Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

18 minutes ago, rbstr said:

I figure a new army is going to have what? 15-20 Units? OBR has I think 18 + terrain and spells. And some are dual kits, so like 16-17ish total kits.

How many more do we need to get there? Got the spear-pokers, archers, cow-helmets (dual or weapon option), horses, big cow (dual kit), empty guy, mage, veilgirl, god duo.

So either we've seen about half or its a tiny faction.

My bets are a hero or two, a bolt-thrower-like, something kind of monster/rider that flys.

OBR has 13 new kits and 4 from LoN. Then 3 of those are unique characters. In terms of generic new units they have 10. 

All in all a small faction but super playable that’s why I’m not worried even if Lumineth are a small range between sub factions and all the extras they will be very playable. I have played IJ for years and before getting sucked in warclans they were 8 warscrolls (kinda 9 now due to rogue idol) but still very playable. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

I'm too scared to hope... 

Scenario A: They show us the veiled lady, possible generic hero and that will be the entire range.

Scenario B: They dump a load more models in our lap including generic hero, Tyrion, second elemental sub-culture elite etc.

Scenario 😄 They show us Endless Spells and Terrain Piece 

I still have my fingers crossed for Scenario B since they have done an awful lot of teasing for what may end up being one of the smallest factions in AOS. However, I think that if they know the lockdown means we don't actually get to buy the models until end of May/early June or even later, they may drip-feed tiny reveals every week until then, in which case I will lose my mind and be submitted to a psychiatric institute.

That sounds about right. 

I hope for B (with a bit question mark over Tyrion though), but sadly think it's A. Still, it would be strange if after all the talk about nations and the 4 elemental factions, if they then just release the basic troops and units from one of those (both the Stoneguard and Avalenor are from Ymetrica, so it looks like the nations and elements largely overlap, e.g. the mountain temple representing Ymetrica). In addition, they must at least have one more big "WOW" unit (big monster, war machine etc.) out there to show us. But who knows, we haven't received even the hint of a new unit for a long time (besides Scinari Cathaller), and nothing at all the whole week. 

Hopefully whatever scenario it is, they'll finally let us know the full range of units that they are going to release for the Lumineth this time. I'm on the opposite side of Sttufe, I'm not enjoying this drip-feeding at all anymore. There is other stuff out there that they could do to keep us interested after they revealed the range of units (mechanics, warscrolls, spells etc.)

I’m almost certain all we’ll see this Saturday is the conformation of the vailed lady, even if there’s more to the range they haven’t shown. That army shot at the end of the reveal traitor we got in the first preview seems to be the vid they planned on showing us originally, so I don’t expect at all that we’ll see much else, thinking about it. We might get more further down the line, if there actually is other models/units we haven’t seen, but I think we’ve seen what we were meant to see for now.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Where did you read/hear this? I don't remember coming across this and I dont want to miss any new lore!

It's from the 1st Twitch preview.

Until I knew the names of the nations, I couldn't understand what Phil said. But listening to them again after the Hysh article, you can hear him saying that the Stoneguard revere the everliving Ymetrica Longhorn (which is the beast shown on their flag), and that's why those mountain spirits look like they do. And that Avalenor comes from Ymetrica. It's both in the same interview, just mentioned a bit apart from each other. 

25 minutes ago, Matt Sandi said:

What are the chances of being able to use  other elven factions in a  lumineth army in a similar way to Barak Thryng in Kharadron?  Would love to be able to use phoenix guard etc or some eels in there aside from allies...

The Phoenix Temple would fit so well from its background that it could actually be part of the Lumineth. And as the Idoneth were created by Teclis, there is also the possibility that they change the storyline in a way it would make sense that one of the kingdoms there could become an ally.  

But that leaves out mechanics, and we have no idea so far. They haven't given any hints about this matter at all. 

I am still excited for the army release, I'm just being greedy for MOAR MODELZZZ

I've tested a colour scheme out now - I've pinched the bronze and purple palette from the Sisters of Silence on the GW site and I'm going for a darker feel to the Light Elves :D  Something something starlight, eclipse, something something....

I was considering gambling on Cities of Sigmar allies and painting up some Shadow Warriors - they are always useful, whoever your army is.

I think I'm also going to knock up some terrain features to match my army while I wait. In the meantime, I would much prefer to see all of the models, then be drip-fed warscrolls and rules for the next who-knows-how-many months.

I'm really in two minds about the reveal. I want to see new models, and i expect threre are more, the current count is too low for such a heavyweight in customer interest :PBUT i fear they might hold on to another big reveal to loose when they know their factories will be back up and running to fire up hype immediately before release.

1 hour ago, Lucur said:

I'm really in two minds about the reveal. I want to see new models, and i expect threre are more, the current count is too low for such a heavyweight in customer interest :PBUT i fear they might hold on to another big reveal to loose when they know their factories will be back up and running to fire up hype immediately before release.

The sad thing is that you're probably right.

The saddest thing is, for all I'll rage and complain, I'll still behave exactly as they expect and buy the lot whenever it comes out.

• Like 1

Quoted from their advertisement of tomorrow’s preview:

Excited? You should be – from models you’ve been looking forward to for years to things you never even knew you wanted, this is going to be the most exciting Warhammer Preview Online so far!.

This can online interpreted in one way: We’ll see Tyrion tomorrow. RIGHT??? (eye twitch) 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

This can online interpreted in one way: We’ll see Tyrion tomorrow. RIGHT??? (eye twitch) 

Or something 40k.

Seriously, we need to have elven longevity to see this full preview!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

PleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrionpleaseletitbeTyrion...

Tyrion will be show, but he will be a half bull half elf.

With wings. With a montain on his shoulders and 8 hats representing the realms of Hysh.

And he will be sideways place on top of a Narval, the spirit of the water, both with really thin weapons and horn to help on transport.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Tyrion will be show, but he will be a half bull half elf.

With wings. With a montain on his shoulders and 8 hats representing the realms of Hysh.

And he will be sideways place on top of a Narval, the spirit of the water, both with really thin weapons and horn to help on transport.

That's really odd, I heard the Narval will be on top of Tyrion's 8 peak hat, and balancing on a tip toe jumping off a forward placing rock. I heard it comes with it's own edge to make sure it can stand on hills!

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Tyrion was just a generic golden boy on Gandalf’s horse the most boring Elf character

Id rather had Alith Anar, Bellanear or Imrik (but I think he will come with Malerion) 

And we got Eltharion so its fine for me. 

Kind of why I am looking forward to a new Tyrion.  Besides his illicit love affair with Alarielle, his character was just Elf Hercules.  Proud, strong, prone to bouts of rage if challenged, etc.  I’m hoping in AoS his character has evolved.  It gives me hope that it was Tyrion who convinced Teclis to spare the Iodeneth when Teclis wanted to commit genocide, against Tyrion’s old habit of “use profound force against anyone who disagrees with me”.

Also kind of looking forward to the ally opportunities between Aelf factions that I am hoping to see.  Would love to see Tyrion/Teclis able to field phoenix guard alongside their own forces.

Edited by Nightseer2012
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Kind of why I am looking forward to a new Tyrion.  Besides his illicit love affair with Alarielle, his character was just Elf Hercules.  Proud, strong, prone to bouts of rage if challenged, etc.  I’m hoping in AoS his character has evolved.  It gives me hope that it was Tyrion who convinced Teclis to spare the Iodeneth when Teclis wanted to commit genocide, against Tyrion’s old habit of “use profound force against anyone who disagrees with me”.

Also kind of looking forward to the ally opportunities between Aelf factions that I am hoping to see.  Would love to see Tyrion/Teclis able to field phoenix guard alongside their own forces.

Honestly I'm really hoping for a Kenshi from mortal Kombat vibe, sort of zen samurai thing 

13 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

The only thing I have been waiting for for years is Angron or Vulkan, as much as I want Tyrion 

• LOVE IT! 1