4 minutes ago, EntMan said:

The Cogsmith/Engineer hasn't been available outside the Start Collecting for some time now. Which is a shame as imho he's the best of the 3 dwarf heroes in Cities. Hopefully he'll stay available in some way if the SC goes.

Hopefully he will also get a workable role beyond giving Helstorm Rocket Batteries reroll hits.

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Hopefully he will also get a workable role beyond giving Helstorm Rocket Batteries reroll hits.

He can also heal(mend?) d3 wounds on Ironweld war machines. But only if he's really close so this is probably never going help steamtanks and 'copters.

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

You're missing Hexbane and his hunters. 

Good catch ! I don't have Underworlds reflex, as I haven't played AoS yet.

On the other hand, as far as the flagellants are concerned, I'm wondering more and more whether we're going to have a new version for them... Maybe GW have simply decided to scrap the concept because it's too WHB-ish. Otherwise I really hope there will be an elite infantry unit. That's my last wish for this COS release.

After your corrections, I see the new warscrolls as follows :

Official :

1. Tahlia Vedra
  2. Alchemite warforger
  3. Freeguild marshall & relic envoy
  4. Freeguild steelhelm
  5. Freeguild cavaliers
  6. Fusil major on ogor warhulk

Pretty safe :

1. War altar ("feretory" according to Saturday's article ?)
  2. (big ?) Canon
  3. Handgunners (with bulwarks ?)

Still a mystery :

1. ? (warrior-priest ?)
  2. ? (elite infantry ?)
  3. ?

Humans :

1. Hexbane
  2. Hexbane hunters
  3. Galen Ven Denst
  4. Doralia Ven Denst
  5. Flagellants (still a doubt)
  6. Battlemage
  7. Battlemage on griffon
  8. Freeguild general on griffon
  9. Luminark of Hysh
  10. Luminark with white mage
  11. Celestial Hurricanum
  12. Celestial Hurricanum with celestial mage
  13. Steamtank
  14. Steam tank with commander

Duardins :

1. Warden king
  2. Runelord
  3. Cogsmith
  4. Longbeards
  5. Hammerers
  6. Irondrakes (confirmed)
  7. Ironbreakers
  8. Gyrocopters
  9. Gyrobombers

Aelves :

1. Dreadlord on black dragon
  2. Sorceress on black dragon
  3. Sorceress
  4. Assassin
  5. Black ark fleetmaster
  6. Black ark corsairs
  7. Black guard
  8. Executionners
  9. Bleakswords
  10. Dreadspears
  11. Darkshards
  12. Scourgerunners chariots
  13. Drakespawn chariots
  14. Drakespawn knights
  15. Dark riders
  16. Kharibdyss
  17. War hydra
  18. Shadow warriors (still a doubt)

This would give us 54 warscrolls.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Draznak said:

On the other hand, as far as the flagellants are concerned, I'm wondering more and more whether we're going to have a new version for them... Maybe GW have simply decided to scrap the concept because it's too WHB-ish. Otherwise I really hope there will be an elite infantry unit. That's my last wish for this COS release.

Official :

1. Tahlia Vedra
  2. Alchemite warforger
  4. Freeguild steelhelm
  5. Freeguild cavaliers

Pretty safe :

2. (big ?) Canon

Still a mystery :

1. ? (warrior-priest ?)
  2. ? (elite infantry ?)
  3. ?

Humans :

1. Hexbane
  2. Hexbane hunters
  3. Galen Ven Denst
  4. Doralia Ven Denst
  6. Battlemage
  7. Battlemage on griffon
  9. Luminark of Hysh
  11. Celestial Hurricanum
  13. Steamtank

Duardins :

1. Warden king
  2. Runelord
  3. Cogsmith
  4. Longbeards
  5. Hammerers
  7. Ironbreakers
  8. Gyrocopters
  9. Gyrobombers

Aelves :

3. Sorceress
  4. Assassin
  5. Black ark fleetmaster
  6. Black ark corsairs
  7. Black guard
  8. Executionners
  9. Bleakswords
  10. Dreadspears
  11. Darkshards
  13. Drakespawn chariots
  14. Drakespawn knights
  15. Dark riders
  16. Kharibdyss
  17. War hydra

Personally, I think Flagellants are pretty likely since they are pretty central to the Cities fluff.

I am also hoping for another gunpowder unit beyond the Handgunners and Cannon. That could be new Outriders, but I think other units would be cooler, such as a small steam vehicle or weapons team.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Official :

1. Tahlia Vedra
  2. Alchemite warforger
  4. Freeguild steelhelm
  5. Freeguild cavaliers

Pretty safe :

2. (big ?) Canon

Still a mystery :

1. ? (warrior-priest ?)
  2. ? (elite infantry ?)
  3. ?

Humans :

1. Hexbane
  2. Hexbane hunters
  3. Galen Ven Denst
  4. Doralia Ven Denst
  6. Battlemage
  7. Battlemage on griffon
  9. Luminark of Hysh
  11. Celestial Hurricanum
  13. Steamtank

Duardins :

1. Warden king
  2. Runelord
  3. Cogsmith
  4. Longbeards
  5. Hammerers
  7. Ironbreakers
  8. Gyrocopters
  9. Gyrobombers

Aelves :

3. Sorceress
  4. Assassin
  5. Black ark fleetmaster
  6. Black ark corsairs
  7. Black guard
  8. Executionners
  9. Bleakswords
  10. Dreadspears
  11. Darkshards
  13. Drakespawn chariots
  14. Drakespawn knights
  15. Dark riders
  16. Kharibdyss
  17. War hydra

Has there been confirmation that the big griffons are staying? 

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Not that I am aware. I would assume they are out, actually, because they are full of Old World iconography.

I'd have to agree with that, but overall I think it fits in quite well with the new aesthetic. 

I find, for example, that one of the freeguild cavaliers' alternative set-ups matches Karl Franz curiously well...

Spoiler

NLaS2yDXeBwUmcfD.jpg

Spoiler

99120202030_KarlFranzonDeathclawDetail2.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Draznak said:

I'd have to agree with that, but overall I think it fits in quite well with the new aesthetic. 

I find, for example, that one of the freeguild cavaliers' alternative set-ups matches Karl Franz curiously well...

Reveal hidden contents

NLaS2yDXeBwUmcfD.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

It's definitely a cool kit, and I would not mind keeping it around. If it stays, that would also make the choice to not have a generic build out for the Manticore kit more understandable.

Are we expecting the demigryphs to disappear and effectively act as Cavalier proxies? I suppose Freeguild Guard will do the same for Steelhelms, though that’s more of a loadout difference for those with spears or halberds.

Incidentally, did anyone catch what’s up with the priest-dude in the Steelhelms kit?

5 hours ago, Fulcanelli said:

Interesting, it's the first mention in AoS of this Cult, right?

In The World-That-Was the Unberogens were a powerful tribe of human barbarians settled in the lands of Reikland, before the Empire was a thing. They were the ancestors of 'modern' empire men; in fact Sigmar was called Sigmar Unberogen when he was born, his father was Bjorn Unberogen.

it's not no, Cult Unberogen is the Cult for Sigmar himself https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Church_Unberogen

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Draznak said:

Hide contents

NLaS2yDXeBwUmcfD.jpg

Hide contents

Even after the End Times, the Franz can't be contained - he lives on in another form to summon the Elector Counts.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Are we expecting the demigryphs to disappear and effectively act as Cavalier proxies? I suppose Freeguild Guard will do the same for Steelhelms, though that’s more of a loadout difference for those with spears or halberds.

Incidentally, did anyone catch what’s up with the priest-dude in the Steelhelms kit?

Demigryphs are monsterous cav and on different base size compare to the new cavaliers (they probably more of a replacement for the long gone Empire knights).

while baring any new unrevealed kits, they would still have a role in cities as their isn’t a unit similar to them but I pretty sure every old empire kits is on the table of being possibly cut.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, novakai said:

Demigryphs are monsterous cav and on different base size compare to the new cavaliers (they probably more of a replacement for the long gone Empire knights).

while baring any new unrevealed kits, they would still have a role in cities as their isn’t a unit similar to them but I pretty sure every old empire kits is on the table of being possibly cut.

See that is one of the units I give pause on. I really thought that GW was cutting a lot bigger chunk from the faction, but it seems like units from Iornweld and collegiate arcane will still be around.

At some point GW will remove all their old units, but it seems like it will take a few more years for that to happen.

The Demigryps is still a pretty good model so I could see it surviving for a bit longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I think the Elves will be OK.

image.png.be10d466d52af0f4219ff07738134aa5.png

Still thinking the dwarf blends more with the human than the elf. I think it's because AoS sigmarite aesthetic is reminiscent of dwarfs especially in SCE (big burly armor, hammers, runes, facemasks with beards). The problem with the elf is I think, the black/purple color scheme that really doesn't blend too well, and all the edgy spikes and skulls he has... I'm betting he has headphones under his helmet blasting some Linkin Park. 
I'd be cool to see reimagined Cities elves later down the line though. With more varied and dynamic poses and less emo looking. 

(Edit : no offense to Dark Elves enjoyers, but I never really clicked with them - I think it's because of that edgy emo aesthetic of theirs. But if you like them it's ok).

17 minutes ago, Dawi not Duardin said:

This action does not have our consent!

...or does it? 🤔

I don't know. Just bring him to his men. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

Those dwarves may be from the old world but they really aren't that old. They came out at the back end of eighth edition, so not long at all before AoS was announced. Given the lead times on new models, especially big waves, thry could well have been designed after the first wave of stormcast and in the same R&D phase that would give us fyreslayers a year or so later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Those dwarves may be from the old world but they really aren't that old. They came out at the back end of eighth edition, so not long at all before AoS was announced. Given the lead times on new models, especially big waves, thry could well have been designed after the first wave of stormcast and in the same R&D phase that would give us fyreslayers a year or so later.

And the remaining dark elves are older that that. If I remember correctly they're 7th edition WFB. So likely from a different R&D phase that wave 1 SCE and Fyreslayers, and that shows imo. 

5 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

Speaking of misterious new kits: I dreamed about it, or Whitefang hinted new Sisters of Sigmar? 

They could replace flagellants or even greatsword, being an elite-great weapon unit.

My poor wallet if this is true...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

Speaking of misterious new kits: I dreamed about it, or Whitefang hinted new Sisters of Sigmar? 

They could replace flagellants or even greatsword, being an elite-great weapon unit.

If I remember correctly, Whitefang said something to the effect that we should not worry about female representation in Cities of Sigmar.

Might well have been a reference to Tahlia Vedra.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1