Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do we have any idea who our generic Prince / Noble equivalent like character is yet?  Eltharion / Mad Cow with Hammer seem to be the only close combat heroes atm.

No, we haven’t. There is only one unit which they have shown to us, but we don’t really know what she is - Scinari Cathaller - the veiled lady with the aetherquartz brazier. 

A generic hero on a mount is what many people assume the Lumineth will get, but we haven’t seen even a hint of of such a unit yet. 

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

A generic hero on a mount is what many people assume the Lumineth will get, but we haven’t seen even a hint of of such a unit yet

I really hope we do get a non-monster mounted hero.  Heroes are so intrinsic to the game that lacking a hero that can keep up with cavalry (and is not expensive points-wise) can be a big disadvantage.  I feel the lack in Cities especially, where you have numerous cavalry units but have to invest big points in a hero that can buff them.  I'd love to use cavalry, but without proper hero support their uses often become fairly limited  ( my Ironjawz could do with one too ).

• Like 5

Just any type of generic hero really. Right now there are only two non-character heroes shown and one of those is a huge monster. It’s incredibly paltry compared to any other faction. Special characters are cool and all but there should be a healthy amount of options for those of us who would rather not use special characters.

• Like 2

Don't know how on topic it is, but I think I already pinned down a future Armies on Parade piece of terrain and setting for this army:

https://www.hirstarts.com/temple/temple.html

I don't know how big or how much of my 2X2 square this would take up, but I think it's worthy to try and make something awesome out of it. The Temple floor may be a bit barren, or I might try to get my hands on a Recast model of the OOP teclis to make a statue, but I can imagine my lumineth army defending this temple from  an army of Skeletons I have laying around, and I'm thinking this may be fun to try.

I'm also thinking of Designing the temple floor with The Symbol of Hysh if I can get that down by that time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Don't know how on topic it is, but I think I already pinned down a future Armies on Parade piece of terrain and setting for this army:

https://www.hirstarts.com/temple/temple.html

I don't know how big or how much of my 2X2 square this would take up, but I think it's worthy to try and make something awesome out of it. The Temple floor may be a bit barren, or I might try to get my hands on a Recast model of the OOP teclis to make a statue, but I can imagine my lumineth army defending this temple from  an army of Skeletons I have laying around, and I'm thinking this may be fun to try.

I'm also thinking of Designing the temple floor with The Symbol of Hysh if I can get that down by that time.

Sounds intriguing! How are you going to make it less Roman and more Aelven.....? 

12 minutes ago, Ian Wallsh said:

Sounds intriguing! How are you going to make it less Roman and more Aelven.....? 

Short answer is that I'm probably not going to aside from adding the Light symbol to the temple floor and the statue of Teclis there, as this is going to be a big enough project without that, and It still fits with the Roman aesthetic that the dawn riders and phalanx has. I think other ways I could try is by adding Runes on the columns or around the base, but my freehand is next to nothing on something so small. I think I may just have a Roman temple in that way with some elf bits if I have any around.

Could also have a cop out of saying it's a human built temple to teclis that the Lumineth are protecting.

Edited by Acid_Nine

5 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

This rumor engine is my lasting hope for some more units or heroes to come as it does not match anything we have seen yet and has the same tassles as the other units in the lumineth range.

20190903.jpg

Tassels don't look like they are blowing in the wind enough to fit the Lumineth.

Maybe it has been discussed before- but the almost apocalyptic use of Magic by the Lumineth during their civil War(s) led me to some wishlisting:
I was mainly thinking about the role of "Artillery" Units in a Lumineth Army, which could be filled by a cadre of Mages whos sole Job it is to rain death onto the enemy.

2 or 3 Casters on a Single Base who focus Light or destroy enemies with their negative Emotions (also see Scinari Cathallar, as others have pointed out, she could be channeling the Emotions of the Lumineth around her). 

This could be a fun concept which, to my limited knowledge, has not been on the AoS tables before: 
For example a 120x92mm Base with 3 or 4 Mages who are fairly fragile but can dish out large amounts of damage. :D Maybe that would not correspond well with the Lore we have, the Lumineth are making amends with the Spirits of Hysh afterall, but who knows? 
It could even be a multi kit with various rules: You can put 4 River mages or 2 Earth Mages and 2 Zenith Mages together and combine the different Elements as you like!
Let's take this further by cocneptualising a mock up Unit:
"Lumineth Battle Mage Cadre" 
Made up of one Mage from each Element, 4" Movement (cause they are so focused on their rituals), 6+ Save, 8 Wounds, 7 Bravery
120x92mm Base (like a Warplightning Cannon for ex.)
1 Missile Attack: "Fused Elemental Beam", 4 Attacks, 3+, 2+, -2 Rend, D6 Damage, 32" Range 
4 Melee Attacks, each Mage Attacks with their elemental speciality . (shrapnel Rocks, Hot Air,  I dont know :D)

Some ability along the Lines we have already seen in the Game, "Arcane Channeling" -  "When an attempt to cast a spell wholly whithin 12" of the Lumineth Battle Mage Cadre was succesful and not unbound, increase the Attack Characteristic of the Cadre by 2."

They would not be able to cast or unbind Spells themselves, but they could have an innate buff for other Lumineth Mages or Spirits. 
So in the end you would have an "Artillery" Model without the Keywords "War Machine" or "Behemoth". 
Quarantine is not good for me ..... 😁 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Maybe it has been discussed before- but the almost apocalyptic use of Magic by the Lumineth during their civil War(s) led me to some wishlisting:
I was mainly thinking about the role of "Artillery" Units in a Lumineth Army, which could be filled by a cadre of Mages whos sole Job it is to rain death onto the enemy.

2 or 3 Casters on a Single Base who focus Light or destroy enemies with their negative Emotions (also see Scinari Cathallar, as others have pointed out, she could be channeling the Emotions of the Lumineth around her). 

This could be a fun concept which, to my limited knowledge, has not been on the AoS tables before: 
For example a 120x92mm Base with 3 or 4 Mages who are fairly fragile but can dish out large amounts of damage. :D Maybe that would not correspond well with the Lore we have, the Lumineth are making amends with the Spirits of Hysh afterall, but who knows? 
It could even be a multi kit with various rules: You can put 4 River mages or 2 Earth Mages and 2 Zenith Mages together and combine the different Elements as you like!
Let's take this further by cocneptualising a mock up Unit:
"Lumineth Battle Mage Cadre" 
Made up of one Mage from each Element, 4" Movement (cause they are so focused on their rituals), 6+ Save, 8 Wounds, 7 Bravery
120x92mm Base (like a Warplightning Cannon for ex.)
1 Missile Attack: "Fused Elemental Beam", 4 Attacks, 3+, 2+, -2 Rend, D6 Damage, 32" Range 
4 Melee Attacks, each Mage Attacks with their elemental speciality . (shrapnel Rocks, Hot Air,  I dont know :D)

Some ability along the Lines we have already seen in the Game, "Arcane Channeling" -  "When an attempt to cast a spell wholly whithin 12" of the Lumineth Battle Mage Cadre was succesful and not unbound, increase the Attack Characteristic of the Cadre by 2."

They would not be able to cast or unbind Spells themselves, but they could have an innate buff for other Lumineth Mages or Spirits. 
So in the end you would have an "Artillery" Model without the Keywords "War Machine" or "Behemoth". 
Quarantine is not good for me ..... 😁 

In all honesty I was just hoping for a bolt thrower if that wouldn't be too much to ask. I was looking at the rules for the old eagle bolt throwers and I wish we still had those to be honest...

• Like 1

Yeah I would be over the moon if we could get a Bolt Thrower. I always liked the Details like the staked ammunition. Whats not to like? ^^   Simple yet elegant, efficient, deadly, you can have several of them and they look formidable. 
If Lumineth get some sort of Warmachine, I would like to theme my army around them, like some sort of "Siege Combat Group" or a defensive Garrison to defend a glittering Lumineth Outpost.

616X8dDgrOL._AC_.jpg

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Yeah I would be over the moon if we could get a Bolt Thrower. I always liked the Details like the staked ammunition. Whats not to like? ^^   Simple yet elegant, efficient, deadly, you can have several of them and they look formidable. 
If Lumineth get some sort of Warmachine, I would like to theme my army around them, like some sort of "Siege Combat Group" or a defensive Garrison to defend a glittering Lumineth Outpost.

616X8dDgrOL._AC_.jpg

you and me both. I mean we could use the Celestar Ballista as a proxy, but it's not the same at all. Do you know any non-GW products for this?

14 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

you and me both. I mean we could use the Celestar Ballista as a proxy, but it's not the same at all. Do you know any non-GW products for this?

I came across this miniatures from "Gamezone" , they seem to be modeled after the old Warhammer Fantasy Line, even having "Empire", "Chaos", "Vampires", "Feudal Knights" and so on.
http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/elves/130-lanzavirotes-elfico.html

• Like 1

So after my initial disappointment and long time mulling things over, I’ve done a full 180 on these guys, like a few of you have. The cow giant is freaking cool and I’m okay now with hammers on Elves. In fact that picture someone posted a page or so back made me really like the elite hammer guard dudes, even their helmets. Also interested to see how much more there is. If there’s more than a couple of generic leader options it’d be icing on the cake.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

So after my initial disappointment and long time mulling things over, I’ve done a full 180 on these guys, like a few of you have. The cow giant is freaking cool and I’m okay now with hammers on Elves. In fact that picture someone posted a page or so back made me really like the elite hammer guard dudes, even their helmets. Also interested to see how much more there is. If there’s more than a couple of generic leader options it’d be icing on the cake.

I'm glad it's not just me! I can't see them not releasing a generic hero or two purely because if there were no generic heroes then there would be no artefacts or command traits, which I can't see happening. 

I'm absolutely itching to get my hands on some of these models now. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

I'm glad it's not just me! I can't see them not releasing a generic hero or two purely because if there were no generic heroes then there would be no artefacts or command traits, which I can't see happening. 

I'm absolutely itching to get my hands on some of these models now. 

I'm sure Mountain Spirith has unnamed version but yes, there must be unnamed aelven character.

8 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Great to see that you came to like them. The pollaxe like hammers are awesome. 

I'm sure they'll get at least a generic leader along the lines of an Akhelian King/Liege-Kavalos. Just two mages (if Cathaller is one) would be also not much for such a mage heavy faction. 

And we know they'll have artifacts as we have already seen at least one in the card stack that comes with the starter box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just spit balling regarding heroes.  What if the unit leaders are mini heroes able to take artifacts/traits? 

They did have something early on about the unit leaders being fairly significant. Could work like a Bonereaper Hekatos on steroids. This could increase hero options whilst only releasing a couple of generic mages. 

• Like 2

They seem to be something like that. You probably mean this quote here, right (from Lowdown 2)? 

Easily identified by their decorative back-banners, the High Wardens direct the warriors under their command and channel the magic of Hysh into their enchanted weapons to the utter ruin of their enemies.

In addition, one of the High Wardens they showed in that lowdown had a wand-like object in his hand instead of a sword. So they could be something like that.

My guess is that they use the aetherquartz tokens we have seen to provide buffs for their group. So, kind of a mix between KO limited resources and Ossiarch RDP.

But if they would behave even more like mini-heroes that could be also very interesting. (As long as we get a few more normal heroes too. I want to see more models of this range, lol.)

• Like 2

That got me thinking about the Alarith Mountain Spirit; we know Avalenor is a named character, but do we think the generic version will be both a hero and monster (like a Treelord Ancient) or just a monster (like a Ghorgon)? Could be another reason we haven't seen too many generic heroes yet. 

Edited by Jaskier