AoS Wish For 2018

Mr. White

1 hour ago, chord said:

I'd like more stormcast (yeah I know, but that lord commander is gonna be sweet)

I do kinda want to see what a "Ruination Chamber" entails.  I wouldn't be surprised if they release a new Chamber next year. Got to get everyone riled up and shouting "MORE Stormcasts, really?" 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well most of the things I would wish for were already named. Namely a battlefield in a box (maybe using the "official" boardsizes named in the ghb) and some Battletomes. For the Battletomes I am undecided wether I would prefer a big 40k like release for with updated warscrolls for the older factions or some new factions with new releases. Both got their pro and cons.

Another thing I would like to see coming true is the romour of a "new edition" I read somewhere. Not that I want more complexity but more clarity and some tweaking (looking at you shooting).

What I'd like to see is smaller new unit releases along with battletome to flesh out some of the existing factions. For example, with mere 3 new kits, gw could easily make fully fleshed out spiderfang grot army: 1. Grot scuttlings (melee and ranged options), 2. some medium size spider unit (bigger than regular spider riders but smaller than arachnoroks) and 3. new spider hero (maybe multikit that allows building several heroes). No need to make these brand new super releases all the time or these "let's make half-baked force out of these 3 kits we already have for them", combine the two and flesh out factions that need fleshing out.

You know what I'd really love - an Atlas of the Realms background book. Something with heaps of John Blanche art. Not saying I want exhaustive maps either. To be honest, maybe we need a few more years of development before we are ready for such a book. When the time is right though, this would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

You know what I'd really love - an Atlas of the Realms background book. Something with heaps of John Blanche art. Not saying I want exhaustive maps either. To be honest, maybe we need a few more years of development before we are ready for such a book. When the time is right though, this would be awesome.

That'd be absolutely brilliant !

16 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Definitely. A book focused solely on the realms would be really awesome, and should have been released long ago, honestly.

6 hours ago, Freddy25 said:

Battletomes: as many as possible. Then Aelves (and some infos on Slaanesh), as soon as possible.

AoS DESPERATELY needs these 2 things. 

To me, GW could decide not to release anything a part from battletomes (no new models except for Aelves, no new GHB, no new products at all): I'd honestly find it a smart thing to do.
I know this is absurd and impossible, but think about how good it would be to see a battletome released each month, and to have all the races of the Mortal Realms finally complete. :x

Could not agree more! 

2 hours ago, angrycontra said:

What I'd like to see is smaller new unit releases along with battletome to flesh out some of the existing factions. For example, with mere 3 new kits, gw could easily make fully fleshed out spiderfang grot army: 1. Grot scuttlings (melee and ranged options), 2. some medium size spider unit (bigger than regular spider riders but smaller than arachnoroks) and 3. new spider hero (maybe multikit that allows building several heroes). No need to make these brand new super releases all the time or these "let's make half-baked force out of these 3 kits we already have for them", combine the two and flesh out factions that need fleshing out.

This!

Scuttlings seem an easy one to implement, as well as making the existing arachnarok flinger a real choice (maybe it could impede movement of what it hits). 

For new units, some sort of elite tanky spiders (with riders? or prodder grots) that look more round and beetle-y. And a new general model of any sort (the existing finecast one is utter garbage). 

I would like to see more original AoS ideas, rather than a rehash of the stuff from WHFB. That goes both for both models, rules/battletomes and not the least lore.

So no more Bonesplittas-treatment of the old WHFB-line. Original models with original, new lore and rules to follow, please . Make Age of Sigmar it's own, and even better than the old world. :-)

I'm hoping to see the next phase of the story. The Realmgate Wars wrapped up, we got the Season of War where fans got to have an impact on the storyline, and now we need to know what happens next in the Mortal Realms. The return of the Aelves and Slaanesh would be a good option, as would a focus on Nagash's machinations and plans for what he does next. Linking the two together, to rip holes in the cosmos, well that'd just be spoiling us.

Rules-wise, we need some of the more popular factions updating, Moonclan, Free People, Aelves and another Skaven clan all would be good choices to focus on. I'd also like another new faction as well, as they've done really well with the concepts behind Fyreslayers and Khadron Overlords (shame both new factions were stunties but ahh well!). A Destruction or Death sky-pirate force would be very cool.

The final part I'd like to see developed is the fiction, we need a lot more novels on the lines of City of Secrets, that focus on the day to day lives of men in the mortal realms. Hopefully with the upcoming AoS RPG, we'll get a lot more in this regard.

Oh and as a tiny aside, more Warhammer Quest please! Let's have some badass Orruk Heroes kicking names and taking arses in the depths of a Necromancer's dungeon :)

I’d love to see an updated rule set — not to actually change anything, but just to include what’s in the various FAQs. Sure, maybe that extends the 4-page rules to 6 pages, but it would be worth it. 

Also, outside of GW itself, I’d like to see more patience and optimism from the community. Too many people see a 40k release or a Stormcast release and immediately whine about it. GW has earned the benefit of the doubt; let’s see where they’re taking this great game!

6 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

I’d love to see an updated rule set — not to actually change anything, but just to include what’s in the various FAQs. Sure, maybe that extends the 4-page rules to 6 pages, but it would be worth it. 

Also, outside of GW itself, I’d like to see more patience and optimism from the community. Too many people see a 40k release or a Stormcast release and immediately whine about it. GW has earned the benefit of the doubt; let’s see where they’re taking this great game!

Positive mental attitude! 

9 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Same goes for the none beastclaw raiders Ogres

Na-hah, I don’t want my topless ogors rummaging in the cold!!?? Give them faction rules + a 3 page fluff  and you have a perfectly fine gutbusters faction! 

Fix the faction system would be my wish.  But all in all I feel aos is in a good flow. Maybe taken a bit of a backseat due to 40k but if they pick up the avarage release rate I’m happy 

This is out there, but I would really love a new plastic Slann Starmaster kit. They are now SO essential to the Seraphon line that I'd love to see these kits become a bit more prominent. A customise your own Slann would make my day. The inclusion of a Kroak update, of course. :)

• Updated Plastic Slann/Kroak kit
  • Deathrattle Battletome
  • Clan Skryre Battletome with plastic kits for Weapons Teams, Acolytes, and etc. Along with a new unit or two.
  • Mordheim Rerelease???
  • Seraphon Warband for Warhammer Underworlds

Integration of FAQ into published rules, condensed factions (with remainders either compendium or confirmed for expansion/battletome), and obviously more plastic. 

I know moving factions to compendium isn't popular but it'd remove a major barrier to entry- figuring out which factions are "playable". For example, with no Spire of Dawn box anymore Swifthawks basically aren't a thing- but if I'm trying to get into the hobby I'd have no real way of knowing that. 

That said, half my army is Swifthawks so I'd feel that change in my wallet.

Quite a challenge to think of something that you'd like without going down the "wish list" route (i.e. improve X because I don't like it).

I'd probably say the one thing I'd really like to see is some kind of modular scenery sets.  So wall sections, roofs etc that you can assemble in a variety of different ways.  I feel the game really benefits from having a lot of scenery on the table, both in terms of gameplay and thematically.  

I'd also love to see some kind of "build your own hero" ruleset where you can create a hero (with points) for your own games - so start with a base Chaos Lord give him some abilities, weapons etc and make a unique character to represent your general

The only good Aelf is a dead Aelf, only fing better is a dying Aelf who tells you where to find iz mates. 

Trouble is I can’t find a dying Aelf or his mates. 

I’d like a three way (ooer missus) narrative campaign series, Aelves vs Destruction vs Death (chaos and Stormcast can have non speaking roles) 

I hope the Scourge Privateers will be extended and become a fully developped faction like GW did with the Sylvaneths. I think that of all the factions made/recycled from the ex-dark elves, the privateers fit best in AoS (darkling coven and order serpentis being 2nd and 3rd).

Archived