Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

I hope so, I don't want it to be in every list. It's good and a nice force multiplier and that's how it should stay. 

Also, a bit ago I put up a pic listing all the 3+/3+/-1 profiles in the book but it seems to be removed. Is that because of a rule of not screenshotting book contents or because it seemed negative? To be clear, I only put that up as a reference (and because I found it funny that a Wight king has the same profile as a vampire lord) and not to complain. 

Mods were pretty clear leaked pictures are not allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FeralMulan said:

Mods were pretty clear leaked pictures are not allowed.

Awesome thanks! I must've missed that, haven't been here long. 

Was worried I was coming across as too critical. I have plenty of criticisms about the book but I have also found things I like and In excited to play them nonetheless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FeralMulan said:

Then again, melee Deathstars aren't exactly the flavour of this month, so who knows if this will matter. 

Fixed. AoS 3.0 is around the corner and nobody knows what are we going to play with.

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Fixed. AoS 3.0 is around the corner and nobody knows what are we going to play with.

Eerrm. Yeah. That's what flavor of the month means. The phrase I used deliberately to evoke this exact sentiment.

What are you trying to say exactly?

Thoughts on fitting in a Black Coach into a Blood Knight list? 

It doesn't seem to lose much synergy outside of Nighthaunt, it's pretty self sufficient. 

It is also a decent source of mortal wounds, it does MW on 6s to hit and has two abilities to give out d3 MW. 

It's probably not the best choice but perhaps it could be viable? 

Didn't want to sound rude.

I just wanted to say that in 3 weeks (or a bit more), we are going to play with a new set if rules that, maybe, are going to change the whole meta/ fotm.

I hope to see an improvement to melee armies.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Is trying to squeeze Vhordrai, Manfred and a coven throne in one list a bit much? 😅

4 units of 5 Blood Knights to round it off and see what happens...

Think I’ll be running the same, but swapping the Coven Throne for a Vengorian Lord 

41 minutes ago, FeralMulan said:

God I really want the Coven Throne to be good. I genuinely think the spell can be good if it goes off as you can shut down an important enemy unit with her. Imagine stopping a greater demon or a blob of Boars from doing ANYTHING for a turn. Then again, melee Deathstars aren't exactly the flavour of the month, so who knows if this will matter. 

But maybe the CA will be enough. Having all 3 buffs in one package is worthwhile on its own I feel.

The point about the spell is that it only shutdowns attacks against the throne itself

2 minutes ago, Charleston said:

The point about the spell is that it only shutdowns attacks against the throne itself

If you uses this spell againsts a big monster and, futhermore, you charge him, you will stop this monster during one turn.

Edited by Sartxac

5 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

Where i can find the warscroll of Neferata and Skellies? I undestand spanish.

on the soulblight facebook group but they have been translated already, we have quite a firm grip on what they do

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

on the soulblight facebook gropu but the have been translated already, we have quite a firm grip on what they do

OK, unfortunately i don't have facebook. I have enough with other social networks. 

I'm still tinkering with a LoN list with Manny, more casual/narrative, but would still like to be reasonably functional.  Current versions:

Spoiler

~ List One ~

Troll:
380 - manny

core bait block:
140 - vlord
125 - necro
 80 - cart
230 - 40 zombies

outflanking hammers:
195 - 5 blood knights
305 - TG

screen
135 - 10 wolves

campers:
255 - 30 skittles

for flavor:
155 - 3 vargheists

~List Two~

Troll:
380 - manny

Core bait block:
125 - necro
 80 - cart
230 - 40 zombies
170 - 20 skittles

Outflanking Hammers:
140 - vlord
280 - 20 grave guard
305 - terrorgheist

Screen:
135 - 10 wolves

For flavor:
155 - 3 vargheists

Any advice on which is better between the two, or how to improve either?  Core elements that need to stay include Manny, Necro, Cart, Zombies, and Terrorgheist.  Would prefer to include at lest 3 vargheists for flavor, but could be talked out of it.

5 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

Will it be in any way viable to run a monster mash list entirely of dragons, gheists and vengorians?

I think that the outpot of damage is insufficient in comparisson with other similar types of contructions like orcs, beastclaw riders or fec.

I think more in a fast army (Blood K, Mannfred, wolves, etc) with some good tanky lines and a few monsters deployed.

Edited by Sartxac

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

It is also a decent source of mortal wounds, it does MW on 6s to hit and has two abilities to give out d3 MW. 

Only the Scythe deals MWs on 6s and the abilities are pretty mediocre and random. You also need to wait for level 3-5 before they kick in. The Coach is bad in NH and hardly better in SGL, we have much much better options. If you already have one and like the model, which you should because its godlike, then go for it. Other than "rule of cool" there is no reason to take it.

Edited by umpac

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

Thoughts on fitting in a Black Coach into a Blood Knight list? 

It's probably not the best choice but perhaps it could be viable? 

I mean, it's considered pretty terrible in nighthaunt lists, who do get some amount of synergy with it.  Even if it were a native army choice and its healing worked on SG units, it would still be a bad choice better left on the display shelf.

We're expecting a new nighthaunt battletome in the not-too-distant future.  Since the coach is kind of universally acknowledged as bad in its current form, one would hope for it to see some significant improvements which might make it more viable as an ally choice as well.  Until then, I would instead recommend asking your opponents if they'd let you use it as a proxy for a mortis engine or coven throne.  I doubt it would be a problem in casual local games at least.

1 minute ago, Sception said:

I mean, it's considered pretty terrible in nighthaunt lists, who do get some amount of synergy with it.  Even if it were a native army choice and its healing worked on SG units, it would still be a bad choice better left on the display shelf.

We're expecting a new nighthaunt battletome in the not-too-distant future.  Since the coach is kind of universally acknowledged as bad in its current form, one would hope for it to see some significant improvements which might make it more viable as an ally choice as well.  Until then, I would instead recommend asking your opponents if they'd let you use it as a proxy for a mortis engine or coven throne.  I doubt it would be a problem in casual local games at least.

Must have not played NH for a while. At it's current 220p, I almost never leave home without it. 

That being siad, it's not like it makes NH a good faction. :D

This talk about allying in Nighthaunt reminds, though:

At the moment, we can still ally in that Nighthaunt Hexwraith battalion (Emerald Host?) which provides a bodyguard ability to the general.

It's not like our generals are fragile (mostly 3+ saves and a bunch of wounds) or really all that important anymore, but it does serve a crucial function in the army: Allowing you to proxy your Black Knights as a unit with a decent warscroll.