Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

100 pages of discussion before the book came out... and probably 3 pages of discussion after 😉

Honestly I hope we can keep talking about fluff and stuff like that after the book comes out. I really like the story of what GW put out, and made it pretty clear how their tempers and emotions flared before the Lumineth were introduced to the elements. (usually exposure to the elements is a bad thing, but hey they're elves.)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

100 pages of discussion before the book came out... and probably 3 pages of discussion after 😉

Honestly I hope we can keep talking about fluff and stuff like that after the book comes out. I really like the story of what GW put out, and made it pretty clear how their tempers and emotions flared before the Lumineth were introduced to the elements. (usually exposure to the elements is a bad thing, but hey they're elves.)

Im sure we could turn this into a fluffy forum post book, Mod permission willing of course but it would be fun to have a place to throw idea's around. Speeking of which, anyone got any draft idea's on what they are looking to do with their army yet based on what we know so far?

1 minute ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Im sure we could turn this into a fluffy forum post book, Mod permission willing of course but it would be fun to have a place to throw idea's around. Speeking of which, anyone got any draft idea's on what they are looking to do with their army yet based on what we know so far?

Archers ringed by the Sigil of Yngra so people have to come up and deal with them so i can flank with cavalry While Teclis flies around shouting "lightning bolt" and smiting people

4 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I think I plan on doing a "standard" set up. The staunchest line of spears in the mortal realms, backed up by archers, at least one battle cattle, Stoneguard and a lot of Calvary and wizards. after my all eel list for my Idoneth, I feel like I need infantry that can absorb damage and dish it out.

I was already anxious about Subfactions - so far we have Iliatha and Syar confirmed and I hope we wil get atleast 4 Factions. (Ymmetrica and Zaitrec also seem semi-confirmed when considering the Cards from the Box-Promotion Video and the White Dwarf Report.)
My expectations are kind of naive towards the Battalions, however I hope we will get ample possibilities to tinker around with them.

So, unless GW are keeping a colossal secret, it seems we’ve seen all the kits for the Lumineth. All the articles, art work and photos would suggest that. Whilst this is relatively disappointing, we still have some of the most gorgeous rank and file in the whole of age of Sigmar. My favourites being the classic medieval fantasy tropes of archer, spearman and cavalry.

I do have one last hope however, that the Teclis kit will have multi build options including a martial Prince riding upon a giant Hyshian Griffon. It would only take a head swap and a rider. Now that I would love. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

FYI in the facebook group someone just posted a pic of himself bringing the box home from his local store and the mods gave him permission to post pics of the rules/points. Pictures incoming in the next hour or two.

What facebook group? Do you have a link?

18 minutes ago, michu said:

None. All will be available separately at later date.

That's good news, thank you! I think Lumineth might be my next army, but right now I still have a ton of stuff to paint and my wife will call me crazy if I come with another box full of plastic laying around for half a year 😁

32 minutes ago, Percivael said:

So, unless GW are keeping a colossal secret, it seems we’ve seen all the kits for the Lumineth. All the articles, art work and photos would suggest that. Whilst this is relatively disappointing, we still have some of the most gorgeous rank and file in the whole of age of Sigmar. My favourites being the classic medieval fantasy tropes of archer, spearman and cavalry.

I do have one last hope however, that the Teclis kit will have multi build options including a martial Prince riding upon a giant Hyshian Griffon. It would only take a head swap and a rider. Now that I would love. 

Make friends with a Cities player, the General on Griffin has a spare griffin head (three actually; there are two single heads and one double head in it) and spare rider (there is Karl and another general apart from the Amber wizard).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Make friends with a Cities player, the General on Griffin has a spare griffin head (three actually; there are two single heads and one double head in it) and spare rider (there is Karl and another general apart from the Amber wizard).

That’s a good idea. I actually like the Sphinx face. What I’d really like is another warscroll. A Generic combat/magic hero that can become a suitably impressive centrepiece for the army without having to take a special character like Teclis. The Teclis kit could possibly do this.

47 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

FYI in the facebook group someone just posted a pic of himself bringing the box home from his local store and the mods gave him permission to post pics of the rules/points. Pictures incoming in the next hour or two.

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

Ahem. That is quite nice, and I am mildly excited for it.

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

The Lore article is out. I really need them to make this guy into a hero unit. Like NOW. hahahaha

Ig53ViG7pQ3e6eRH.jpg

This is an amazing piece of art. So cool to see these colors which look like classic dark elves in a Lumineth art piece. The wizard looks awesome and seems to have a 'river' rune on his staff... Looking forward to seeing this color scheme on some actual models. 

What I really like about the fluff is that it seems like they sorta recreated the old world lore with the fall to decadence and the civil war. But that is now in the past, so the Lumineth are, in a way, picking up the story where old world lore ended.

Earlier I seem to have misremembered how eatherquartz was described in the core book. I still need some more clarity, which I hope the army book will offer. I'd like to incorporate the excessive use of eatherquartz into the lore for my Slaaneshy elves. I also read up on what 'aether' is or was in the real world. There are some interesting things that the ancient greeks thought it was. they actually thought of it as a fifth element (actually the first element). More recently scientists thought of aether as an explanation for how light moves... 

1 minute ago, Adamschanner said:

Looks like there will be no added units in the future. :( At least for the time being... No Tyrion :(.....Still super stoked though!

They never release rules that they don’t make models for, so Tyrion not being in the book right now doesn’t mean he never will be. But a second wave was always going to come with a new book, not with rules in this one.

1 minute ago, Adamschanner said:

Looks like there will be no added units in the future. :( At least for the time being... No Tyrion :(.....Still super stoked though!

yea it is a pitifully short army roster isn't it? 

Also, the Spirit of the mountain isn't a Hero?! holy cow that is a surprise. no relics for them either, and makes it so that the ideas I had for a big melee hero is nill...

Also, That is a big entry for the Wardens, which is kinda odd. Still, I need more info.

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

Also, the Spirit of the mountain isn't a Hero?! holy cow that is a surprise. no relics for them either, and makes it so that the ideas I had for a big melee hero is nill...

Also, That is a big entry for the Wardens, which is kinda odd. Still, I need more info.

He said it reads that for each unit of archers or horesmen you want to take as battleline, it requires a unit of Wardens.

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

Yeah, the Wardens have a long sentence which says that for each Warden unit you take in your list, one Sentinel or Dawnrider unit can count as battleline.