Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

5 minutes ago, Geoffreyvt said:

Anyone had any interesting lists and battles with our big dragon friends? Seeing a lot of SDG out there, but few Krondys and Karazai... 

I know their points are a bit steep with 600,but it should be possible to run a fun list with them, right? 

They're comically overpriced atm. Bringing such a massively expensive piece whose fate is to get obliterated by the first thing that looks at it funny is hard to justify, even in a casual game.

• Like 4

Yes the twin dragons are umplayable in competitive,no reason to waste 600 points in 18 wounds that gonna die with 18 mortals.

They have stats of 400 karazai and 450 krondys,for 600 they need a ward save of 4 to be somewhat playable.

Only a fast glimpse to glotkin who for only 100 more points have ward of 5 and more damage than karazai while casting two spells as krondys

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Thats very good! Last question i have seen inamy ckmpetitve lists aventis firestrike. Can I give her mount traits? I know its an enchantment but battletome says i just need " tauralon " keyword.. thx a lot:)

No, unique models can never have enhancements.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geoffreyvt said:

Anyone had any interesting lists and battles with our big dragon friends? Seeing a lot of SDG out there, but few Krondys and Karazai... 

I know their points are a bit steep with 600,but it should be possible to run a fun list with them, right? 

First game I played after buying Krondys, I ran the following list. I won vs another Stormcast list

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
- Grand Strategy: 
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Krondys, Son of Dracothion (600)
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- Stormbound Blade
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (215)
- Stormstrike Glaive & Thundershield

Battleline
2 x Dracothian Guard Desolators (220)
2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)
2 x Dracothian Guard Tempestors (220)

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79
Drops: 6

as I don’t have the battletome, I largely ignored any allegiance abilities etc except for Blaze Of Glory

Hey, new stormcast player here. I got a few questions regarding some units ( I'd love input) 

1. New big hero drakes, are they viable? They seem bit over costed, but not the worst thing ive seen. 

2.  Bastian, thought? Good, bad or ok. Please explain your thoughts! 

3. Greathammers, I'd like to run 6 as a hammer. Anyone used them and loved them? They seem good, but not seen them in many lists, why? 

Edited by Kimbo

11 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hey, new stormcast player here. I got a few questions regarding some units ( I'd love input) 

1. New big hero drakes, are they viable? They seem bit over costed, but not the worst thing ive seen. 

3. Greathammers, I'd like to run 6 as a hammer. Anyone used them and loved them? They seem good, but not seen them in many lists, why? 

1. They seem VERY overcosted to me (and a lot of others), I personally wouldn't run them except in pretty casual games. 

2. Seems very good, haven't had the chance to use him yet. Have seen tournament lists use him successfully. 

3. Seem a good hammer as 6, personally haven't used them yet (and I think they're just overshadowed by Fulminators and Drakes). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

1-they are overcosted by 150+ points and arent viable even in casuals games

2- he is pretty good,and amazing against behemats that are the gatekeepers

3-they are ok,they gonna delete every unit that they touch.....but as gotrek they are very slow,so they gonna delete one unit when they fall in deep strike and then wont come close to other unit in all the game

Hi all - another new stormcast player here, took a short break from AOS so using a new army to get back into AOS 3 and hoping to clear my grey piles of shame...

I'd love some thoughts on the below lists using the models I have available to me (on top of the below I also have the rest of Dominion, 15 sequitors, Castellant, Ordinator, Lord Arcanums (foot, Gryph), Vexillor, Gryph hounds, castigators and 6 prosecutors... So unfortunately no paladins or dracoths etc!) - my aim would be to a have a solid list that I can really learn the mechanics of the game with, and hopefully give a fun and balanced game to both me and my future opponents!

Overall they are both stormkeeps (as I'm not too great at the tactical use of scions and I love the idea of lots of redeemers counting for more bodies helping to hold objectives), but one with additional shooting (double tapping raptors) and the other with a run + charge dracoline unit (using the holy command), both backed up by the Celestant prime. I was thinking of translocating a redeemer unit onto objectives early doors and using call for aid (the second holy command in both lists) to mitigate an early lost unit, and then trying to grind the game out. I took a lord ordinator out of the lists for another ballista so I can spread them out a bit. Also Warbringers just for the re-rolls as I think it might be more useful than wards or celestial Vindicators extra dice etc

Let me know what you think! Any comments or suggestions would be welcome :)

- Army Faction: Stormcast Eternals
- Army Type: Stormkeep
- Subfaction: Celestial Warbringers
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
LEADERS
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
- Command Traits: High Priest
- Artefacts of Power: Mirrorshield
- Prayers: Translocation
Knight-Incantor (125)
- Spells: Celestial Blades
BATTLELINE
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)
ARTILLERY
1 x Celestar Ballista (140)
OTHER
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Soulstrike Brotherhood
 -  Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Or

LEADERS
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (200)
- Spells: Azyrite Halo
BATTLELINE
10 x Vindictors (260)
5 x Liberators (115)
- Heavens-wrought Weapon and Sigmarite Shield
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Vindictors (130)
ARTILLERY
OTHER
3 x Evocators on Celestial Dracolines (280)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

19 hours ago, umlaut31 said:

Hi all - another new stormcast player here, took a short break from AOS so using a new army to get back into AOS 3 and hoping to clear my grey piles of shame...

I'd love some thoughts on the below lists using the models I have available to me (on top of the below I also have the rest of Dominion, 15 sequitors, Castellant, Ordinator, Lord Arcanums (foot, Gryph), Vexillor, Gryph hounds, castigators and 6 prosecutors... So unfortunately no paladins or dracoths etc!) - my aim would be to a have a solid list that I can really learn the mechanics of the game with, and hopefully give a fun and balanced game to both me and my future opponents!

Overall they are both stormkeeps (as I'm not too great at the tactical use of scions and I love the idea of lots of redeemers counting for more bodies helping to hold objectives), but one with additional shooting (double tapping raptors) and the other with a run + charge dracoline unit (using the holy command), both backed up by the Celestant prime. I was thinking of translocating a redeemer unit onto objectives early doors and using call for aid (the second holy command in both lists) to mitigate an early lost unit, and then trying to grind the game out. I took a lord ordinator out of the lists for another ballista so I can spread them out a bit. Also Warbringers just for the re-rolls as I think it might be more useful than wards or celestial Vindicators extra dice etc

Let me know what you think! Any comments or suggestions would be welcome :)

LEADERS
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
Knight-Incantor (125)
- Spells: Celestial Blades
BATTLELINE
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)
ARTILLERY
OTHER
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

Or

LEADERS
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (200)
BATTLELINE
10 x Vindictors (260)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Vindictors (130)
ARTILLERY
OTHER
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

I want to say that I am not a competitive AoS player. Depending on what you are looking for there are several directions you can go. Lord-Relictor is great. Longstrikes are really good. Both Liberators with shields and Vindictors are decent/solid battleline choice. Evocators on Dracolines are I think worse then Dracoths (Fulminators and even Concussors) but could be decent in casual game alongside Lord-Arcanum on Dracoline. Balistas are I think to swingy and if you want multiple of them I would put Lord-Ordinator with them.

Have fun and welcome to the Sigmar's chosen.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, Joseph Mackay said:

First game I played after buying Krondys, I ran the following list. I won vs another Stormcast list

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
- Grand Strategy: 
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Krondys, Son of Dracothion (600)
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- Stormbound Blade
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (215)
- Stormstrike Glaive & Thundershield

Battleline
2 x Dracothian Guard Desolators (220)
2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)
2 x Dracothian Guard Tempestors (220)

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79
Drops: 6

as I don’t have the battletome, I largely ignored any allegiance abilities etc except for Blaze Of Glory

All out on the dragon and drakes, like it! 

I had less success. Ran:

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumph: Inspired

LEADERS

Krondys (600)

Lord-Relictor (145)

- General

- Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome

- Spells: Thundershock

- Prayers: Bless Weapons

BATTLELINE

10 x Vindictors (260)

10 x Sequitors (290)

5 x Liberators (115)

OTHER

6 x Castigators (210)

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS

1 x Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

1 x The Burning Head (20)

CORE BATTALIONS

- Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000

1 drop, but didn't do that much. Wanted to focus on redeemer's as I play Hallowed Knights. I had no hammer at all, except for the evocators on dracoline that can deliver a punch. 

Whiffed all my attacks with krondys too.. Throwing 4 1's on his apex maw attack for example... 

Stormcast FAQ is out. Not much in it.

- Drakescale Armour does not reroll saves vs d3 or d6 damage.

- You cannot have multiples of the same Holy Command

The core rules changes that affect Stormcasts are:

- Amulet of Destiny changed to a 6+ ward

- Heroic Recovery only works on a hero out of combat (but heals d3 wounds even if the roll matches bravery)

- Unleash hell shots must target a unit within 6" rather than 9", and only models within 6" of the target can shoot.

EDIT: No points updates yet, I expect those are coming later, as only some factions have had their FAQ published already.

Edited by Dogmantra

I dunno, depending on the situation it might be one of the better defensive options in Stormcast now that Amulet of Destiny dropped to a 6+. Mirrorshield is the other big contender, but depending on who you're facing it could wind up being totally useless, whereas you're likely to get some potential use out of Drakescale armour. I guess Mirrorshield still wins because it specifically blocks snipes on squishy backliners, whereas Drakescale is just generically "take less damage".

That said, Arcane Tome still exists, so I'm wondering if it might all be a moot point.

Edited by Dogmantra

Aha the points updates were hidden on a different page, under downloads rather than FAQ. Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/XTPR7PzBSVcNAAOd.pdf

STORMCAST ETERNALS
WARSCROLL POINTS
Aventis Firestrike, Magister of Hammerhal 310
Gardus Steel Soul 150
Gavriel Sureheart 120
Knight-Draconis 300
Neave Blacktalon 110
Vandus Hammerhand 205
Stormdrake Guard 340
Stormdrake Guard (single) 170

So looks like 10 point drop for a lot of named heroes, and I think 340 was the stated points cost for Stormdrake Guard already?

SCE players honestly ought to be over the moon with this one. Longstrikes, Fulminators left untouched. Nagash and Archaon, two hard match ups as they can be effectively immortal, nerfed almost out the meta. Kragnos loses bonuses vs dragons. Megas lose amulet (so all their models are killable now). Single models at risk from heroic recovery changes. Gotrek up. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Kragnos loses bonuses vs dragons

lol I don't think this one was even on anybody's radar.

No points drops for big dragons. Or... anything I care about. I would call this a win only for SCE metachasers of the kind determined to kill Sigmar in our community, so I'm chalking it up as an 'L' on my board here.