Shadespire Wishlist

Ben

Whats on your shade spire wishlist? 

Top of my list sis an expansion box for every faction. 

I'm also hoping for monthly single Figure + Card expansion packs similar to Netrunner and similar card games that have fast releases.  

I am hoping for knife edge balance between factions. It's the chance for GW to show they can write rules and balance to counter those who always claim they can't in the bigger more complex games.

Faction releases would be cool too. We'll see some really dynamic minis.

Hoping all minis will find a use in AoS (for the launch minis it's simple to use them as part of regular liberator units for instance but some factions might have cool hero warscroll worthy minis).

GW saying they'll support it competitively makes me think of national leagues and international contests which would be great.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Whats on your shade spire wishlist? 

Top of my list sis an expansion box for every faction. 

I'm also hoping for monthly single Figure + Card expansion packs similar to Netrunner and similar card games that have fast releases.  

My hopes are pretty much the same things. Every faction as well as really fast releases, somewhat in the line of Fantasy Flights Arkham the card game, where there are two-three new deck releases every second month or so.. (though in reality its probably closer to every 3-4 months).

Also Shadespire seems like a great way to use your AoS28 war band conversions, no?

Competitive play usually Means either full on international leagues/events or just an official pack to he'll run events.

I'd love to see the first. Events in major markets with a world championship held where they fly people in, ala Magic, X-wing or Guildball.

In terms of releases I'd like to see one box per month of a single 3/4 model faction with associated deck OR a single box every 2 months with opposing factions in. 

Would like to see a soft cap of 9/10 models per faction as well to keep down on what you need to know to play competitively but without playing that's a hard system to judge.

Hey,

As others have said, It'll be great (wallets aside!) if they can emulate the likes of X-Wing, Netrunner and other such games with release schedules.

I really want them to show that they can write a balanced competitive ruleset (not getting into a debate about existing/previous games!) that fits this game model. Looking at the leaked card pic, it definitely has strong X-Wing overtones. I'm fine with them drawing from other games such as that as they work so well.

Minis wise, it'll be a great way for them to tease future AoS allegiance releases. Imagine if we'd seen a handful of Kharadon Overlords for Shadespire 6 months before that massive release; hype much? I can see us getting that with the Aelves.

But yeh, I'm really excited for this...will be interested to see if it can stick at a club level. All other games have struggled for a foothold vs the juggernauts of AoS!

@Ben - do you think this release will impact Andrew Galea's project?

Card packs with new upgrade cards, or that allow you to use your existing models as part of Shadespire factions. I'm happy for them to mimic X-Wing in many regards - it's a game I love and play competitively - but binding specific upgrade cards to specific expansion packs isn't a good model. I'd happily pay £15-£20 for a deck of cards and a booklet every couple of months.

I'd also like them to account for the process of issuing FAQ updates for cards and so on. If this means maintaining (for example) an online list of points values rather than listing them on character and upgrade cards, I think that's worth it. It'll be so much healthier for the competitive scene in the long run if balance changes can be made quickly and without fuss or extensive confusing errata.

I also hope that the game involves some kind of objective-focused play, or scenario play. I think that's the X-factor for a lot of these games. If it's just 'kill all the dudes', then that limits the design space and ultimately compounds the problem of power creep as average damage values increase and old units get left behind. Objectives are one way to ensure that units can have different types of utility - this is already the case in AoS, so why not incorporate it here.

Personally, I just want warbands that are usually ignored by GW (Alves, Free Peoples, Seraphon, etc.) to be as powerful as the newer ones. Also the ability to use my normal models in games, so I don't need to get a pack of characters just to play Shadespire. (Plus, I already have 2 Oldblood on foot. I don't need a third one.)

My requests are

Fiction to go along with the set, highlighting why they're fighting

WHQ rules for at least some of the Heroes, so we can use the more unique models.

Regular boxed set releases, more frequently than we've seen with Blood Bowl

Pre-Painted miniatures (the last as a value added service)

I'd like to see either vinyl mats or plastic boards that have modular scenery pieces. Failing that I would like to see small terrain pieces like pillars so the board looks more three dimensional. I also hope they produce dice for each faction but in decent numbers so they don't sell out within a minute and so that we don't get gouged by resellers on eBay.

Pretty much what others have said.

I Really like that the minis, so far, are from basic AoS units. That means that you could use them to mix up sculpts for leaders / special weapons and such.

More specifically I'll touch on my two favorite alliances, Death and Destruction.

For Destruction I'd love an alternate hero sculpt for the Brutes Boss and gore Choppa models.

A Megaboss with a Different gear loadout. Perhaps a mace and shield. (Megatank)

For Death the same thing with their basic troops but also this could be a great way to do small undead units from other races that are just as suceptable to undeath as humans. Orruks, Aelves, Duardin, etc....

Regarding new factions, it might well be that between now and the release of this game we see new factions for Death and Destruction. Given some of the "interesting" directions of new factions it wouldn't surprise me if they combined Bretonians and Undead to make a new faction although that does very much sound like the Flesh Eater Courts.

I really hope Shadespire focuses on character models and unit champions so that they could be used across the AoS range as heroes.

I'm not to sure about the game until I see it in action.

But I know I'm buying a set to get a female Liberator!

As for what I'd like: I hope it's got more depth than Gorechosen and that I can use models I already have in the game, like buy a faction deck for my army and be able to use at least the heroes I already have. 

Hmm, so I actually wonder what level of character we're going to see in Shadespire. Are we actually going to see models at the 'hero' level, or are these more like just named dude at your regular grunt level.

I only say that, because all we've seen so far is 5 Bloodbound Reavers and 3 Liberators. The Liberator-Prime dude looks like he could be a proper character in Age of Sigmar, but the rest don't really look the part. In particular, the Grand Hammer dude just looks like an ordinary Liberator with a Grand Hammer.

This makes me think that the rules are more focused around unit level models, with the ability to make 'cool' looking unit level models or leaders.

I wonder if this means we're more likely to see warscrolls that are more for minor heroes or replace unit champions? e.g Pay 20 points for character X. Choose one Liberator unit, instead of the rules for the Liberator Prime in that unit, use this warscroll instead.

It does worry me a bit though if they are very low level, as to inject new life into existing factions you need something on the parity of a Hero to add a new meaningful ability or command ability into the game. It might be alright if 1 model translates more into a Hero level warscroll, and the rest translate into regular mooks.

e.g Darkling Covens hasn't had any love for a while, lets create a box with a new Darkling Covens hero in it, an Executioner, a Black Guard, Bleaksword and 2 Darkshards.

So I guess if I had any wishlist, it's that based on the information shown so far, that's kinda what I'd like to see. Especially injecting some love into armies that haven't made the transition yet, or have made the transition without getting new models, or sneak peaks at new factions. They're all good cases to get little warbands into Shadespire.

I defintely hope it's a way to show love to some of the less popular armies. Don't really want to see umpteen different Stormcast and Chaos warbands, and then a small smattering of Fyreslayer, Ironjawz and other warbands.

In fact, quite keen to see what a Fyreslayer warband looks like. They're one of those armies that I'm not necessarily that interested in painting 100 fire-haired stunties, but a small crew of 3-10 models would be up my alley.

Im hoping that the cards aren't bought in random packs.  Hopefully, they will just be living card game format and each release gives you all the new cards in one box.  Having played this way with VS System, I really enjoy it.  Albeit, it makes for some limited, optimized play.  

I'm guessing we'll see 3-5 model boxes in different colored plastic (with cards). Something like ivory plastic Undead, green plastic Orks, silver plastic Kharadron Overlords, light blue plastic Aelves, brown plastic Sylvaneth, purple plastic Tzeentch, tan plastic humans, brown plastic Beastmen, turquoise plastic Seraphon, pink plastic Slaanesh (eventually), and black plastic vampires. Others in off shades of these. I think they want to avoid prepainted minis, but something like this would add obvious visual differences.

I think it'll be fixed. Boxes internally balanced against each other. Hence the 3 V 5.
I don't think we'll see monthly individual releases or mix'n'match. You want Stormcast, those are your 3.
Here's the Skaven box. That's your 5 models.

Stormcast MKII - this one's got a Vanguard-Hunter, Gryphhound and 2 Aether Wings in it.
You don't get to mix with the core set Stormcast.

Organised, competitive play. From what I've seen so far the aim is how you play the game, not what you pick. Hence why it'll be broadly picked for.you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived