Pure Cavalary Army

Skarband

Ossiarch Bonereapers with a large army of Deathriders backed up with Liege-Kavalos and Arch-Kavalos Zandtos. 

If you take just Liege Kavalos and Deathriders you can get 52 all cavalry models on the table (2 Liege Kavalos - 2 units of 15 deathriders, 2 units of 10 deathriders). Suffice it to say they hit hard, though it might feel like its missing some support if you don't take the other support leaders. You could swap one body of riders for a harvester. 

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Ossiarch Bonereapers with a large army of Deathriders backed up with Liege-Kavalos and Arch-Kavalos Zandtos. 

If you take just Liege Kavalos and Deathriders you can get 52 all cavalry models on the table (2 Liege Kavalos - 2 units of 15 deathriders, 2 units of 10 deathriders). Suffice it to say they hit hard, though it might feel like its missing some support if you don't take the other support leaders. You could swap one body of riders for a harvester. 

This sound amazing i thing the obr work only with mortek spam i try to make list thanks so much

Mortek Guard backed up with harvesters is a very powerful setup. Before corona there was one deathrider heavy army that did win at events. That said it was back in the +1 save era which generally meant you could put anything in an Ossiarch army and it would work. 

I think 50 odd Deathriders can work, but it might be a bit of a one-trick-pony and might suffer from a lack of support. That said if you just want it for fun I'm sure it will look awesome! Thing is you could cut it down to 30 (at least 10 Deathriders in 3 units) and free up a load of points for some additional support. You'd still have a lot of cavalry to work with. 

I dont know how competitive they would be, but a CoS: Tempest Eye has 9 different cavalry/ chariot units,  9 mounted heroes, not to mention gyrocopters, steam tanks and access to stormcast cavalry and the Kharadron boats.

The question is what kind of cavalry do you want to play?  Are you looking for glorious massed lines charging with their lances held high, or do you want to have the speed and agility harry your opponent while remaining just out of their reach?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skarband said:

I whant massed Line  charging  with their lances swords xD and brake enemy lines

Demigryph Knights of Cities can fight in such a style.  They even have lances as weapon option. They can be quite good both in Hammerhal and in Tempest Eye. I do advice taking some Pistoliers or at least Outriders for ranged support and objective control. Hurricanum is kinda cavalry as well, so it can fit this theme as a great support piece.

9 hours ago, Zeblasky said:

Demigryph Knights of Cities can fight in such a style.  They even have lances as weapon option. They can be quite good both in Hammerhal and in Tempest Eye. I do advice taking some Pistoliers or at least Outriders for ranged support and objective control. Hurricanum is kinda cavalry as well, so it can fit this theme as a great support piece.

Yeah this is what i was going to same.

Slaves to Darkness ruinbringer battalion I'd say fits the bill. Bring a lord on Karkadrak or Demonic mount and 4-8 units of  knights, marauder horsemen and chariots to all do additional mortal wounds on the charge. Just sprinkle in a Warhsrine, maybe a sorceror mounted on a manticore and you got a solid enough cavalry army, which is fairly potent.

You could also dig deeper into an Archaon + varanguard if that counts as a cavalry army ;) 

If you like boars, Ironjawz with a focus on Gore Gruntas is also very playable or run Big Waagh with some savage boarboyz for more variation.

• Like 2

In CoS both Hammerhal and Tempest's Eye can do proper pure cavalry lists (both battalion based) that both had reasonable degree of success in larger tournaments. It's also the easiest army to branch out into other cavalry units and chariots. There's a lot of choice and most of them are considered good, or at least tolerable.

And apart from those two known to be good, people have also got to high places in tournaments with things like mass drakespawn knights that no one before  suspected could work, so there are clearly additional possibilities.

And it's better than some alternatives mentioned in a sense you won't be spamming a single unit over and over again, but you can actually have some variety.

And Slaves to Darkness are a solid alternative, with both several units to choose from and some rules support for pure cavalry armies as well.

How serious are you about this? Because if you are truly serious:   Slaves to Darkness, Knights of the Empty Throne .

You have Varanguard Cavalry counting as Leaders (4x units of 3)'

Then for battleline you have 10x Chaos Knights; 10x Chaos Knights; 10x Marauder Horseman

That's 42x mounted figures clocking in at 1980pts. 

53 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

How serious are you about this? Because if you are truly serious:   Slaves to Darkness, Knights of the Empty Throne .

You have Varanguard Cavalry counting as Leaders (4x units of 3)'

Then for battleline you have 10x Chaos Knights; 10x Chaos Knights; 10x Marauder Horseman

That's 42x mounted figures clocking in at 1980pts. 

Wouldn’t you still need to have a hero to be the general? Don’t have the wording near me, but I thought varanguard become leaders (So gain command abilities, traits etc) but still you need a hero for the general? 

You need Squigs, my friend. 

Boingrot Bounders are veteran cavalry, elevated to elite status by surviving one single battle; armoured Grots bouncing in and doing Mortal Wounds on the charge, plus bonuses to their wound rolls and damage.  They want to charge, keep charging then charge again.  A proper cavalry army.

This list gets you plenty little guys, where every model is a threat (and all your cav can come back when it dies):

Spoiler

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz (Jaws of Mork)

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Overbounder
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
- Artefact: Syari Screamersquig

Battleline
15 x Squig Hoppers (270)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)

Units
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Battalions
Moon Jumper Stampede (140)
Moon Jumper Stampede (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 158

If you check out  Adam Slovak (Czech ETC captain) on Twitter, you can see the list he's been running and doing really well with:

https://twitter.com/Pejzub

It's not all cavalry, and honestly it will be better because of that, but it gives you an idea.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kramer said:

Wouldn’t you still need to have a hero to be the general? Don’t have the wording near me, but I thought varanguard become leaders (So gain command abilities, traits etc) but still you need a hero for the general? 

The errata for the Wrath of the Everchosen book gives the Varanguard the HERO keyword. 

• Thanks 1