Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

8 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

My only fear is that we won't be competative without Teclis now. I love that pointy ****** but I hope he isn't in the "too good to miss out on" territory.

Also still holding out on a Loremaster or archmage type hero... holding out for a hero till at least the end of the night.

I think he may end up being not very competitive (obviously all final  judgement reserved till I have the book) As he’s 660 and cheaper than the other big two as such I don’t think he will have amazing defensive stats on top of his magic. This means shooting armies will have an easy time vs lists with him and even things like Tzeentch between lords of change and their other rules they can fairly easily shut down casting rolls of 10. 

I love this kind of big beasty wizzard (teclis ), rule wise, too bad that I don't like the miniature. And the rest of the range doesn't weight enough to make me invest in this army....Except...

Except the big question mark: who are the allies? I'd like to put Eltharion in some order armies. Eltharion is a steal at  220: you can even put him as ally in other armies ,  Put him with your battlelines, making your front line super powered. He doesn't need any other CA or rules to be efficient. For example (if it is possible), just put him with few stormcast and you have  a cheap central heavy hammer (or anvil, depend on strategy, the guy is super armored tank) . As a bonus, it will be cheap in £$€ because it is only a tiny single (empty!!! lol) char with bigger base.  Just for this, I'll put him with my stormy boyz 😜

Overall its great to see this many news :D
Can't wait to "entomb" the Undead with this new Spell ^^

I aleady started Listbuilding because seeing the pointcosts got me excited again:
(just going for the Models I like)
1 Stonemage as General

1 Scinari Cathallar

2x 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens
2x 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels
overall 790 Points
(-room for endless Spells) to go up to 1000 (for now) :P

It is interesting that the Sentinels are also named with both prefixes (Vanari Auralan) --> before they were only named as "Auralan" .... :D
I may invest predominantly into the Sentinels to send deadly arrow barrages as befits the (A)Elves.

2 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

Tzeentch between lords of change and their other rules they can fairly easily shut down casting rolls of 10. 

For 660pts you can have a bunch of casters, or kairos/LoC+caster, having more flexibility and more cast/abilities. Example: kairos+gaunt => 5 spells+free summon (and more HP, partially look  out sir!)

13 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

I think he may end up being not very competitive (obviously all final  judgement reserved till I have the book) As he’s 660 and cheaper than the other big two as such I don’t think he will have amazing defensive stats on top of his magic. This means shooting armies will have an easy time vs lists with him and even things like Tzeentch between lords of change and their other rules they can fairly easily shut down casting rolls of 10. 

yea, it's hard to reserve judgement until the book drops, but I think he could have his uses. I don't want him to be uncompetative by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't want this army to be a one trick eel pony like the idoneth deepkin can be with their Akhelians. 

Still, the 5+ ward save spell may be an autoinclude on him, and he may be great for those new endless spells.

Also I have to say I am in love with the rune of petrifaction. It's effect happens at the start AND end of the movement phase. combine that with the spell we already seen where the enemy halves their movement characteristic and we can shut down an entire unit if the starts align.

Am I the only one less hyped every time? Teclis 660p and casts 4 spells instantly? I love Alarielle model, I think is a lot more beautiful than Teclis, and she is 600p and can cast 3 spells plus the summon thing and I love her but I thought Teclis would be more powerful. I know they are now Gods but u know, it's the great Teclis...

And the endless spells.... sorry, I cant like them. They are horrible and the only one that maybe is something meh is so simple that I cant...

For me the horses, bows and spears are great. Cowmen.... borderline. Heroes.... Eltharion super cool, veil lady meh, cow mage meh, Teclis borderline...

Yes I know, If I dont like it dont buy it but I own all the elves armys on AoS and Fantasy and I'm a bit dissapointed that this elves are so meh

And yes it's super new the idea of giant mountain cows spirits going there but what the hell have u seen the frostphoenix well painted? the forest dragon? the black dragon? all the chariots? the lions? The high elf on gryph? The old Eltharion I think is a miniature of 1990 or similar, almost 30 years ago that if you wanna see something similar now u can compare to the stardrake that is a wonderful miniature. And this is not nostalgia cause I got them here on this room and they are awesome miniatures. So as the plastic Swordsmen and ellyrion are so amazing miniatures... And of course Alarielle, every Idoneth Deepking model, Morathi... 

Maybe is just me, maybe I was expecting too much. But with that spells....... Oh my god...... 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I’ve gone full Lumineth now. At the start my hype died and I was looking into ways of making them more traditional WH High Elf. But the more time’s gone on the more I’ve accepted what they are and am a full convert. I love the cow stuff, speaks of a different culture, more Indian, Egyptian or Greek. They still feel like high elves to me, with how they’ve gone about the designs, just from a different angle. 

I totally get why they’re not for everyone though, but I’m full battle cattle.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

There was an image on P77 of this forum from the white dwarf that showed a lumineth battleline against slaves and there was a very bizzare white shape that looked like a helmet and some pennants that did not match anything we were shown so far.  (on the image it was behind Eltharion) thats my basis on there being at least 1 more unit but I could be wrong.

image.png.cd48929364308002bb6b396caf5281

I agree the picture looked like there could plausibly be something there, but we have the full list from the battle report this was taken from so that seems to shut the door on that angle.

53 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Am I the only one less hyped every time? Teclis 660p and casts 4 spells instantly? I love Alarielle model, I think is a lot more beautiful than Teclis, and she is 600p and can cast 3 spells plus the summon thing and I love her but I thought Teclis would be more powerful. I know they are now Gods but u know, it's the great Teclis...

And the endless spells.... sorry, I cant like them. They are horrible and the only one that maybe is something meh is so simple that I cant...

For me the horses, bows and spears are great. Cowmen.... borderline. Heroes.... Eltharion super cool, veil lady meh, cow mage meh, Teclis borderline...

Yes I know, If I dont like it dont buy it but I own all the elves armys on AoS and Fantasy and I'm a bit dissapointed that this elves are so meh

And yes it's super new the idea of giant mountain cows spirits going there but what the hell have u seen the frostphoenix well painted? the forest dragon? the black dragon? all the chariots? the lions? The high elf on gryph? The old Eltharion I think is a miniature of 1990 or similar, almost 30 years ago that if you wanna see something similar now u can compare to the stardrake that is a wonderful miniature. And this is not nostalgia cause I got them here on this room and they are awesome miniatures. So as the plastic Swordsmen and ellyrion are so amazing miniatures... And of course Alarielle, every Idoneth Deepking model, Morathi... 

Maybe is just me, maybe I was expecting too much. But with that spells....... Oh my god...... 

And it's doom and gloom as elven-expectations-go-Boom.... in Teclis's Realm!

yea, there is not a lot we can say about it. Really, it's fine if this is the one elf faction you don't want to collect. If you're getting less hyped, then stop worrying about these guys and play Cities of Sigmar Elves. They have the units you want in terms of Dragons, phoenix's and gryphons. may do some leg work to get everything the way you want it, but if these guys are not for you then you dont have to collect them. not much more to say about this kind of negativity than that, and if you really have a problem maybe send an email to GW.  it's okay to voice it, but don't be upset if people don't agree. 

Anyways, the spells are pretty interesting in my own oppinion. We havn't seen all the rules yet, obviously, but what we have could be interesting. The circle ward could be used to block a wide area of the table for units that cannot fly, or can protect a model on an objective, further adding to our defense. Or it could be used to create Thunder Dome around Eltharion versus a hero. seems pretty interesting, and I'm just happy it's not a weird prismatic wall clone like the Fyre slayers got.

Edited by Acid_Nine

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I agree the picture looked like there could plausibly be something there, but we have the full list from the battle report this was taken from so that seems to shut the door on that angle.

I do now think that yes, there is nothing left to be seen within the range. the list of units for warcry sealed that IMO. still, i'm not dissapointed with what we have, I may just need to rewrite the backstory for my army and main characters.

1 minute ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I do now think that yes, there is nothing left to be seen within the range. the list of units for warcry sealed that IMO. still, i'm not dissapointed with what we have, I may just need to rewrite the backstory for my army and main characters.

Idk it is pretty disappointing that kit count and warscroll count looks like it is going to be the lowest in all of AOS for an army they super hyped up.

I think some people are over hyping how small the range is. Look at fyreslayers and ironjawz. Fyreslayers only have 3 core units and it seems in each edition only 1 is really worth taking. They may have more war scrolls but it’s only due to hero choices. 

deepkin have more choices but so many are bad that actually only about 5 or 6 warwcrolls see play. As long as the Lumineth warscrolls are all playable the release is 100% fine and varied interesting armies will be available especially with allegiance abilities battalions etc. 

• Thanks 2

I hoped for a couple more kits. The mini's look fine. I did expect more from it, because of how it was hyped by GW compared to other army releases. Hopefully the army is fun / diverse to play without using special characters.

45 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Warcry units are absolutely no indication of the full range.  For instance where’s the Akhelian Allopex in Warcry? Akhelian King?  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

I think some people are over hyping how small the range is. Look at fyreslayers and ironjawz. Fyreslayers only have 3 core units and it seems in each edition only 1 is really worth taking. They may have more war scrolls but it’s only due to hero choices. 

deepkin have more choices but so many are bad that actually only about 5 or 6 warwcrolls see play. As long as the Lumineth warscrolls are all playable the release is 100% fine and varied interesting armies will be available especially with allegiance abilities battalions etc. 

Ironjawz have been my sole army since I started playing AoS, and even though I always wished for a few more units I've always had a lot of fun trying different builds. A 2-mawkrusha alpha list plays very differently from an ardfist maxed out on ardboyz, and at my last tournament I ran a totally skewed big waaagh magic list (not with much success...🤣). Working how to max out a limited roster is what I'm used to, I glaze over before I've even got through the hero section in the SCE, Skaven or Chaos books.

• Like 2

Just now, Rhetoric said:

Warcry units are absolutely no indication of the full range.  For instance where’s the Akhelian Allopex in Warcry? Akhelian King?  

Or tidecaster, or Soulrender, or soulscryer for that matter.

Deepkin got a raw deal in warcry, at least in terms of variety. Lumineth seem very well catered for.

9 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

Oh, I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong on this matter, but for the moment I will hold my horses and be content with what I can see at the moment. I do think you are right though, there must be at least one more kit but I am ok if there is not 

1 hour ago, LordAlpharius said:

I still hope that we will at least get one more hero (preferably a generic mounted melee hero) but I'm quite pleased with what we have seen so far.

Indeed it would be nice and although I’m fine with the range as we’ve seen without a generic “fighter” hero it also limits worthwhile command traits and artifacts to only defensive or casting ones. 

EDIT: just realized I’m probably being stupid as the spirit of the mountain are probably heroes so fill the generic fighter so a good target for aggressive traits and items. 

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the reasons I have been so optimistic about seeing a mounted Lord option within the Lmineth release is that I have been planning/working on a conversion idea  based around a mounted character since Teclis was revealed in January. At the time it seemed inconceivable that there would not be some mounted Hero alongside the reimagined High Elves for Age of Sigmar.

Since that is looking unlikely, I'm left a bit forlorn and so will have to look at available allies to represent this model in game.

That said I've put too much work into the creation to simply abandon it, so I've decided to share it here instead.

One of my favorite aspects of the Warhammer hobby, is taking snippets of lore and background and then crafting unique personal characters which fill that niche while still connecting with the broader design language of the faction. Creating things that both "fin in" and "stand out" all at once.

With that in mind, This was my take on creating a elemental spirit which would eventually serve as a mount for a prince character. The initial design was meant to play with the Asian inspired design language of the Lumineth and to be representative of a Quilin or Kirin, a Dragon Horse in east asian mythology. Instead of the more traditional deer-like head of the Japanese Kirin, or the Dragon-like head of the Chinese Quilin, I chose to emulate the masks seen on Celennar the Moon Spirit and the Alarith Mountain Spirit. 

To further tie it in with the Lumineth, I've given it both Moon, and Phoenix earrings to show that it is balanced between Teclian and Tyrionic side of Lumineth Culture. 

dvBLaig.jpg

eXq5whx.jpg

Vwgnuxp.jpg

There is still a great deal of work to do, around the head, the mane directly behind the mask needs to be sculpted, and of course I still need to figure out what to use him as. Additionally, the rider is a placeholder for the moment, but I feel it is in a state that is worth sharing.

• Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 5