LVO 2022 Predictions

Kronos

I'm expecting warcry teasers, hopefully announce the spiderverse and conans darkoath warbands to get their own boxes outside of the starter. Suspect we will get another chaos cultist warcry band as thar seems to be the theme, or some new monsters to go with them.

Hoping tome wise we get dates on deepkin/idoneth and some telling on the next tomes (nighthaunt hopefully then after that I feel khorne could use a new tome)

And for my pure hope filled answer a slaves to darkness book or supplement that makes idolators amazing and gives us new super chariots or variant chariots or just make the idolator Lord their own character and let all StD take them... give me the chaos chariot meta damnit! Also I want more lady models released because I need them for conversion purposes and to just generally make my armies more mixed. (Lady freeguild when?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

I'm expecting warcry teasers, hopefully announce the spiderverse and conans darkoath warbands to get their own boxes outside of the starter. Suspect we will get another chaos cultist warcry band as thar seems to be the theme, or some new monsters to go with them.

Hoping tome wise we get dates on deepkin/idoneth and some telling on the next tomes (nighthaunt hopefully then after that I feel khorne could use a new tome)

And for my pure hope filled answer a slaves to darkness book or supplement that makes idolators amazing and gives us new super chariots or variant chariots or just make the idolator Lord their own character and let all StD take them... give me the chaos chariot meta damnit! Also I want more lady models released because I need them for conversion purposes and to just generally make my armies more mixed. (Lady freeguild when?)

There’d be a Warcry logo if we were getting any Warcry. 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, Kronos said:

So what do we think we’re going to be seeing this Thursday/Friday? 

Additionally - what do you want to see as a wild card or Wishlist?

Wade and his dog.  A la his twitter account.  A white board from Pete Foley with a drop.

Orion model as Kurnoth, and pan-elves akin to the Kurnothi Warband from Shadespire.  

On 1/25/2022 at 1:15 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We will almost certainly see the Deepkin tome announced.

I hope we get a combined Dwarf book, but I think a new Fyreslayers book is actually more realistic. EDIT: Going to put my money down and predict combined dwarves.

Apart from that, there is a chance of the Nighthaunt book and model being revealed.

With all that said, I think we all know what we should really expect: Idoneth endless spells 😎

These are pretty sensible and entirely not unrealistic.  Someone has a Palantir :P

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Lightbox said:

If the Dawnbringer Crusade is afoot, I do expect and hope for plenty of female citizens to come out and fight!  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Of course we can play, just probably not win in most cases :D  But we can give them a hell of a fight, or at least a fight, or at least targets.

At least there’s always Stormcast allies/draconiths to aid their fiery comrades and buff up their chances. Fire and Thunder!

Also shout-out to this guy taking his bois to Vegas. Running a heavy hero list, send good vibes his way! :D 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

At least there’s always Stormcast allies/draconiths to aid their fiery comrades and buff up their chances. Fire and Thunder!

Also shout-out to this guy taking his bois to Vegas. Running a heavy hero list, send good vibes his way! :D 

Aw man, painted bases and display board really makes everything pop!  I gotta hit the hobby bench soon.  

On 1/25/2022 at 5:59 AM, mojojojo101 said:

FWIW I want to like Fyreslayers, I really think they have great potential, if nothing else to be a mirror to the matriarchal DoK.  have a couple of paint schemes Id like to tryu with them.

I never thought about Fyreslayers as the opposite of DoK but it's a cool comparison

Should be Fyreslayers vs DOK not IDK

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Should be Fyreslayers vs DOK not IDK

I remember back in 2019 they actually had a really cool White Dwarf battle against eachother. Ur-gold landed beneath a church dedicated to Khaine so the Khainites took it as a divine gift and melted it down to built an Avatar of Khaine out of it. This of course crossed several lines with the local Fyreslayers who hear a piece of their god was turned into the focus of worship for a god of murder(not far off from Grimnir himself when you think about it) and demanded the sacred relic destroyed which resulted in the battle of faith between two Order forces just respecting their deities.

It was a very cool scenario with neither side actually in the wrong but still understandable they came to blows over the situation.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Yeah... that's going in The Book.

The only Book I care about is the Kharadron one of progress that doesn’t stagnant society with pointless grudges. 😛 

“Sky-paths: The Nav-Leagues regularly publish detailed navigational charts describing every known and half-known sky-path within a given region of the Mortal Realms. Each new printing are divided by edition, one for each Mortal Realm, and further subdivided into volumes covering regions of the realm in question.

These tomes are nicknamed The Book by the Kharadron pilots who rely on them. They normally carry with them one version covering the regions they will traverse.”

And Fyreslayers have no book since they combust at their touch(thus they read Braille runes inscribed on metal orbs for their “books”)

Your meme has no power here, Clan Cynic the Grey.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

The only Book I care about is the Kharadron one of progress that doesn’t stagnant society with pointless grudges. 😛 

“Sky-paths: The Nav-Leagues regularly publish detailed navigational charts describing every known and half-known sky-path within a given region of the Mortal Realms. Each new printing are divided by edition, one for each Mortal Realm, and further subdivided into volumes covering regions of the realm in question.

These tomes are nicknamed The Book by the Kharadron pilots who rely on them. They normally carry with them one version covering the regions they will traverse.”

And Fyreslayers have no book since they combust at their touch(thus they read Braille runes inscribed on metal orbs for their “books”)

Your meme has no power here, Clan Cynic the Grey.

You forgot about Barak-Thryng, the traditionalist city who keeps a log of grudges!

THAT'S GOING IN THE BOOK!!!!

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

You forgot about Barak-Thryng, the traditionalist city who keeps a log of grudges!

Ah, the only reason I’d want a Fyreslayer lodge to move in with them.

Burn that log! 🔥 

But at least “That’s going in the Log!” sounds modernized (and probably makes a few Sylvaneth treebeards grin :D )

Edit: oh but I should note Grimnir being a kin to a murder god isn’t too far off from how he can manifest. There’s one notable Flesh Eater Courts battle where their victory over the Fyreslayers was causing a bloodthirsty Grimnir to manifest as an Aspect.

image.jpeg.76b43e984e4fdecd39a324531e5402d3.jpeg

“it's just that in this particular image, he is witness to a battle where the Fireslayers are losing. Since the Gods are powered and shaped by belief, the death of the Fireslayers, who picture him as a giant flaming dwarf, is slowly being replaced by the picture of him as whatever the Flesh Eaters might see him as. 

On the other hand, if it was Nagash who was witness to this battle, and the Fireslayers were winning instead of losing, Nagash might appear as a giant, burning skeleton.”

Edited by Baron Klatz

Predictions:

• Combined Duardin book announced, with Grungi or Grombrindal getting a tease.
  • Kharadron hero or named character
  • Nighthaunt battletome announced, with a single new hero type.
  • Chaos Dwarf team for Blood Bowl

Wishlist;

• Beasts of Chaos battletome announcement, with obligatory plastic hero (Beastlord?)
  • Something grot related (please?)
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am starting to have my doubts about anything great being revealed for AOS. I think that we will get the nighthaunt reveal along with an announcement for the Idoneth book and maybe the Fyreslayer book... but if they are getting souped they will give a glib reminder to stay tuned for a big reveal for all your Duardin needs... or something to that effect. We will get some more Eldar and Chaos reveals followed by an announcement of the new Killteam Box... which I will want but no one in my friend group wants to split the Eldar/Chaos box with me. Necromunda will as always get a cool looking warband that I forget exists in a day or two. I suspect day two will just be a big reveal for Horus Heresy... I heard you like space marines, so I put some space marines in your space marine box, so you can have space marines battle space marines. 😴

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Remember that KOs (even Thryng) don't use the Book of Grudges anymore, but some type of contract-grudge called Rune of Marks:

230px-Grudge-clause_01.png

You will think that they are a bit less grumpy than their old kin, but think twice because we have Grudgehalls, ENTIRE DISTRICTS dedicated to writte and settle grudges made against the Kharadron Society!!

Edited by Beliman
Correction
  • Like 1

Should’ve been Silent People to quiet the ranting. 😛

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

You will think that they are a bit less grumpy than their old kin, but that we  have Grudgehalls, ENTIRE DISTRICTS dedicated to writte and settle grudges made against the Kharadron Society!!

Okay that’s way more badass than a book.

Seems NightHaunt are cornering the giant angry book market anyway. Leave it to Kharadron to be visionaries and have already moved passed that to start a new enterprise of angry sky-halls like a vengeful face constantly staring down at everyone that wronged them. :D 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 1