Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It's clear that the new stuff sells out fast. I am quite happy that the Arcane Journals sell out so fast.

I just wish they'd come back as fast too. I still want a Bretonnian one, and I only have a Tomb Kings one because someone happened to be returning it when I was in Warhammer World.

But yes, I think it's a good sign. People want this stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Any Murmurs in the Wilds of who’s coming after Dwarfs? 

Following the theory about the shields on the rulebook cover it should be Beastmen and WE. It could be HE and Warriors of Chaos too, or course, but somehow WoC feels like the right choice for the last evil army as the main bad guys of the setting.

60012703001_ENGKoBArmyBox9.jpg

Edited by Jator
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Here's Grombrindal. Dunno what the Ungrim clones and Thunderers in awesome arkanaut suits, so sexy and advanced that people should clean their tongue when they speak about them, are supposed to be.

Fixe'd.

• Haha 5

I think it means that there is currently a logistical problem to release such a big release for TOW. GW is swamped with stuff they still need to release for AoS/40K. They already struggle to keep everything in stock for TK, Bretonnia and O&G.

But with the change of scope of the project it seems that their original plans to release Cathay and Kislev are back on the table. Although I would rather see these not to soon. There is still so much to do with the current core factions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

For Old World fans who don't read the AoS Rumour Thread:

Screenshot_20240402-080534.png.3216f466ab730447a898965c143d8178.png

For those don't know @Whitefang has an amazing track record and has (almost?) never been wrong with their hints and rumours.

Tbf if they launched Grand Cathay for TOW I would collect them. I’ve become quite obsessed with imperial China as of late and I’m sure GW could do justice to the concept. 

It probably will not be 1:1 clone to TWW Grand Cathay but if I get the dragon siblings, infantrymen in mountain pattern armour, iron pagoda cavalry and creatures from the Chinese mythology, my wallet will suffer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I think it means that there is currently a logistical problem to release such a big release for TOW. GW is swamped with stuff they still need to release for AoS/40K. They already struggle to keep everything in stock for TK, Bretonnia and O&G.

But with the change of scope of the project it seems that their original plans to release Cathay and Kislev are back on the table. Although I would rather see these not to soon. There is still so much to do with the current core factions.

I think you're right. Additionally, I think a main factor is that they need to get the existing factions they built the game around out first, and thats going to take at least the rest of the year. I also suspect that once that happens we're going to start seeing at least some of the "PDF only" factions. Maybe not all of them, and maybe not right away, but I think its inevitable that at least some are coming.

Edited by GhostShark
  • Thanks 1

Since we, ToW players, also deserve our own baseless rumours to discuss about, I'll share this post from Reddit from the user NadaVonSada:

So this was from the Warhammer Fantasy discord server if anyone cares to see if there was anything I missed out.

• Cathay has a written army list similar to Total War Warhammer's version.

• Skaven were specifically cited as unlikely to appear anytime soon for Old World. (Perhaps it's karma for my post yesterday.) The reason is perhaps the focus of Age of Sigmar's fourth edition.

• Beastmen's armies of infamy include a minotaur horde and a call of the wild army, which uses magic related to the new lore included in the arcane journal.

• Empire's armies of infamy include a Nuln gun army of infamy and a Middenheim army of infamy.

• Various Forge World units, including the skin-wolves, firmer, gore-bull BSB and the peryton, will be returning. It was stated specifically that the chaos mammoth will NOT be returning.

• Apparently, there is an F&Q planned for the arcane journals once all of them have been released.

• Finally, and this one wasn't given much information to it as it was sort of muddled, but there is a long-term plan for Vampire Counts to be the first army to be made core from the missing armies. Though the way it was described it is a far-away concept and you shouldn't expect it soon.

Thank you to Javgoro from the Fantasy Discord for the information.

Honestly, besides the thing about the VC, everything else feels like very safe guesses.
If true, I'd assume Vampires would be the antagonist of an hypothetical second campaign book,  after the one about the Chaos invasion, either jumping to the Vampire wars, or  making up a new event after Magnus vs Asavar to keep the timeline flowing in the same direction.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jator said:

Since we, ToW players, also deserve our own baseless rumours to discuss about, I'll share this post from Reddit from the user NadaVonSada:

Honestly, besides the thing about the VC, everything else feels like very safe guesses.
If true, I'd assume Vampires would be the antagonist of an hypothetical second campaign book,  after the one about the Chaos invasion, either jumping to the Vampire wars, or  making up a new event after Magnus vs Asavar to keep the timeline flowing in the same direction.

I still believe Honest Wargamer’s rumour-guy is genuine since they got the Bone Dragon right, so I’m not buying it that we won’t get the Chaos Mammoth back.

33 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

I still believe Honest Wargamer’s rumour-guy is genuine since they got the Bone Dragon right, so I’m not buying it that we won’t get the Chaos Mammoth back.

A broken clock can always tell the good hour twice in one day. 

Edited by Gaball Slaaneshi
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Segersgia said:

It was a Valrak's rumors indeed and He was right about both Bretonnia and Tomb kings boxes contents !

Valrak predicted also O&G release followed by Dwarfs.

New rumors from Valrak about Empire  :

1) New warmachine

2) New  General

3) New 3 Wizards

So 5 new miniatures all together 

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

It was a Valrak's rumors indeed and He was right about both Bretonnia and Tomb kings boxes contents !

1) New warmachine

2) New  General

3) New 3 Wizards

So 5 miniatures all together 

Uhhhhh a new Warmachine! Interesting. Potential CoS stuff.

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

1) New warmachine

2) New  General

3) New 3 Wizards

So 5 new miniatures all together 

Was it Valrak that said we would get new (as in, resculpted) Knights, Free Company/militia, and great cannon in the box as well, or was that a different source? Curious if we can expect resculpts alongside some completely new models or if it is just these new models (I generally trust Valrak almost as much as Whitefang, given his recent track record).