponent surrendered.

At the end of the tournament i finished third, with 3 major victory. As predicted, a lot of self sufficient unit and not too many characters is efficient. Havving to kill 20 bloodwarriors to face 15 skullreapers and 10 wrathmongers is not funny. The prayers were awesome, and the the skullreapers/wrathmongers did a lot of work. So many effect after death (skullreapers, wrathmongers, gorefist, no respite) is also very good, because it keep your opponent from taking a too big advantage when he kill you. Skullreapers with 6 attack each stomp absolutely everything. They made sequitors look like chumps.

The diminushing of rend-1 is absolutely golden. It change everything, especially against sequitors, or even a ghoul king on terrorgheist (there is a world between rend -2 and rend -1).

I think i'll make some minor changes to this list, but i already like it a lot as it is.

This is extremely helpful! Thanks loads! 

One of the most interesting things here was the hexgorgers working against evicators. I completely forgot about that. There are now more wizard units, and the hexgorgers are very potent as such. Guys like evocators who may deepstrike closeby the backline, might be close enough to suffer the denuded of the Altar, and the hexgorgers might just  be terrifying for them. 

This has been very knowledgeable! Thank m8! 

I’m very happy with the state of Skullreapers and mongers  And Blood Warriors! 

2 minutes ago, Kaz said:

And one of my favorite combos is still: Ar’Gath King of Blades for  an Insensate Rage then hunt heroes, and fish for as many sixes as possible hehe, possibly with Rage Unchained as command trait.

My favorite is the +1A blade and  +1A trait on Insensate Rage. I have not varied much from that, but I'm always willing to experiment.

• Like 2

Also, I’m gonna pre order the Slaanesh battletome, but I’ve checked the warscroll. They’re strong, HOWEVER, they do suffer from a serious lack of wound re rolls. Most of their non-monster infantry wound on 4+, and rely on a LOT OF ATTACKS to get through. 

Hellstriders look like their chaos warrior equivalents, I’m predicting they will be the cheap durable(4+ save) battleline. 

The Keepers and Shalaxi are definitely scary, though likely to be quite expensive. Shalaxi seems limited to only be strong against heroes, which is interesting. Shalaxi also lacks the command ability of the keeper. 

Dont forget the keeper basically has the reapers of Vengeance command ability. 

As for Fiends, well, shooting might actually do the trick. Blood boils, skull Cannons. In fact, their save is low, so all of our boys can present a serious threat due to their sheer attack count. 

We should be wary of the Chariots though. They’ve got the same rule as Skullcrushers, but don’t need to be in units of 6(because 1 Chariot is already quite ex, they’re skull Cannon equivalents ), so they can do a LOT of mortal wounds, especially because of our MSU playstyle. Hellfalyers and exalted Chariots are insanely dangerous as they get extra attacks for every unit they wound with their special rule, so they can definitely kill us with a thousand cuts. Their charge can also circumvent some of our rules that work only in combat phase, like no respite, and gorefists and Murderous to the last. 

Seekers look quite dangerous. Harder hitting than hellstriders, but faster and more fragile. Likely used to attack our priests. 

Infernal Enrapturess seem very important. If you see them, THEY MUST DIE. They generate DPs, and can shoot us from a range. They also have a LOT of rend .

Syll’Esske has a better version of Korghos Khul’s command, and is wayyy more damaging. But they probably are more expensive. 

At the end of the day, I think they’re potent. Just need to play smart. Still, I wanna get at least syll’esske’s model just to paint it... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sleboda said:

My favorite is the +1A blade and  +1A trait on Insensate Rage. I have not varied much from that, but I'm always willing to experiment.

I’ll be honest: Your idea is FAR more reliable than mine. In my case the Insensate rage relies on finding a hero to smack, and actually charging one. In most cases I’d say going for Rage Unchained and Skullreaver (what you’re suggesting) is actually the most reliable now that I think about it. If we have access to a Killing frenzy I think it’s a strong combo. 7 attacks at 3+, rerollimg ones has a good chance of fishing those sixes to wound. 

With all honesty, Insensate Rage is still my favorite Bloodthirster, I really like how he massively disrupts your opponent’s plans. 

In addition, I feel like he can be a very strong choice into Slaanesh, because of his Outrageous Carnage ability.

Slaanesh units right now are extremely fragile, and have lost a LOT of their old debuffs

daemonettes Lost Locus, hellstriders lost banner, which makes them EXTRMEELY reliant on the Locus of diversion to survive.

If we can play correctly around Locus of diversion, I think we can safely expect a sudden influx of Slaaneshi skulls at the foot of Khorne’s Throne in the next few weeks. 

Also @Battlefury, tested out 5 man blood warriors and loved them. I’m still bringing SOME 10-man blood Warriors Squads just to have some oomph with glaive and a bit more meat for my brick. But the 5-man blood warriors are incredible suicide units. Warshrine+stoker+Goretide is incredible. 

One thing I want to point out after some testing for our Lords of Khorne is that I noticed their Damage is kinda meh, and required a lot of investment to be good. I feel like their support is their main strength: Mighty lord’s command saves CPs if we position right, and it’s a big bubble, plus he provides an unbind, AND a hero for Places of Power, while dealing *decent* damage. He’s not deleting units, but I feel his support is quite good. Plus that zoning potential has been quite handy actually

Korghos Khul has been amazing in my games, to be extremely honest. I really like him.

The Juggerlord has much better damage than mighty Lord, but his command is quite useful, since it’s not an Aura. He’s also crazy durable, which is useful if we used him to jam up a unit.  

Next unit I’m gonna try: Magore’s fiends! I’m interested to see them in action. As Riptooth and Magore’s Fiends are separate units, does that mean if Riptootth dies, we get Blood Tithe for him? 

• Like 1