Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

So, looking at the intro picture of the Lumineth Dawnriders, the background is interesting.

What's up with this guy here? Looks like he has some very heavy armour and fights with a heavy two-handed weapon. Doesn't that look a bit like the hammer we saw a few weeks ago in one of the rumours? The armour also shares that broker earthen style with the hammer picture. So some kind of mountain elite warrior with a two-handed hammer? On the other side of the rider is what looks like a spearman we have seen with no "broken" armour.  

So the Danwrider update might have been even more interesting : ) 

50752090_Screenshot2020-02-2513_48_28.png.0aa55a1a0fc431cb83783396f23f1093.pngl

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

That is 150 billion % the hammer unit, so it looks like that's happening for sure. Dual kit with swords maybe? Can't see them not giving them 2 warscroll/weapon options at the least.

I am starting to get spooked about no dragons. If that ends up being the case I guess Shadow Elves will be the dragon focused faction as Malekith fused with his. Maybe that's the angle we will see between the 2 factions, one more regal and proud and one more mysterious and beastful (creature wise). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hypephoon said:

That is 150 billion % the hammer unit, so it looks like that's happening for sure. Dual kit with swords maybe? Can't see them not giving them 2 warscroll/weapon options at the least.

I am starting to get spooked about no dragons. If that ends up being the case I guess Shadow Elves will be the dragon focused faction as Malekith fused with his. Maybe that's the angle we will see between the 2 factions, one more regal and proud and one more mysterious and beastful (creature wise). 

I think so yes, probably dragons for Malerion’s faction. But then, until yesterday I thought Tyrion will fly in on a dragon. So who knows. But definitely looks more like the Lumineth getting some kind of Phoenix. 

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

So, looking at the intro picture of the Lumineth Dawnriders, the background is interesting.

What's up with this guy here? Looks like he has some very heavy armour and fights with a heavy two-handed weapon. Doesn't that look a bit like the hammer we saw a few weeks ago in one of the rumours? The armour also shares that broker earthen style with the hammer picture. So some kind of mountain elite warrior with a two-handed hammer?

What if we get a hammerer cavalry? (Dual kit with the riders)

@JackStreicher

Could be. 

In the background there is something that could be a war machine, or even an earth elemental. It's really hard to tell though.

I was more thinking that this might mean we get one elite unit for every of the 4 elementals. This being the mountain one (because of the earthen look, and the heavy armour), and one more for the other three. Maybe two dual kits? There must be at least one which looks a bit more graceful. After all Teclis is involved. 

Anyway, I love that they really gave the aelves a hammer unit. Really cool. Take that Duardin! (You could also say that the elves finally saw the light and copied dwarf weap.... Thud!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For anyone who looks at the DakkaDakka forum, is it unable to load for you guys? I haven’t been able to load the forum for 2 days now. 

Also I’m now quite keen to see the hammer unit in the flesh. I was quite skeptical to begin with of an elf hammer unit, but that art looks quite interesting, the armour is quite cool looking. 

Edited by Tiberius501

@Koradrel of Chrace it keeps telling me that my web browser couldn’t load the page, even though I can use the internet fine with everything else. It’s a little bit bizarre haha.

and I’m still hoping they’ll have a sword option, but I think I can get behind them with hammers if it’s the only option. As long as that art reflects how they look in reality. 

Edited by Tiberius501

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

What's up with this guy here? Looks like he has some very heavy armour and fights with a heavy two-handed weapon. Doesn't that look a bit like the hammer we saw a few weeks ago in one of the rumours? The armour also shares that broker earthen style with the hammer picture. So some kind of mountain elite warrior with a two-handed hammer? On the other side of the rider is what looks like a spearman we have seen with no "broken" armour.  

So the Danwrider update might have been even more interesting : ) 

That hammer seems the same as the rumour engine

10 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Doesn't that look a bit like the hammer we saw a few weeks ago in one of the rumours?

People didn't want to believe it was a hammer because "elves don't use hammers!!" but honestly I've been ready for more elves with axes and hammers, and I think they'll look dope when they're finally revealed!

34 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I will now pause to eat my very large serving of crow after vigourously saying that the Rumour Engine picture was not a hammer.  To every one who said it was I bow in concession.

thank you :P I think the high fantasy aesthetic will do hammer elves justice for sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

No, gryphons can't resurrect after they die which afaik is really the anchor of phoenixes (phoenix?)

Whatever they're called, I hope they have a warscroll as I have two Spire of Dawn Phoenix waiting in hope.

I'm not sure if there is an actual real world plural for Phoenix as mythologically there was only ever one.  So any way is the correct way and the consensus will out. 

Well now that I see the model I really couldn’t be happier for hammer elves, and along with koradrel I will eat my crow. I think they are using the hollow hammer head, but those detail aside that background picture makes them look bloody cool... and I am happy they are flesh and blood elves rather than elementals! Maybe they are hopped up on special elemental spirits compared to the elves normal allotment.

So I well expect:

Teclis as seen
Tyrion with Dragon/mount
The medium cav knights
A heavy knight type (maybe on drakes)
The spearmen unit (with archer option)
Swordman/hammer unit
Artilary peice (maybe 2 options like bolt thrower but have to choose with. Does either many normal shots or 1 magical special shot. Or different 1 off ammo types like the crawler)
The armour suit model (Eltherion)
Support caster
Support mounted hero

If they have been building this for a while and on the old high elf theme, I think this is will be the set up

Gives 2 big lords
3 Hero choices (Caster, mounted hero, armour suit)
3 Battle line (med cav, archer, spears)
3 Other (Heavy cav, hammers, swords)
1 Artillery 

• Like 1