AoS Wish For 2018

Mr. White

On 12/1/2017 at 12:31 AM, Sheriff said:

Freshly dead xD

The books etc seem to focus more on spiderfang than moonclan so i hope and suspect they'll get the attention. Plus the pirate grots obviously. 

I am a massive Night Goblin fan and have been for decades, but I would be overjoyed if a Spiderfang battletome and full model range came out of nowhere.  I have always liked the Forest Goblins and it has saddened me to see them gradually pruned out of the Orc & Goblin books over time.

Grot pirates I could get behind, but I would prefer to see Moonclan and Spiderfang get some attention before something wholly new.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

To be fair, that's part of why the original rules state that you're supposed to measure model-to-model. Models that fly are so high up that shorter models (e.g., Grots) can't reach them with their melee weapons. That aspect of combat got lost when (seemingly) everybody decided that base-to-base was the only way to measure. It makes a lot of things easier, but sometimes eliminates logic.

1 hour ago, AlvinAOS said:

Please do something like new rules of fighting between flying units and melee (non flying units)

A melee unit can hit a KO air ship with melee weapons...i cant understand. 

Making models like this immune to close combat is really bad for balancing. Fielding one or two Ironclads against a close-combat only army like Ironjawz or Khorne would be a I-Win button. 

Balancing aside, I dont even see the problem with flying units and close combat. 

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Making models like this immune to close combat is really bad for balancing. Fielding one or two Ironclads against a close-combat only army like Ironjawz or Khorne would be a I-Win button. 

Balancing aside, I dont even see the problem with flying units and close combat. 

As I see it (note: opinion follows), this game represents a battle. Let's imagine that the Kharadron Overlords are attacking a Khorne Army somewhere in the mortal realms. The KO, realizing that their enemy has no missile weapons, will sit back and let their guns do the work. Is it balanced? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

Not all rules are designed for balance. That's why the major tournaments seem to require base-to-base measurement, because uniformity and consistency allow all armies to (approximately) compete.

22 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

As I see it (note: opinion follows), this game represents a battle. Let's imagine that the Kharadron Overlords are attacking a Khorne Army somewhere in the mortal realms. The KO, realizing that their enemy has no missile weapons, will sit back and let their guns do the work. Is it balanced? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

Not all rules are designed for balance. That's why the major tournaments seem to require base-to-base measurement, because uniformity and consistency allow all armies to (approximately) compete.

But this game is only an abstract representation of war, unlike real war, the game should be enjoyable and balanced for both sides. But in game with as many moving parts as in AOS, perfect balance is impossibility. So my take on all this "lol realism"...

24 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

AoS is foremost a game. Having to fight against someone you cant hurt is no fun and horrible game design. 

Think this through: Kharadrons are immune to close combat so they win every game against armies that are worse at shooting than them -> Everybody starts playing Kharadron Overlords because they dont wont to lose all the time -> Age of Sigmar is dead. Thats it. 

Dont get me wrong. I love Kharadron Overlords. I have 3,5K points of them. But this change would break the game, all to fix something that isnt broken.

I would really like an update on the "free people" or humans. In a setting where Sigmar has made the SCE to battle over the survival of the humans and their souls, the sense of despair is lost when its just big buff good guy fighting big buff bad guy all the time. Without the human element, the stakes are lost and seem to not be so important.

Then again, I am not sure how the 'humans' will ever compare to the SCE considering that every release they get larger more outlandish wargear and mounts, aside from robbing the humans of similar wargear, mounts and duties on the battlefield and just blowing them out of the water.

Still would like some more 'human' rep on the battle field that doesn't involve warmachines or black-powder weaponry.

Whilst we aren't getting models (that we know of), the new AOS version of the Regimental Standard I think will provide some fascinating (and funny) background tidbits. I am very interested in picking up WHFRP and AOSRP so these will be great :) Also totally on board with webcomic and podcast!

But that's a tad off topic. Totally hyping up for potential moonclan release. A nice plastic squig kit would be a dream. Judging by current releases for new model ranges I'd suggest:

Keep current moonclan infantry, fanatics, mangler squigs, "Skarsnik", and Boss on Cave Squig.

New plastic warboss, special character (may replace skarsnik), shaman, squigs, squig hoppers, 1 or 2 new units.

Would be nice to get troggoths rolled in with them, but it is unlikely.

Plastic Wardancers and Waywatchers, and a mounted wanderer hero of some kind! Perhaps riding a great stag, like the Wanderer Prince Maesa in the recent black library story Sands of Grief? Or maybe a new forest dragon model??!! None of which will probably [ever?] happen, but a guy can dream right?

22 minutes ago, Sete said:

The setting needs regular humans.

Won't be free guild, but a different faction.

Like Azyr Crusaders or something.

Or the Ironweld Arsenal. Gimme that Cog-fort, Cog-Hauler and Iron Striders GW!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Johhny The Squid said:

I'd quite like some new units/models for the "older" factions, I.e, Ironjawz or Fyreslayers. As they are now they seem a bit... Stagnant and a release of some new models would really rejuvenate them. Maybe even plastic models for resin ones.

I agree. It would be really really cool to know that the previous factions get new releases occasionally even if it's just one unit! Keep em fresh and beloved but not taking up too much time away from new factions

Most of the stuff i'd want is phasing out resin models from the death lineups, plastic varghhulf, vampire lord on foot, plastic bat swam in a similar style to spirit hosts but bat flocks instead. And if we can have multiple stormcast models representing a castellant or whatever I wouldn't mind seeing another necromancer, just more plastic death models. Even with the full nighthaunt release it doesn't 100% make up for years of neglect and I want to see those resin models go bye bye.

I’d like to see older mini’s get the Bonesplitta/FEC treatment. Specifically Brayherd/Warherd, there is more in that group  unit wise than Bonsplittas and FEC. And for Undivided Chaos Mini’s to get rolled up with the Everchosen and done up like Legion of Nagash.

1. Kharadron Overlords shadespire band.

2. New Kharadron Overlords models. We need more diverse list building possibilities and we’re too hamstrung and limited. Also cool models. 

3. Idoneth Deepkin shadespire warband. 

4. A cool new lizardmen army. 

5. A cool global campaign again. 

6. More beastclaw raiders models. 

7. Another dwarf faction. I don’t like dispossessed and fyreslayer look too samey. I think we need to see a cool AoS take on dispossessed that had to seal themselves in golem constructs. 

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

Another dwarf faction. I don’t like dispossessed and fyreslayer look too samey. I think we need to see a cool AoS take on dispossessed that had to seal themselves in golem constructs

Yeah I’d love to see dwarves for each element. Fire and wind already done, earth and water would be very cool. 

I dunno how water would work and be unique. 

Riverfolk perhaps, who use wood and nature to travel atop waters in a tribal style maybe? Amazonian garb and body art, sort of like dwarf Pygmy warriors. 

1 hour ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Yeah I’d love to see dwarves for each element. Fire and wind already done, earth and water would be very cool. 

I dunno how water would work and be unique. 

Riverfolk perhaps, who use wood and nature to travel atop waters in a tribal style maybe? Amazonian garb and body art, sort of like dwarf Pygmy warriors. 

If Kharadron Overlords are Bioshock Infinite Columbia. I see the Kharadron Sealords as Bioshock's underwater Rapture. Big Dawi's in huge combat diver suits with drills. So cool. 

Less SC stuff and/or the discontinuation of some of their units. They now have too much choice in comparison to the other factions. It's becoming hard to remain invested in AOS with such favouritism and its the reason why I have and never will buy anything that is 40k.

Somehow writing SC out of order allegiance which is already too big compared to the other allegiances. Give them their own allegiance. 

A new destruction faction and the expansion of choice on the current destruction factions. 

A new human faction and the expansion of the current one with some steam punk designs. 

It won't be 2018 but the release of a paper compendium for the updated Legacy units following the final made to order run. 

51 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Less SC stuff and/or the discontinuation of some of their units. They now have too much choice in comparison to the other factions. It's becoming hard to remain invested in AOS with such favouritism and its the reason why I have and never will buy anything that is 40k.

Somehow writing SC out of order allegiance which is already too big compared to the other allegiances. Give them their own allegiance. 

(...)

"If I don't like it other must NOT enjoy it" - the post. Tremendous mentality. Also great comprehension of the Grand Alliances concept. 

Sigh.

Anyway I hope you'll be less salty toward SC and Order when, between Autumn 2018 and 2019, we'll get an updated "Moonclan Grot" army, a second wave of Ironjawz, and a "Grotbag Scuttler" Grot sky pirates (entirely new) faction.

---

I'd like to see : 

- Shadespire / Easy-to-buil kits for : 1. Kharadron ; 2.  Flesh-Eater courts ; 3. Idoneth ;  4. Free people / Devoted (also : 5. Tzeentch, 6.  Slaanesh and 7. Nurgle). 

- New factions (not counting the rumored ones for Slaanesh and Destruction) : Darkoath Barbarians & Steampunk Freeguilds.

- A proper AOSification of Mordheim (not taking the name itself, but the concept : a cool setting in the Mortal Realms, with a skirmish level game ; like they did with Warhammer Quest.). Or the AOS RPG from Cubicle7. Something based on Bottel's Hinterland (he's now working for GW IIRC) and Skirmish - not a card game like Warhammer Underworlds (which is fine but something else). 

10 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

"If I don't like it other must NOT enjoy it" - the post. Tremendous mentality. Also great comprehension of the Grand Alliances concept. 

Sigh.

Anyway I hope you'll be less salty toward SC and Order when, between Autumn 2018 and 2019, we'll get an updated "Moonclan Grot" army, a second wave of Ironjawz, and a "Grotbag Scuttler" Grot sky pirates (entirely new) faction.

---

I'd like to see : 

- Shadespire / Easy-to-buil kits for : 1. Kharadron ; 2.  Flesh-Eater courts ; 3. Idoneth ;  4. Free people / Devoted (also : 5. Tzeentch, 6.  Slaanesh and 7. Nurgle). 

- New factions (not counting the rumored ones for Slaanesh and Destruction) : Darkoath Barbarians & Steampunk Freeguilds.

- A proper AOSification of Mordheim (not taking the name itself, but the concept : a cool setting in the Mortal Realms, with a skirmish level game ; like they did with Warhammer Quest.). Or the AOS RPG from Cubicle7. Something based on Bottel's Hinterland (he's now working for GW IIRC) and Skirmish - not a card game like Warhammer Underworlds (which is fine but something else). 

To be fair with my original post, it is about my personal wishes for AOS. I don't dislike SC. I just wish they weren't so well rounded in comparison to the other factions. The opposite way to fix this would be to make all other factions well rounded which would make everyone happy. It would just take so long for this to happen and it wouldn't be in 2018 :D

19 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

If Kharadron Overlords are Bioshock Infinite Columbia. I see the Kharadron Sealords as Bioshock's underwater Rapture. Big Dawi's in huge combat diver suits with drills. So cool. 

"I am Andgrim Ryanstone, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a dwarf not entitled to the gold from his mine? 'No!' says the Man in Hammerhal, 'it belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the Elf in the temple, 'it belongs to Khaine.' 'No!' says the God-King in Azyrheim, 'it belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Karak Rapture."

On 5/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, HorticulusTGA said:

Shadespire first season based on old/classic faction, I think there is chance that they will use the new AoSed factions for season 2. As with the Skaven and Fyreslayer warband, it could be a good way to add a hero to some factions.

Concerning a new Mordheim, I guess that with AoS v2 and its deep changes, they will have to update Skirmish. And remember they previewed terrain with a « second floor » to add some verticality. One can dream...

Archived