Your favorite model evah!

Kramer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to say, so many nice minis out now. I think I've really enjoyed painting the Stegadon and the Bastiladon the most. Also, nearly all of the beastmen range. They were the second army I fell in love with. First the Lizards, then the goats :D

Oh man, such a great topic!

Like many, I find it hard to limit it to one model... 

If i had to chose one, for sentimental reasons I would go with this Bretonnian that I painted back in 1990(ish). I much prefer the older version of the Bretonnians, which looked more 'real', less cartoonish than the latest version.

Ahhh, the good old days...

IMG_7510.JPG.9f6826137bd49318fa32eba61815307d.JPG

Having said that, there are so many amazing models from the current collection. My favourites:

-Archaon (I love everything about that model)

- Lord-Aquilor (with the caveat of doing a head swap - I really do not like the Stormcasts' masks...)

-Lord-Celestant on foot (with head swap)

- Green Knight (ok, not current collection but still recent)

-Louen Leoncoeur

- The slaughterpriest with the mask and spiked ball + sword

- Ahriman (not pure AoS, but makes a great Fatemaster once converted)

- Megaboss

Current favorite has to be the Rock Trolls I bought recently. I just kept seeing them on GW's web store and just liked how the goofy ****** looked and one day finally ordered three of them(I'll probably never play them in AoS, but wanted a unit's worth just in case). I have no other destruction army(except a box of Mantic orcs that may do in a pinch), but if I ever build one, it won't have an allegiance(depending on how the allies matrix works out) just so I can drop in a unit of Rockgut Troggoths. These have to go to the top of my list because they're the only models I've ever bought with no real plans to play them, except maybe the occasional games of Song of Blades and Heroes(a neat little skirmish ruleset for all your mismatched models).

Other than the Trolls, I'm kind of partial to any of my Juggernaut chassis Warjacks for my Marmachine. They're so simple, but at their same time they're big stompy steam robots boiled down to their purest form.

Also, say what you will about Mantic's Dwarfs, but my Kings of War army is all Mantic and while some of the Dwarfs a big rought, but I absolutely love the Berserker Brock Riders. They are probably the right up with the Trolls for my favorites. In fact, I used to consider painting a chore that I had to do before I could play wargames, but somewhere along the way while I was painting my first unit of these guys, I just fell in love with painting them and I've liked painting much more since then.

The following List are my favioute models Ever in Order of Faviourtie to least:

- Alarielle the Everqueen

- Terrorgheist - Literally the perfect example of an undead beast. 

- Spirit of Durthu

- Kurnoth Hunters (Dynamic Poses)

- Maw Krusher

- Tree Revs

Pretty much all of the Realm of Chaos era chaos champions - they're so characterful and unique. I'd love to see modern revamps of the a la Slambo!

Also, the Putrid Blightkings are fantastic sculpts too!

Other honourable mentions:

Azhag the Slaughter

Skarsnik & Gobbla

Krell

Isabella Von Carstein

Lord Kroak

Love the doom wheel - Both the old school metal dude on top of two hamster wheels and the new plastic hotness.  

Also for some reason I can not get enough of the Savage Orc/Bonesplitterz kit.  Have loved the sculpt since they first came out and have never got tired of painting them.  

Same is true of the Crypt Horror/Vargheist kit.  Never gets old.  

On 05/08/2017 at 1:07 PM, Sennyo said:

best model evah has to be the classic Orc with pig.

otherwise any of the chaos familliers

orc with pig.jpg

Still want one of these!

Agree on Nazgob, one of the first models I ever painted. Still have him, and he will be stripped and repainted. One of my favourite new miniatures is the Weirdnob, mainly because of how the entire sculpt is a nod to Nazgob. He has the same hooded cloak, the staff has a big bone attached to the bottom, similar shaped sword, and bag at his hip. Even has bangles too.

Generally I am very impressed with all the Ironjawz line.

Probably shocks noone to know I am a big fan of the arachnarok.

Also never painted any but I think the Killa Kans are excellent. I love how they have different leg mechanisms to make them look really ramshackle and thrown together.

So it seems I like green skinned hooligans a lot...

I will say, may just be new project hype but the Dark Eldar are generally gorgeous. Also love the Cold One Knights.

Also, as horde units go, the skeletons are really pretty. Simple, but works.

The stormcast prosecutors. I just love the wings, the pose, the fact that they fly without clear base stands. My favourite model ever. I have the starter, got the start collecting and am thinking about getting another box of prosecutors. In the past I couldn't get my head around the phenomenon of people buying and playing with absurd multiples of the same model/squad. Now I can...

My favourite model ever was the Bone Giant.

fa0153c41159bd1f188bf05922813bc5.jpg

This is something that hooked me on the franchise the first time I saw a GW store while shopping with my mother. The shop was closed, but I just gawked at all the diaromas and displays they had set up. 

Second and third place respectively go to the Orc Arrer Boyz and two handed Goblin Big Boss. Why did you remove the two best looking Greenskin units from the store?

500?cb=20160730035236

staff_single_1.jpg

Might be Aekold Helbrass or something from the 1980s I'm forgetting about.  The character and emotion in older models more than makes up for the impressiveness in new technology as standing out granted I'm not disparaging towards what is essentially the best hobby gaming plastic range on the planet.

I really liked the Luther Huss model. And the teutogens.  They seemed to epitomize everything empire for me and of course all the warrior priests. 

From the new, not unexpectanly, the Exclesior warrior priest and I love the stormcast models. Especially the dracoth cavalry. Also the Lord Relictor and his fluff 

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, Freddy25 said:

I find Seraphons' Troglodon to be the best model I know.

It is huge, it is the best looking model to my taste, it's detailed, it is funny to build and can be painted as you please. Marvelous.

Yeh I would put the Troglodon right up there with my favourite models ever. It's a fantastic model. I did a quick job on one when the model came out to add it to my existing Lizardman army at the time. However I'd love to paint one to the best of my ability.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, BunkhouseBuster said:

Favorite AoS multi-figure kit: Orruk Ironjawz Brute Squad.  An awesome and fun kit to put together, they are what pulled me into AoS earlier this year, and has kept me in since.

Favorite AoS monster: Maw-crusha.  I don't have one yet, but I have seen them in person and when they are painted up well, they are awesome!

Overall Favorite AoS army: Lizardmen/Seraphon.  This is my Warhammer Fantasy army.  Who doesn't like dinosaurs?  Pretty much every model and figure in the army line appeals to my inner 10-year-old self.

A man after my own heart; Ironjawz and dinosaurs!!!

As far as units go, I couldn't look past the Brutes. Even after assembling 7 boxes of them I have found ways to make them different and have not found them to be a chore whatsoever. Delightful models.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, Veterannoob said:

The old wood elf noble with great weapon

Nice choice. Brilliant pose on this one.

For my personal choices, the child in me has such fond memories of the 5th edition WFB Lizardmen release. Whilst I was already in the hobby beforehand, the release of this army fully immersed me. I love dinosaurs and they made the hobby stick for me. If I was to pick one model from that range, it would be this guy;

s-l225.jpg

Not sure who painted that version but it was the first one I found on Google.

Next in line would be the 6th edition Dark Elf range from Chris Fitzpatrick, some phenomenal stuff in there and whilst I had some Dark Elves in 4th edition, it was the release of this range that saw me fall in love with the Druchii. Whilst to many I will be known for my love of the Ironjawz, but for the longest time I was all about Agatio the Heartless and Prince Xizor... Megaboss Krunk was but a twinkle in my eye haha! I had pages of fluff and a thread even longer than my current Ironjawz one over on druchii.net back in the day. It would be really difficult me to pick an individual model from this range (and indeed the latter releases for 8th edition), but some of the Corsair champions were great...

img3cc416cb3b295.jpg

Again, not my paint job (nice one though!).

Whilst I do believe these models to be genuinely great sculpts, I do think we have to acknowledge that the present day does have "superior" sculpts.

The Ironjawz range really is outstanding as far as I am concerned and if we are talking "favourite model evah!" then I think I would have to say it is the Orruk Megaboss. This time the paint job will be my own!!

large_IMG_0873_JPG_a64c165eb13b2cf1b12042bd33b76f58.jpg

It is so difficult to choose.

The warmaster orcs by Colin Grayson were kind of mind-blowing at the time.warmaster-orcs-003.jpg.57985cbe3efbafcf221efca50bb6394f.jpg

Not my painting.

The Shaggoth  by Alex Hedstrom DSC_0636.JPG.6c4ffe3f64ea7154d5ef5f3b22bd8fb1.JPGwas the mini that got me back into the hobby after a long absence and was the first mini I painted in Japan so it has a special place in my heart.

The plastic steam tank (by Colin Grayson again) is an absolutely fantastic kit and I am a sucker for interior detail that no-one will ever see.

DSC_0635.JPG.c20c11af9be3c8dfe91c74a7420a6b82.JPG

But there is a new 'mini' that may end up taking the prize. There were rumours that a steam punk airship was coming but the Ironclad blew me away. What a fantastic 'miniature'.DSC_0638.JPG.349bb853271325e89eab50f5ffe368e6.JPG

Archived